Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
    I don't think anybody is saying that. There are, however, some legitimate concerns about his small frame/lack of athleticism, his ego/attitude/father, and his willingness to play defense.
    You cannot substantiate any of those claims ... This thread has been entertaining on numerous levels but a few things:

1. How many diff ways can we spell Conner's name incorrectly?
    2. Conner is athletic, what has made ppl think otherwise?
    3. He's been in an outstanding S&C program, he's not weak or lacking strength.
    4. He was a Top 40 recruit in the country. How can any of you claim Shemat is a better player than Conner?? Has anyone here even attended any of Landry's games?
    5. Conner straight balled on the loaded Team USA team
    6. Numerous GWAL records -- "great work ethic, great kid" - Gary Squires, last yr when I bumped into him around town.
    7. How many of you know Marty? If you don't, speculation on family character isn't cool (I don't know Marty)
    8. It's amazing how many ppl know the intimate details of HCGM's recruitment of Conner
    9. You can't compare Conner to Baker collegiately, and if you can't figure out why, then it doesn't need to be explained to you.
    10. I hate KU -- and I understand it's hard to take off the black & gold glasses sometimes, but try to look at this situation objectively. If you can't ... Whatever, Go SHOX
    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Marshall may need to order Conner a stick of "Turlington's Lower Back Tattoo Remover"; heard it works well on feet also.

Is that a foot??? Looks like a hoof belonging to a chupacabra!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Is that a foot??? Looks like a hoof belonging to a chupacabra!
        That's not a foot...
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• This entire thread!!!!!

Pffffffffffffffffffffft!!!!!!!

we don't need Frankamp or his helicopter dad!!!
          You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            I think Baker could form Frankamp into a human pretzel, so there's that. Man versus boy.
            If he does that and they are playing on the same team, that would indicate a chemistry problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
              You cannot substantiate any of those claims ... This thread has been entertaining on numerous levels but a few things:

4. He was a Top 40 recruit in the country. How can any of you claim Shemat is a better player than Conner?? Has anyone here even attended any of Landry's games?
              6. Numerous GWAL records -- "great work ethic, great kid" - Gary Squires, last yr when I bumped into him around town.
              7. How many of you know Marty? If you don't, speculation on family character isn't cool (I don't know Marty)
              8. It's amazing how many ppl know the intimate details of HCGM's recruitment of Conner
              9. You can't compare Conner to Baker collegiately, and if you can't figure out why, then it doesn't need to be explained to you.
              10. I hate KU -- and I understand it's hard to take off the black & gold glasses sometimes, but try to look at this situation objectively. If you can't ... Whatever, Go SHOX
              I think Connar is a stud. If Connur wants to come here, I hope that door is open. On the other hand if Conner goes to Creighton, then I am going to spread fresh conure all over my garden.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post

A. I have seen him play. He is not overly athletic. It is pretty hard to "substantiate" anything that is subjective anyways. 6' 165 lbs: not sure how much smaller he would have to be to qualify as someone having a small frame.
                B. I have heard numerous times about his father being hyper-involved, and for me, that is a legitimate concern. I didn't allude to his father being a total a-hole, etc- just that a father that wants to be included in every aspect of his son's basketball career is concerning for me.
                C. Once again, pretty hard to "substaintiate" a willingness to play defense, but he had no desire to do so in high school, and that was only slightly better last year at KU.

If he does end up joining this team, I would wish him nothing but the best, and hope that he is a significant contributor. I just don't quite understand the pant-wetting for him that some have displayed.

Comment

• I'm curious, would you guys like to have any of these players for the final 2.5 of their college careers play for the Shockers in 15-16 to 17-18.

Brady Heslip
                  Jacob Pullen
                  Angel Rodriquez
                  Phil Forte
                  Jon Sunvold
                  Kevin Pritchard
                  Steve Alford
                  THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
                    I'm curious, would you guys like to have any of these players for the final 2.5 of their college careers play for the Shockers in 15-16 to 17-18.

Brady Heslip
                    Jacob Pullen
                    Angel Rodriquez
                    Phil Forte
                    Jon Sunvold
                    Kevin Pritchard
                    Steve Alford
                    Yes please.

Comment

I'm curious, would you guys like to have any of these players for the final 2.5 of their college careers play for the Shockers in 15-16 to 17-18.

Brady Heslip
                      Jacob Pullen
                      Angel Rodriquez
                      Phil Forte
                      Jon Sunvold
                      Kevin Pritchard
                      Steve Alford
                      Not necessarily. I think and trust Gregg's already got that coming up the pipeline the next couple years. I see where you're going there...but IDK...I just feel Marshall's already got a few of these type of players coming in to the program for 15-16 and 17-18.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Steve Alford? No way. He will be 51 in 2015. Besides I'm betting by that time he will be busy at Indiana.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 4, 2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Mark it down, Conner will be a stone cold killer somewhere in a few years, and I pray to God that its here.
                          THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Not necessarily. I think and trust Gregg's already got that coming up the pipeline the next couple years. I see where you're going there...but IDK...I just feel Marshall's already got a few of these type of players coming in to the program for 15-16 and 17-18.
                            Please excuse me while I have a private conversation with my friend @AZ Shocker: ....

[*whisper* *whisper* *spsss* *sspps* *whisper* *SMACK!*]

Ok guys we're back and AZ has thought a little more about the question and has something to say to everyone. Go ahead AZ . . .

Comment

• 500 post and counting...

Even if Conner doesn't attend WSU, he will still be a ShockerNet legend!
                              The Assman

Comment

Mark it down, Conner will be a stone cold killer somewhere in a few years, and I pray to God that its here.
                                I hear ya! And to be honest I'm 50/50 on how he would do at Wichita St. The obvious problem to me is...there's just not room (scholarships) at this point of even next year. Like I said in a previous post...I totally want a local Wichita kid to succeed. I'm just thinking based on the "scholarships" being all full....he would be awesome at Northern Iowa or Creighton. Hell...he would probably do very well in the Big-10, ACC or AAC as well in my opinion.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X