No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado is the other name mentioned by Gary Squires. They have 3 seniors on this year's roster. One is a walk-on and one doesn't play much. Askia Booker is the only one of the 3 that is a key player.

According to verbal commits they have 1 verbal commitment, 3 open offers (2 guards and 1 power forward) and no spots open for next year. The following year they have a minimum of 4 scholarships available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      It's possible for Frankamp to receive a complete or partial out-of-state tuition waiver depending on where he goes, the state's/school's rules, and his grades.
      There is no instate or out of state tuition for private schools. Everyone has the same enormous tuition bill, however, they also have easy to grab scholarships for academics. Not sure what restrictions athletes have on said academic schollies.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Not sure what restrictions athletes have on said academic schollies.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          There is no instate or out of state tuition for private schools. Everyone has the same enormous tuition bill, however, they also have easy to grab scholarships for academics. Not sure what restrictions athletes have on said academic schollies.
          Academic scholarships are available, but I don't think they would apply in this situation. Maybe there would be one, but then again, that would be a tough way to piece together financial aid. It would be easier for an athlete to simply go to a school where there was a guaranteed open spot.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            I fully understand your point. I would be skeptical how this would go down i.e. representations they have made to their approximately 5 SG recruits. Of course, he could always encourage someone to transfer or take a schollie away from another player to make the numbers work.

We do it here and manage to keep everyone happy, but is McD smart enough to pull off a Marshall? That would be the key question, as I think the recruiting season has unfolded enough if he suddenly slammed the door in his #1 SG recruit's face it would make him look foolish.
            I personally don't think McD's coaching career is going to be long enough for it to matter if he doesn't get a high volume scorer like CF. Slam the door in the face of whoever you have to to stay relevant.

That'd be a different matter if I was talking about Coach Marshall, who is building a program. Coach McD doesn't need to be worried about the program. Get a high volume scorer in there and ride him to a new job. CF is almost certainly better than anyone McD's been able to listen to his pitch to this point.

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            In fairness, Creighton was good before McDermott arrived
            The success before McDermott was due to a solid coach, though. The current success has been due to one player. And I use "success" a bit loosely in both cases, since neither could win in March.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              KU paid this fall semester for CF whether he played or not. He was eligible to play, but decided not to. It is burned for eternity. The only advantage for the timing of the decision is for him to openly search for a new school during the remainder of the fall semester.
              This is flat wrong...I'm not sure how ths keeps getting missed...the issue of whether to play this semester or not has far more tangible ramifications than in freeing him up to go on visits...the timing was essential for Frankamp to be eligible to play in the 2017-2018 basketball season. If he had played even the first exhibition game and then transferred, his college career would have been over at the completion of the 2016-2017 season. By not ruining his ability to redshirt this year, he is a soph In the spring of 2016 rather than a junior.

Comment

• Well, Seminole, give McDermott credit for building well enough at UNI to merit interest from Iowa State (as well as smart enough to do an Oliver Purnell style move to Creighton before he was given the boot by the Cyclones). Unfortunately for him, after he learned that the "greener grass" elsewhere can be tricky, and that moving up in terms of conference affiliation can endanger one's career (which presumably might have kept him from trying again), his school sabotaged him by taking the decision away and moving up for him. Ouch -- that's the bad news.

The good news for McD is that Doug's afterglow, plus Big East euphoria, should give him a long enough honeymoon in Omaha that he should have at least a couple of years to look around for a safer alternative. Still, having a potentially prolific scorer to plug in next season would be a prudent way to increase his margin for error.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Well, Seminole, give McDermott credit for building well enough at UNI to merit interest from Iowa State (as well as smart enough to do an Oliver Purnell style move to Creighton before he was given the boot by the Cyclones). Unfortunately for him, after he learned that the "greener grass" elsewhere can be tricky, and that moving up in terms of conference affiliation can endanger one's career (which presumably might have kept him from trying again), his school sabotaged him by taking the decision away and moving up for him. Ouch -- that's the bad news.

The good news for McD is that Doug's afterglow, plus Big East euphoria, should give him a long enough honeymoon in Omaha that he should have at least a couple of years to look around for a safer alternative. Still, having a potentially prolific scorer to plug in next season would be a prudent way to increase his margin for error.
                  Maybe the best use of his talents would be to produce another male offspring.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Maybe the best use of his talents would be to produce another male offspring.
                    The best time to produce a talented child to save your coaching career was 22 years ago. The second best time is today!!
                    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• I though McDermott had a really nice recruiting class this year... At least somebody told me that. There is no doubt that this year will be difficult for CU, but I wouldn't bet against them maintaining a top 4 spot in the Big East.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        I though McDermott had a really nice recruiting class this year... At least somebody told me that. There is no doubt that this year will be difficult for CU, but I wouldn't bet against them maintaining a top 4 spot in the Big East.
                        Are you on pot?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Are you on pot?
                          I would bet money on them not finishing top 4. I would even take a bet that they finish last. Not as confidently, but I would put a little money on that. The pieces are there. I mean, the coaches who scout them all season with actual inside info and experience are picking them 9th. He will be MID MAJOR EAST Coach of the Year if he finishes top 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Are you on pot?
                            Also, that was most definitely a sarcastic UNI-esque/Creighton-esque blind-optimist post. If not, he is on pot.

Comment

• Can I just say that I'm so very proud of this thread? It has graduated to a new level. This thread has the kind of stuff that could really go toe-to-toe with EO's thread. We are using it to bag on Creighton, we have used it to bag on KU, and we may even be able to use it some for it's actual purpose, which is follow Frankamp. It's gonna be around a while. Getting off topic and still going strong is an indicator of a thread with staying power.
                              Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 11, 2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• And here I was hoping it would DIE !! just like my interest in a player who dint have an interest in WSU to begin with.
                                From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Working...
                                X