No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I tell everyone "lighten up, its only a message board" if I cite it properly in APA format?

New York City Forum. (n.d.). Retrieved December 18, 2014, from http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._New_York.html
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      I hate Creighton but honestly picking on them at this point is a little like a Yankees fan relentlessly shitting on the Cubs. Nobody gives a damn about them nationally and their pedestrian place in the hoops hierarchy is satisfaction aplenty.

Not being noticeable often stings worse than being able to think you're a thorn in big brother's paw.
      More like Yankees fans' attitude towards the Mets. And more like if the current state continued another decade.

That said, I like your post precisely because it does pick on Creighton!
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        I do not expect every post on Shockernet relating to Creighton will be rational. I never said I did.

I do not expect all drivers to drive courteously. However, if I see someone I know driving like a maniac, the next time I see him I'll probably tell him I think he should knock it off. My explanation of why he shouldn't drive like that would have nothing to do with whether or not I think the roads will ever be free of idiots.

kai, your post sets up a false choice. I do not have to expect perfection in any area in life in order to be justified in critiquing something.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I feel that I should be able to dog on Creighton all I want. I am not terribly concerned about how it makes me look or how logical it is. I believe in rivalries and I liked the one that used to be. I want it to still exist. Maybe that's where my real flaw is.

In the mean time, I can't say I don't enjoy watching them lose. It's still fun. Maybe I'm the only one left? It gives me a way to pretend a great rivalry still exists.

Hey, it would be a whole lot more logical and relevant if they had scheduled us in the non-con for a longstanding home and home series right after they left the MVC. I don't doubt that we were willing... Maybe that's why I like watching them suck.

Comment

• I feel you DJ. Just when we skyrocketed into the top-15 over the last two years we lost our natural rival. We really don't have a natural rival these days. UNI will be a good foil this season but something is missing.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
              I feel you DJ. Just when we skyrocketed into the top-15 over the last two years we lost our natural rival. We really don't have a natural rival these days. UNI will be a good foil this season but something is missing.
              Everyone in the MVC wants to be, or seems to consider, WSU as their rival. It's actually quite amusing.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                Everyone in the MVC wants to be, or seems to consider, WSU as their rival. It's actually quite amusing.
                Leading to some mildly irrational thoughts:

Comment

• I love reading Valley message boards. Every time WSU plays, they find 10 reasons WSU is overrated (including schedule-bashing) and is a paper tiger just waiting for their team to burn.

And then 2 threads later, they talk about needing their A-game against Tennessee-Martin and some DII team.

There just isn't a lot of logic involved. But I suppose that is what happens.

Comment

• Gotta love this gem "Get that game tape. Watch the zone. Our guys will smell blood in the water."

Last I checked, minnows don't eat sharks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      OH POOP!! You're no fun! :playful:
                      You're just now discovering that JH4P is no fun?
                      Rip VanShockTalk.

By the way, shox1989, as you think about Temple and the AAC don't forget that the Owls and Chickenhawks will be meeting soon in Philly. Sounds like one of those wonderful "quality losses" is coming for one of them.

Comment

• I should have just huffed some paint, instead of losing brain cells from reading Redbirdfan.net

That should be their site tagline. "More efficient than huffing paint since 2010."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          I do not expect every post on Shockernet relating to Creighton will be rational. I never said I did.

I do not expect all drivers to drive courteously. However, if I see someone I know driving like a maniac, the next time I see him I'll probably tell him I think he should knock it off. My explanation of why he shouldn't drive like that would have nothing to do with whether or not I think the roads will ever be free of idiots.
                          kai, your post sets up a false choice. I do not have to expect perfection in any area in life in order to be justified in critiquing something.
                          You mean like critiquing Kai's statement?
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• That fanbase loses touch with reality as each day passes. LOTS of jealousy going on there. Resembles a little brother who is pissed that his older brother got into Harvard and is doing well, while he barely made it into community college.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              Gotta love this gem "Get that game tape. Watch the zone. Our guys will smell blood in the water."

Last I checked, minnows don't eat sharks.

I know right? The comment itself (even if you think you'll kill WSU with a zone) doesn't make sense....what kind of scenario can you sit back in a zone and act like a shark....I don't believe the 2 go together, similar to ISU and any kind of meaningful success.

Comment

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X