2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    With that said, where did you get the 19 stat? I think Hurt's per 40 is 13. Hurt's rebounds per 40 are below Bush's.

I think the numbers are more than "Not. Even. Close."

Thanks, I used last years per 40 by mistake. His line this year is 13. On a per 40 basis 13 and 19 (average of 16, but thats crap too) are worlds apart from 8. And per 40 sucks, no argument.. But at least its apples to apples.

Put it this way: If you are only getting mop up minutes against crap teams or teams that have already cashed it in and are only getting a per 40 of 8 .... well ... you aren't in the same stratosphere as Hurt. Period.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Thanks, I used last years per 40 by mistake. His line this year is 13. On a per 40 basis 13 and 19 (average of 16, but thats crap too) are worlds apart from 8. And per 40 sucks, no argument.. But at least its apples to apples.

Put it this way: If you are only getting mop up minutes against crap teams or teams that have already cashed it in and are only getting a per 40 of 8 .... well ... you aren't in the same stratosphere as Hurt. Period.
      So are you saying that our competition isn't as good as KSU's? Or did you mean that KSU is a crap team?

I would definitely disagree with you on #1, and probably would agree with #2.

Either way, Hurt is getting mop-up minutes for a crappy team. That does not give mim an advantage over Bush IMO.
      Last edited by shocka khan; February 24, 2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Good for Mark, felt like he was pretty close to getting shitcanned a year ago. I am glad he is enjoying success and will probably earn a deserved contract extension.

#14 Maryland beats #5 Wisconsin, 59-53.

Also of note...

#9 Notre Dame 22, Syracuse 27 at halftime in South Bend. Go Orange go.

#15 UNC 18, NC State 29 at halftime in Chapel Hill.

And Alabama beats South Carolina, 59-51.

Comment

• It's cool to see our game on Saturday advertised during every game on the ESPN family.

Comment

• Anytime you can unsettle the top 10 a little bit, I'm all for it. Wisconsin won't drop far and Maryland won't quite pass us but it definitely opens up the discussion for WSU to be as high as a 2-3 seed if we finish strong. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this week. KU and Wisconsin have already both lost and it's only Tuesday, my friends.

Comment

• Don't think we can catch Wisconsin. Maybe not even if they lose out, which they won't. I think there are a number of teams that we would be better off having just win out at this point, from a seeding perspective.

I think the 5 right in front of us are the only ones we could MAYBE pass before selection Sunday. UNI, Notre Dame, KU, Arizona, Nova. UNI and Notre Dame seem quite doable. KU is possible, but we all know how that tends to go. The other two are a stretch, unless they really lower their level of play the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Don't think we can catch Wisconsin. Maybe not even if they lose out, which they won't. I think there are a number of teams that we would be better off having just win out at this point, from a seeding perspective.

I think the 5 right in front of us are the only ones we could MAYBE pass before selection Sunday. UNI, Notre Dame, KU, Arizona, Nova. UNI and Notre Dame seem quite doable. KU is possible, but we all know how that tends to go. The other two are a stretch, unless they really lower their level of play the next couple of weeks.
                  They're not going to lose out, but it would be a travesty if 25-7 Wisconsin on a five game losing streak got seeded above a 30-3 Wichita State with two wins over UNI.

Interestingly, our NCSOS is nearly identical to theirs.

Comment

• I'm not so concerned about whether or not we pass a team like Wisconsin but any time these top 10s lose, it creates space in the voting and you never know what might happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      I'm not so concerned about whether or not we pass a team like Wisconsin but any time these top 10s lose, it creates space in the voting and you never know what might happen...
                      Right. I agree from a poll perspective. But at this point I'm more concerned with what teams resumes look like. Maryland's resume just got a nice polish put on it. Even if there isn't time for the poll mechanics to launch them ahead of us, the selection committee could certainly seed them above us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Right. I agree from a poll perspective. But at this point I'm more concerned with what teams resumes look like. Maryland's resume just got a nice polish put on it. Even if there isn't time for the poll mechanics to launch them ahead of us, the selection committee could certainly seed them above us.
                        I think it just mounts more and more pressure on our guys to win out. If we do, I think we will get a lot of love and we will get up into 6-10 territory if a bunch of these teams lose and we are the one eating up the votes that become a little unsettled. I really think WSU is the kind of team that will get rewarded if the right things happen. We have the opportunity to get some solid wins under our belt here and then sit for a week after St. Louis while all these other teams stumble through the conference tournaments. I am expecting a glorious couple weeks. We've gotta pull this off.

Comment

• Favorite son John Cooper's Redhawks just stormed back from a 19 point second half deficit to force OT against Kent State.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            I think it just mounts more and more pressure on our guys to win out. If we do, I think we will get a lot of love and we will get up into 6-10 territory if a bunch of these teams lose and we are the one eating up the votes that become a little unsettled. I really think WSU is the kind of team that will get rewarded if the right things happen. We have the opportunity to get some solid wins under our belt here and then sit for a week after St. Louis while all these other teams stumble through the conference tournaments. I am expecting a glorious couple weeks. We've gotta pull this off.
                            For every team that stumbles through their conference tournament, there will be 2 others that pick up multiple Top 50 wins.

Comment

• Coop's guys win 86-81 in OT. 4 straight for Miami (OH).

Comment

• NCSU 45, #15 UNC 41

6:43 left

Syracuse 44, #9 Notre Dame 37

7:59 left

Ranked teams are at home in both of the games above.

Comment

Working...
                                X