No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh. UCONN just beat SMU and put Tulsa back in first in the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Uh oh. UCONN just beat SMU and put Tulsa back in first in the AAC.
      So I guess UCONN joins Kansas State back in the at large consideration.....just lovely
      2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
      2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
      2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
      2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
      The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• I thought I would list out teams that look like they may be falling into seed-lines that our Shox would match up against in the first round. Obviously right now most people have us at a 4 seed. I will list all the 13, 12 and 11 seeds from the Bracket Matrix site.

13s: Valpo, Murray State, Harvard, Iona

12s: Davidson, Standford, Wofford, Stephen F. Austin

11s: Texas aTm, Texas, Temple, Oregon

Anybody specific who you would or wouldn't want to see out of that group? I don't think any of the 12 seeds look like good matchups. I especially wouldn't want Stephen F. Austin. I usually would say that I want a Power 5 school instead of a "mid-major" but I wouldn't particularly want Texas, although I don't think they will be an 11 seed anyway. I would take aTm or Temple. I wouldn't really want Oregon, either.

Also I wouldn't want Iona. That being said, I would take WSU's chances against any of those teams.

Comment

• Wouldn't want Hawwwwvawwwd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            I thought I would list out teams that look like they may be falling into seed-lines that our Shox would match up against in the first round. Obviously right now most people have us at a 4 seed. I will list all the 13, 12 and 11 seeds from the Bracket Matrix site.

Anybody specific who you would or wouldn't want to see out of that group? I don't think any of the 12 seeds look like good matchups. I especially wouldn't want Stephen F. Austin. I usually would say that I want a Power 5 school instead of a "mid-major" but I wouldn't particularly want Texas, although I don't think they will be an 11 seed anyway. I would take aTm or Temple. I wouldn't really want Oregon, either.

Also I wouldn't want Iona. That being said, I would take WSU's chances against any of those teams.
            I'd love to see Oregon. I think Gregg would not mind one bit to have another crack at Dana.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              I thought I would list out teams that look like they may be falling into seed-lines that our Shox would match up against in the first round. Obviously right now most people have us at a 4 seed. I will list all the 13, 12 and 11 seeds from the Bracket Matrix site.

I would hope that a 3 seed is as likely as a 6 at this point.

Oregon and aTm are likely 9 or 10 seeds. Stanford may have already screwed the pooch and they're last 2 regular season games are on the road including Arizona. However, win both and it's redemption.

At this time, BYU, Boise St, or Purdue might be in this range along with South Dakota St and UC Davis.

Comment

• I have a feeling there could be a plethora of upsets in this year's NCAA Tournament. Kentucky may be head and shoulders (literally) above everyone else but behind that there is a lot of parity.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• A lock for a #1 seed Virginia has 2 points and 9 TO 12 minutes into their game with Syracuse. Syracuse has 11 points.

This is the state of college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    A lock for a #1 seed Virginia has 2 points and 9 TO 12 minutes into their game with Syracuse. Syracuse has 11 points.

This is the state of college basketball.
                    Just out of curiosity, are you an NBA fan?

Comment

• Virginia plays amazing defense, but their ability to score is non-existent at times. I have a feeling they're going to run into a team in the tournament that gets hot, no matter who's guarding them, and Virginia just isn't going to be able to match it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, are you an NBA fan?
                        Not at all. Some people are a fan of Virginia's play and consider it art. I would rather watch paint dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          Not at all. Some people are a fan of Virginia's play and consider it art. I would rather watch paint dry.
                          Lol fair enough. I always think it's interesting that some people don't like the NBA because of the pace and scoring and then turn around and complain about the NCAA because of the pace and scoring.

Comment

• "Houston, we have a problem" in Austin. ESPNU
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Just let me know when it's okay for me to say the Big 12 is overrated. I'll wait :)

Comment

• Texas better pray this doesn't go to 2OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X