2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    You can get an MVC Championship banner as a #2 seed. Say we win tomorrow and lose at Indiana State then beat UNI. The Shocks and UNI would both get to hang MVC Regular Season Championship banners as co-champs (that is assuming UNI also wins its game against Evansville on Wednesday). However, one will be the #1 seed and one the #2 seed based on a tiebreaker.
    Calling yourself a co-champ is like kissing your sister.

Comment

• Chronically disappointing Alabama (RPI 69) has a big home game against slumping Georgia (RPI 45) on ESPN2 at 7 CST.

Our OOC opponents have royally sucked recently. Would be nice if one of them could light it up down the stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        You take what you can get, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Chronically disappointing Alabama (RPI 69) has a big home game against slumping Georgia (RPI 45) on ESPN2 at 7 CST.

Our OOC opponents have royally sucked recently. Would be nice if one of them could light it up down the stretch.
          I assume by 'light it up' you mean strike the match of their gasoline-drenched dumpster? Seton Hall has already shown the blueprint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Not really. #1 Seed gets the 8/9 winner, #2 seed gets the 7/10 winner. The #1 seed also gets to play the early games Friday and Saturday, theoretically giving them about 6 hours more rest than the #2 seed.
            I've always wondered why its not set up where the #1 gets the winner of a 9/10 game, and the #2 gets 7/8. In the interest of playing the worst opponent as a #1 seed, that would guarantee it so. In its current format, you could have your 1 facing a tougher matchup assuming 10 beats 7.

When it's just a play in round, I feel like you could make an adjustment like that and it's not really that big of a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              Yes, that's why you try to win an outright championship. You can call yourself anything you like but you are what your record says your are.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I've always wondered why its not set up where the #1 gets the winner of a 9/10 game, and the #2 gets 7/8. In the interest of playing the worst opponent as a #1 seed, that would guarantee it so. In its current format, you could have your 1 facing a tougher matchup assuming 10 beats 7.

When it's just a play in round, I feel like you could make an adjustment like that and it's not really that big of a deal.
                You would be penalizing the 7 seed by not getting to play the 10. You would be rewarding the 10 by not having to play the 7. It's only a play in game to everyone not playing in one.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  You would be penalizing the 7 seed by not getting to play the 10. You would be rewarding the 10 by not having to play the 7. It's only a play in game to everyone not playing in one.
                  Right. I get that, but why does the reward system in a play in round matter at all? I've always thought you should prioritize the #1 seed there if you're choosing between rewarding an actual 1 as opposed to a 7. It's a play in round. It's not a tournament yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Right. I get that, but why does the reward system in a play in round matter at all? I've always thought you should prioritize the #1 seed there if you're choosing between rewarding an actual 1 as opposed to a 7. It's a play in round. It's not a tournament yet.
                    I wouldn't sweat it, I'm pretty sure a play in team has never won their next game against the 1 or 2 seed. At least in St. Louis.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• George Washington 48 @ Richmond 56 :sour:

Comment

• There have been rumblings that Miami (OH) will pull the trigger on Coop at the end of the year. However, it looks like he finally has his guys turning the corner.

Redhawks win their second straight road game and third straight overall, beating Akron 57-52 in OT. Back to Miami for three straight at home now.

Coop only has one senior on the roster- if these guys are buying in like we saw towards the end of his second season at Tennessee State, look out next year. I am really pulling for him.

Comment

• lol after that delightful spotlight on flopping on this morning's Gameday, Georgia draws a charge on Alabama w/4.6 seconds left after a Bulldog player is the one who actually makes marginal contact with the chargee's (that's a word right) chest and sends him sprawling back like a land mine just went off steps from his face.

Overtime in Tuscaloosa.

Comment

• Alabama loses 66-65 in OT, pretty much what you'd expect.

Comment

• See ya Anthony.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                See ya Anthony.
                                At MoST :)

Comment

Working...
                                X