Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Per-possession stats:
    Wamukota - 1.072
    Hurt .971

Offensive Rating adjusted for quality of opponent (KenPom):
    Wamukota - 100.4
    Hurt - 94.5

I feel like Wamukota's efficiency would decrease quite a bit if he played the same amount of minutes as Hurt did (2x Wamukota, roughly).
    Thanks for posting this, Kel. I greatly appreciate your research, which continues to support my point. Hurt is more Shadrack Lufile and less Carl Hall. I'm hoping that Wamukota's skills improve over the off season and he (and Hurt) both have good seasons. I just want my guy (Wamukota) to have a better one than Hurt.

So for the contrarians, do you all still think I'm 'constantly wrong' and 'full of it'? Or is getting owned 7 ways to Sunday enough for some of you to concentrate more on content and thoughts and less on getting a cheap shot in?

Comment

• I actually think it's very interesting that Hurt and Bush Dubya are very similar in their effective contributions to their teams...plus where their teams are at overall (#11 versus #100ish). That bears mentioning, too.

We were sad we missed on Hurt. Then, we were sad that Bush is developing slowly. Well, Bush isn't any worse than Hurt and his team is WAY better. Since we were recruiting Hurt, does that make Bush a little bit less of a "miss?" I mean obviously he's not incredible, but I'm not sure he's so bad. I guess there's also the whole concept of "where would Hurt be right now after a year under Marshall instead of Weber?" I suppose Hurt might be better than he is right now if he were being taught by Marshall. Who knows.

I will be ready to bail on Bush Dubya around December 15th next year. I'll make my decision then.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        So for the contrarians, do you all still think I'm 'constantly wrong' and 'full of it'? Or is getting owned 7 ways to Sunday enough for some of you to concentrate more on content and thoughts and less on getting a cheap shot in?
        You know, crow doesn't really taste THAT bad if you take the time to marinade it in ketchup.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Even after their win over KU, K-States RPI is at 91. Clearly outside of bubble territory. If the beat Iowa State, Texas on the road and win 2 games in the Big 12 tournament maybe they could get to the bubble. However, very hard to see that happening.
          According to rpiforecast.com, if K-State wins the last 2 regular season games and then finishes the Big 12 Tourney with:
          Championship game loss - RPI of 44
          Semi-Final loss - RPI of 61
          Quarter-Final loss - RPI of 80

Those numbers would possibly be worse if K-State didn't play the expected seed each round. RPI forecast predicts who the opponents will be in the conference tourney in order to forecast RPIs beyond the games that are scheduled. If Someone like Texas Tech pulled an upset and met up with K-State in the Big 12 Tourney, K-State's RPI would be worse than what the numbers above show. They need more than just wins. They need quality wins, and quite a few of them.

I think it is championship game or bust for the Cats, and that assumes they win the last 2 regular season games as well.

Comment

• Here's something interesting. The top teams in the SEC other than UK are:

Arkansas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU and Georgia.

Kentucky was barely able to hold off 3rd place Ole Miss 89-86 at home in OT on 1-6-15.
            Kentucky was barely able to hold of 4th place Texas A&M 70-64 on the road in OT 1-10-15.
            Kentucky was barely able to hold off 5th place LSU 71-69 on the road 2-10-15.
            Kentucky beat 6th place Georgia 69-58 at home on 2-3-15.

Point being UK still has the best team in the SEC on their schedule this Saturday, #18 Arkansas. They haven't played a team as good as the Razorbacks yet and they aren't necessarily handling 3-6th place very decisively. They also have the return game @Georgia on the schedule, plus the return game hosting Florida whom they only handled 68-61 last time out. There is still a decent chance someone can topple these guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              Here's something interesting. The top teams in the SEC other than UK are:

Arkansas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU and Georgia.

Kentucky was barely able to hold off 3rd place Ole Miss 89-86 at home in OT on 1-6-15.
              Kentucky was barely able to hold of 4th place Texas A&M 70-64 on the road in OT 1-10-15.
              Kentucky was barely able to hold off 5th place LSU 71-69 on the road 2-10-15.
              Kentucky beat 6th place Georgia 69-58 at home on 2-3-15.

Point being UK still has the best team in the SEC on their schedule this Saturday, #18 Arkansas. They haven't played a team as good as the Razorbacks yet and they aren't necessarily handling 3-6th place very decisively. They also have the return game @Georgia on the schedule, plus the return game hosting Florida whom they only handled 68-61 last time out. There is still a decent chance someone can topple these guys.
              I love your optimism....I'd give that 'decent chance' less than 1%....but, hey...crazy things happen!

Comment

• Evansville ends the season @ WSU, @ UNI and ISUr at home. Somebody doesn't like Marty.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Well I just seen fouling up 3 backfire with 4 seconds left Richmond hits 1st FT missed 2nd and VCU knocks it out of bounds with 2 seconds left and Richmond inbounds under the basket for a lay up and sends it to OT #2
                  2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                  2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                  2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                  2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                  The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Loyola and Drake battling for that 6 seed. Loyola up 8 at the under 12.

Comment

• Detroit picks up a big win over Valpo.
                      GW over St. Bonnie.
                      Tulsa looking good over Tulane.
                      SLU loses at Duquesne.

Comment

• Stat graphic put up for UNI on their game. In the last 7 games, their top 4 players had 44 3 pt shots. The next 6 or 7 players probably had another 20 or so.. Scary...

They are cruising against Evansville...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Detroit picks up a big win over Valpo.
                          You are telling me !!!!!!!!!!!

That Detroit win means that CSU vs Valpo on Friday night is likely for the Horizon league #1 seed and hosting the tournament. That was huge!

Detroit was tied at 60 and got fouled with 1.3 seconds left shooting a 3 to win it.
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• 7 point game at Cedar Falls. Ballentine with 8. You never know what a #10 ranking drapped around your neck will do.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              7 point game at Cedar Falls. Ballentine with 8. You never know what a #10 ranking drapped around your neck will do.
                              Or a #11 ranking for that matter. Plus a Game Day hype encounter in 3 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                7 point game at Cedar Falls. Ballentine with 8. You never know what a #10 ranking drapped around your neck will do.
                                Now 12.. UNI 8 of 14 from 3...
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X