Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Effectively, Connor used his redshirt year this year leaving him 3 years to complete his 3 years of eligibility. However, since he has to sit out a full academic year under the transfer rules he is ineligible to play for the next two semesters. Leaving him with an actual 2.5 years of eligibility. Assuming he transfers next semester.
    True, but the 2.5 is really more like 2.75. He can play as soon as the Fall Semester ends, IIRC. So he should be able to play Mid December 2015. Effectively only missing a month of the season or so. Anyway, I am not picking nits here, just wanted to make the point that he will not miss 1/2 the games next season. Forgive me if this has already been covered.
    β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
      True, but the 2.5 is really more like 2.75. He can play as soon as the Fall Semester ends, IIRC. So he should be able to play Mid December 2015. Effectively only missing a month of the season or so. Anyway, I am not picking nits here, just wanted to make the point that he will not miss 1/2 the games next season. Forgive me if this has already been covered.
      Correct. Had all of this occurred a year ago, and Conner (or any other mid-season transfer, for that matter) been eligible to play this December, I believe he would be eligible for the Detroit game (first game after fall semester finals conclude), which would mean sitting out seven games of the 30 scheduled...then the postseason would knock the percentage of season missed even more.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
        Good point and it is very possible that entered into Conner's thinking in making the decision to leave KU before the season started.

Comment

• When I first saw that Frankamp had asked for his release, I was very skeptical about him transferring to the Shockers.

That said, I will support HCGM 100 percent in his efforts, and it appears as if he is interested in Frankamp.

Looking at Creighton's roster, I see they:
          * have 4 slots open (and 2 verbal commits)
          * look to need to spend one of those slots on a big (since Artino is a senior). I'm not convinced that a 'gang of four' could cover the PF and C positions to provide sufficient depth.
          * have one slot left - for a SG and are recruiting about 5 guys.

I don't know who else Frankamp is considering, but would it be in the realm of the possible to be offering him a Malcolm like deal? Pay your way for a year and go on scholly after you've sat out? On top of that, if Creighton offered such a deal, it would be very expensive - requiring him to have housing (and a private Catholic school can't be cheap on a credit hour basis).

Would like to hear from anyone else with information regarding what other schools he might be considering and what their scholarship situation looks like.....

Note I have no idea whom else Frankamp might be considering and/or what their scholarship situation might be like.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            When I first saw that Frankamp had asked for his release, I was very skeptical about him transferring to the Shockers.

That said, I will support HCGM 100 percent in his efforts, and it appears as if he is interested in Frankamp.

* look to need to spend one of those slots on a big (since Artino is a senior). I'm not convinced that a 'gang of four' could cover the PF and C positions to provide sufficient depth.

I don't know who else Frankamp is considering, but would it be in the realm of the possible to be offering him a Malcolm like deal? Pay your way for a year and go on scholly after you've sat out? On top of that, if Creighton offered such a deal, it would be very expensive - requiring him to have housing (and a private Catholic school can't be cheap on a credit hour basis).

Would like to hear from anyone else with information regarding what other schools he might be considering and what their scholarship situation looks like.....

Note I have no idea whom else Frankamp might be considering and/or what their scholarship situation might be like.
            That is a good point. Walking on at CU or at any out of state school would be much more expensive than walking on in-state at WSU. Obviously, he would get scholarship offers, but if for some reason he doesn't from the places he is considering, that would lend itself in WSU's favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              When I first saw that Frankamp had asked for his release, I was very skeptical about him transferring to the Shockers.

Regardless of the WSU debate, if I was Coach McDermott, I would be throwing every possible resource at signing CF right now.

Creighton is going to be in serious trouble, and they absolutely need a new high-volume scorer.

Creighton relies on a bandwagon fanbase. You can't go through a rebuilding process at Creighton, and they need something shiny to keep their attention.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                You can't go through a rebuilding process at Creighton, and they need something shiny to keep their attention.
                It may be a little too late...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  It may be a little too late...

It is too late. NU knows it, CU knows it and even UNO knows it. McD will surprise everyone up there by taking another job after this year. He was always a good guy, and I'm sure a smart one. I hope SOOOOOOOO much that when he moves to another school, it happens to be Bradley... I just hope he makes a move before he has to go down with that sinking ship. If he comes back the the MVC, Creighton will hate him so much and that's why I want it.

Speaking of Bradley, I wonder how the fans feel about Jim Les right about now?

Comment

• I'm sure the Big East wishes WSU and VCU were private schools right about now.

I wonder if CU (post McBuckets) and Bulter (post Brad Stevens) can have sustained success.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      It is too late. NU knows it, CU knows it and even UNO knows it. McD will surprise everyone up there by taking another job after this year. He was always a good guy, and I'm sure a smart one. I hope SOOOOOOOO much that when he moves to another school, it happens to be Bradley... I just hope he makes a move before he has to go down with that sinking ship. If he comes back the the MVC, Creighton will hate him so much and that's why I want it.

Speaking of Bradley, I wonder how the fans feel about Jim Les right about now?
                      McD could go fix Loyola, too, and watch his son play for the Bulls. Get out of there McD. Leave Frankamp alone and just get out of there.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        That is a good point. Walking on at CU or at any out of state school would be much more expensive than walking on in-state at WSU. Obviously, he would get scholarship offers, but if for some reason he doesn't from the places he is considering, that would lend itself in WSU's favor.
                        It's possible for Frankamp to receive a complete or partial out-of-state tuition waiver depending on where he goes, the state's/school's rules, and his grades.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          I'm sure the Big East wishes WSU and VCU were private schools right about now.

I wonder if CU (post McBuckets) and Butler (post Brad Stevens) can have sustained success.
                          Good question, Shurtz. In fairness, Creighton was good before McDermott arrived (although their tournament success was just as short-lasting every year then as it has been even during what Eamonn Brennan referred to, thanks to the Dougster, as their greatest era ever. Don't you know their handful of sober fans are wondering, What DOES it feel like to play on the second weekend?). But even as much as we like to make fun, you do have to play a lot more good conference games in the Big Priest than you do in the Valley, and that could be a problem, as evidenced by the ninth-place forecast. There's no conceivable circumstance under which Creighton would ever have eight Valley teams picked ahead of them to start the season.

Maybe Dad McDermott should move on to DePaul and become the new Oliver Purnell, in more ways than one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            Regardless of the WSU debate, if I was Coach McDermott, I would be throwing every possible resource at signing CF right now.

Creighton is going to be in serious trouble, and they absolutely need a new high-volume scorer.

Creighton relies on a bandwagon fanbase. You can't go through a rebuilding process at Creighton, and they need something shiny to keep their attention.
                            I fully understand your point. I would be skeptical how this would go down i.e. representations they have made to their approximately 5 SG recruits. Of course, he could always encourage someone to transfer or take a schollie away from another player to make the numbers work.

We do it here and manage to keep everyone happy, but is McD smart enough to pull off a Marshall? That would be the key question, as I think the recruiting season has unfolded enough if he suddenly slammed the door in his #1 SG recruit's face it would make him look foolish.

Comment

• BTW, good pic, WstateU. That 'N' in the picture.....in Lincoln it stands for Nowledge, right!

Comment

• Encyclopedia.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X