2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
    And that is why you foul when you're up by three...
    I am not sure what your referring to here but teams are fouling up 3 with too much time on the clock in many games I watch. They are then allowing losing as a possibility when you foul too soon. Seen it happen where a team is up 3 fouls with like 7 seconds left the other team makes both FT's to cut it to 1 then fouls the other team they only make 1 out of 2 and now all of a sudden a 3 beats you. You really should only foul up 3 when it is certain the other team will have to miss the 2nd FT.
    That said I love it every time a team fouls up 3 and ends up losing the game on some fluke rebound or because they end up missing a FT.

Early this year Purdue won when they were down 3 got fouled missed 2nd FT and tapped it out for a 3 to tie it (they would have won if they had made the 1st FT in regulation but they missed both FTs still tied it anyway) they won in OT as well.

You certainly should not foul with more than 5 seconds left up 3 then they make both FTs and then if you miss a FT they can now win it with a 3.
    2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
    2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
    2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
    2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
    The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
      I am not sure what your referring to here but teams are fouling up 3 with too much time on the clock in many games I watch. They are then allowing losing as a possibility when you foul too soon. Seen it happen where a team is up 3 fouls with like 7 seconds left the other team makes both FT's to cut it to 1 then fouls the other team they only make 1 out of 2 and now all of a sudden a 3 beats you. You really should only foul up 3 when it is certain the other team will have to miss the 2nd FT.
      That said I love it every time a team fouls up 3 and ends up losing the game on some fluke rebound or because they end up missing a FT.

Early this year Purdue won when they were down 3 got fouled missed 2nd FT and tapped it out for a 3 to tie it (they would have won if they had made the 1st FT in regulation but they missed both FTs still tied it anyway) they won in OT as well.

You certainly should not foul with more than 5 seconds left up 3 then they make both FTs and then if you miss a FT they can now win it with a 3.
      KSU fouled with something like 1.4 left. Definitely the correct call.

Comment

K-State fouled Oklahoma with 1.4 seconds left and the shooter continued down the court to hit a ridiculously long three that would have counted had he not been fouled.

Comment

I agree that fouling with too much time left is a bad idea. How much is too much is up for debate, but 5 seconds is probably a decent cutoff.

Under 5 seconds, I think fouling is a very wise strategy.

Comment

• Loyola, sans Doyle, winning at Bradley 30-20 in first half. Bradley's mid-season burst of good play must have burst.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Loyola up 6 with about 3 min to go.

Comment

• Loyola wins by 5. First time in their short history they have one two MVC games in a row.

Comment

• UNI up 12 on MSU 6 minutes in.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                    Tuttle on pace to score 80 himself against MSU
                    I've seen MSU play recently. If Jacobson let him play enough, he could probably get 50+. Would be kindof cool to see, if unnecessary.

Comment

• UNI's shhoting percentages are always impressive. 22-11, and they are 5/7from 3pt range...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• MSU basketball is in a sad, sad state. But, of course, we already knew that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          MSU basketball is in a sad, sad state. But, of course, we already knew that.
                          Yes, the state of Misery

Comment

• UNI up 29-11. 6/9 from 3. Five different players have hit a 3 already..
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              I've seen MSU play recently. If Jacobson let him play enough, he could probably get 50+. Would be kindof cool to see, if unnecessary.
                              I could see Ben letting Seth stay in longer than necessary just to pad his Larry Bird resume. I don't mean that as a criticism. Just a coach giving his player a little love.

Comment

• If there was ever a case in college basketball for the tragic, mid season firing, SMS, Bradley and SIU are all dangerously close. SMS isn't even a competitive team at this entire level. They are putting out D-2 level performances.

Comment

Working...
                                X