Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    How do you know that? Coach was very complimentary of Shaq and his attitude on the coaches show just a few weeks ago. What is your definition of a long time? Do you have inside information or is this just your opinion?
    On the same show that he was complimentary of Shaq, coach also said that he hoped his compliments didn't go to his head. If you noticed, Shaq didn't play at all the last game or two in Hawaii following the game where he watched on defense and rebounding more than playing hard.

Comment

Shaq2.jpg Shaq off the court

Shaq3.jpg Need this 100% of the time in practice and games.

Comment

I watched a clip of a 2012 3G practice as part of his DVD teaching series and he was in the coaching room and started his address to that team with something to this efffect:

What I want to hear from you when addressed by the coaches about things on film or things in practice is: "Yes, coach, I hear you. I understand. Thank you!" This is jnot the time for debate. Just, I understand, Coach. If you want to discuss it, there is a time and a place where you are welcome to freely do so , but this is NOT the time.

That is a huge paraphrase, but I think you all will understand the message. Now, how that applies to Shaq, if at all, is beyond my scope of understanding.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I don't have the most accurate memory but didn't David Kyles get left at home on at least one occasion?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            I don't have the most accurate memory but didn't David Kyles get left at home on at least one occasion?
            Have no memory of this ever happening before.

Comment

Yes. I would genuinely like to know if he has facts or if it his opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions. I am well aware of the articles and comments made in the past by Fred and the coach. I follow this team as much as anyone. It well known Shaq has growing up to do. I have seen nothing yet from coach or anyone else saying factually that he is on thin ice, this weekends events not withstanding.

It may well turn out that Shaq will not be a part of this team in the future. Time will tell. I just want to know if someone knows as a fact when they make statements as facts...

A lot if people express their opinions as facts. This appears to me to be another example..

Coach didn't allow him to go to Drake and wear his uniform. that is a fact.

Comment

Nothing on shaq's Twitter. Which is good, no needed distractions from here on out.

Comment

I'm definitely still in the camp of hoping he still has a chance with the team.

There are way more reasons to stay. He's already used his redshirt, this team is pulling hard for its forwards to develop, he has the talent to play for a top 50 team, he is currently playing for the best coach in D-1 so anything else available to him will be a step down, etc

If he goes home for a weekend and has a long conversation with Grandpa (or whoever the people are who love him most), I could see him coming back ready to play again. I have zero concern that Marshall is being bad to him or singling him out or anything.

I still want him here. However, if he is becoming a distraction as Coach said, his presence could actually be part of what's wrong with the team lately. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Coach didn't allow him to go to Drake and wear his uniform. that is a fact.
                    But it doesn't answer my original question, how anybody on this board KNOWS he has been on thin ice for a long time. We all know Shaq is a work in progress, that he needs to work harder, needs to mature. Those facts have been stated publicly by the coaching staff and players on radio and in print.

All we kmow right now is that Shaq stayed and why. That might be a wake up call and short term situation. It might be more. Time will tell. I simply wanted to know if the statement was opinion or inside information.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      David Cadillac Kyles certainly tested the coaches patience. Definitely lost his starting position to Demetric, but don't recall hus being left home..

Comment

It's sometimes so frustrating, looking at his abilities as they currently are.

If he played as hard as Wessel all the time he would find his way to the NBA after a Shocker career worthy of the rafters. He just had not put together the effort required on a consistent basis.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

How do you know that? Coach was very complimentary of Shaq and his attitude on the coaches show just a few weeks ago. What is your definition of a long time? Do you have inside information or is this just your opinion?
                          A couple things ...

Yes, I have 2 inside sources. Had this source for awhile now, gives me lil tidbits about the team from time to time. These ppl arent a gossip queens & tell me things that can & sometimes can not be said on here. I follow that lead. Am I all knowing of the team? No.

My definition of a long time? I took that as a jab btw ... But in this case, since Shaq has arrived on campus thru to the current date.

Then there is coach praising Shaq in the media ... Do you believe that coaches, sometimes, praising players thru media lie or misconstrue facts, just to help with the PR spin, psyche of the player(s), etc.?? If you don't, you are naive.

With all this being said, How this situation plays out is entirely up to Shaq. He has had plenty of warning & opportunities to put himself in a better position. I like Shaq personally, think he has a lot to offer this world, but he needs some growing up & needs to hold himself more accountable. Helluva athlete & possesses all the physical tools, but that can be said about many of former players.

I'm still rooting for Shaq and will continue regardless of the outcome, if he xfers, stays, becomes all valley,etc. IMO tho, if he stays on his current path, he will not finish his career at WSU.
                          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I don't recall David ever being left behind. His lapses were usually momentary, albeit too long for GM.

My concern about Shaq is can Gregg rebuild the motor of someone used to being able to dominate simply by being bigger.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

He wasn't allowed to participate in Shocker Madness and wasn't allowed to go to Des Moines and some question the thickness of the ice under his feet. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                                A couple things ...

Yes, I have 2 inside sources. Had this source for awhile now, gives me lil tidbits about the team from time to time. These ppl arent a gossip queens & tell me things that can & sometimes can not be said on here. I follow that lead. Am I all knowing of the team? No.

My definition of a long time? I took that as a jab btw ... But in this case, since Shaq has arrived on campus thru to the current date.

Then there is coach praising Shaq in the media ... Do you believe that coaches, sometimes, praising players thru media lie or misconstrue facts, just to help with the PR spin, psyche of the player(s), etc.?? If you don't, you are naive.

With all this being said, How this situation plays out is entirely up to Shaq. He has had plenty of warning & opportunities to put himself in a better position. I like Shaq personally, think he has a lot to offer this world, but he needs some growing up & needs to hold himself more accountable. Helluva athlete & possesses all the physical tools, but that can be said about many of former players.

I'm still rooting for Shaq and will continue regardless of the outcome, if he xfers, stays, becomes all valley,etc. IMO tho, if he stays on his current path, he will not finish his career at WSU.
                                Your first paragraph answered my original question. No jab was intended. It was a sincere question. If you are implying that I am naive in believing that HCGM means what says when he says it, ok, HCGM is a liar, and I am naive.

Thanks for answering.

Comment

Working...
                                X