No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No kidding, the Bares are getting boatraced coming out of halftime. 53-37 ouch

Comment

• 69-41. Good gravy.

Drake in trouble too.

Comment

• Not sure which Bears are worse tonight. MoSt or Chicago.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Drake is Kanaskie-era bad right now, and that's probably the last time an MVC team was this horrible. Coach Jack-o-lantern has his work cut out for him to drag that carcass up from the depths.

Comment

• Drake up 4 on 1-8 Jackson State.....they simply cannot be that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Drake up 4 on 1-8 Jackson State.....they simply cannot be that bad.
              They are and they will lose this game

Drake isn't playing to crack the top 200 or even 300 this season. They are trying to avoid ACTUAL LAST PLACE.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                Mo St helping keep your feet on the ground.
                Should we go remind the MoST board that it's possible to come back from a 20 point deficit even with only 5-10 minutes to go? or is there still a MoST message board at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Bahahahaha! Would that be the board with the countdown-to-the-bludgeoning clock?
                  Oh no, it is better than that. The countdown clock is on the main page of the MSU athletic department. And yes, it is still there.

Comment

• You're not going to believe this.

Drake WON... 76-66

They are back to trying to play their way out of the 300+ range rather than battling to avoid actual last place in all of ncaa d-1

Comment

• I hope we don't end up yearning for Mark Phelps.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        You're not going to believe this.

Drake WON... 76-66

They are back to trying to play their way out of the 300+ range rather than battling to avoid actual last place in all of ncaa d-1
                        Where's that 'shocked monkey' when you need him?
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          For ISU, Bobby Hunter is day to day with concussion symptoms, and worse, Devaughan Purcell-Akoon who has been outstanding so far, is out indefinitely with a fractured hand. Hate to see anyone hurt, but that last one is really going to sting.
                          No kidding -- how long has it taken Wessel to just now start regaining his long-range shooting touch after the broken finger? A fracture anywhere on the hand would have me concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Where's that 'shocked monkey' when you need him?
                            I'm just as shocked as you are.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                              I'm just as shocked as you are.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                Personally, I'm not worrying one bit about seeding. Where did a high seed get us last year?
                                They purposefully put us in a bracket designed to take us out. So be it. I'm just going to
                                focus on each and every game and enjoy them to the utmost. This is another special group
                                and I want to enjoy the entire schedule. If we only lose another game or run the table
                                I think we can expect another tough bracket. Bring it on.
                                I can appreciate the "I'm going to just enjoy each and every game angle". As a fan, what is the point of paying for entertainment if we aren't enjoying it?

You reference how the committee "purposefully" gave WSU an extra hard bracket last year. We could debate that, but what I'm really interested to know is if I'm understanding you correctly. Are you saying that WSU didn't gain anything by being a 1 seed last year over a 2 or 3? You say, "What did a high seed get us?" as if seeding doesn't really matter.

I would argue that even last year, with some difficult teams in the same region, getting the 16 seed in the first round is still a huge advantage over getting, let's say, a 14 seed that could very well beat you day 1 of the tourney. I know this example is going a bit further by looking at the 5/12 matchups, but remember how excited everyone was in 2012, and how much it sucked to lose in the first game to VCU? I will always argue that I want the Shox to get the best possible seed they can get. It is obviously not a guarantee of anything, but history has shown that a better seed clearly improves the odds of tournament success.

Comment

Working...
                                X