No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Rick Barnes survive not making the tournament? Are they breaking out the speech they gave to Mack Brown?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      NCSU 45, #15 UNC 41

6:43 left
      That would be so sweet. How many of you would feel sad for Roy at the University of No Classes?
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        For every team that stumbles through their conference tournament, there will be 2 others that pick up multiple Top 50 wins.
        It may be an opportunity for those teams just like it is for us, but I still say anytime the top 10s lose and you are sitting at 11, it's a great thing.

This week is already going perfectly. Add UNC and likely Notre Dame to the group of teams right around us that are all faltering. Can't wait to see what's in store tomorrow night!

Comment

• #8 KU and #9 Notre Dame have lost already this week, and we have a crack at #10 on Saturday. America is the land of upward mobility.

Throw in a UNC home loss to their most hated opponent and a win for Alabama...I think this qualifies as a nice night.

Comment

• The Hurt question is moot.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              #8 KU and #9 Notre Dame have lost already this week, and we have a crack at #10 on Saturday. America is the land of upward mobility.

Throw in a UNC home loss to their most hated opponent and a win for Alabama...I think this qualifies as a nice night.
              Only if we take care of business tomorrow night against Indiana State. That is not exactly a foregone conclusion.

Comment

• Creighton, who led DePaul by 15 with 9 minutes left in the first half are now tied with 12 1/2 to go in the game.

Comment

• Tomorrow's GOI- plenty to watch.

St. Louis @ Duquesne, 6 PM
                  Detroit vs. Valpo, 6 PM on ESPN3
                  GW vs. St. Bonaventure, 6 PM
                  Illinois State vs. SIU, 7 PM on ESPN3
                  Missouri State vs. Bradley, 7 PM
                  Drake vs. Loyola, 7 PM
                  Tulsa vs. Tulane, 7 PM on ESPN News
                  #10 Northern Iowa vs. Evansville, 7 PM on ESPN3

#1 Kentucky @ Mississippi State, 6 PM on SEC Network
                  #2 Virginia @ Wake Forest, 6 PM on ESPN3
                  #4 Duke @ Virginia Tech, 8 PM on ESPN2
                  #12 Iowa State vs. #19 Baylor, 8 PM on ESPNU

Comment

• Chris Jans and his Bowling Green team bounce back with a 76-65 win over Jim Schaus' Ohio Bobcats.

Comment

• Jacob Albright. Please just shut up about KSU as a bubble team.

UNI fans are laughing at you.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Jacob Albright. Please just shut up about KSU as a bubble team.

I really like the guy, but yah, that was a major fail there.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          You aren't raining on my parade, you're raining on his. Even per possession is a **** stat in this case because it doesn't take into account the quality of the opponent. Getting crap stats in mop up minutes against teams that have already cashed it in is pretty uncomparable to quality minutes against solid competition no matter what stat system you use. Per 40 is crap but at least is apples to apples, unlike his stat. What's the ppg based on per possession for the two players out of curiosity?
                          Per-possession stats:
                          Wamukota - 1.072
                          Hurt .971

Offensive Rating adjusted for quality of opponent (KenPom):
                          Wamukota - 100.4
                          Hurt - 94.5

I feel like Wamukota's efficiency would decrease quite a bit if he played the same amount of minutes as Hurt did (2x Wamukota, roughly).
                          Last edited by Kel Varnsen; February 25, 2015, 10:51 AM. Reason: Decimals
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Jacob Albright. Please just shut up about KSU as a bubble team.

I think his name is Albracht. In his defense wasn't he saying KSU could be bubble team if they win out in conference play and win a couple of games in the Big 12 Tournament?

I thought the funniest thing was when he said he wasn't offended by the organized profane chants by the KSU students. Then Grandma called (not his I don't think) and he kind of backed off a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I think his name is Albracht. In his defense wasn't he saying KSU could be bubble team if they win out in conference play and win a couple of games in the Big 12 Tournament?

I thought the funniest thing was when he said he wasn't offended by the organized profane chants by the KSU students. Then Grandma called (not his I don't think) and he kind of backed off a little.
                              My apologies to him on his name.

I understand it was them winning out. But still.

This game should not really make one look twice at KSU, it should be a second look at KU and what is wrong with them. And in turn, maybe make people think if the big 12 is just soooo hard, or just hard on the road.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

My apologies to him on his name.

I understand it was them winning out. But still.

This game should not really make one look twice at KSU, it should be a second look at KU and what is wrong with them. And in turn, maybe make people think if the big 12 is just soooo hard, or just hard on the road.
                                Even after their win over KU, K-States RPI is at 91. Clearly outside of bubble territory. If the beat Iowa State, Texas on the road and win 2 games in the Big 12 tournament maybe they could get to the bubble. However, very hard to see that happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X