No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 didn't look that strong again today...

Comment

• Vanderbilt 76 @ Alabama 68

Not a great day for Shocker opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Vanderbilt 76 @ Alabama 68

Not a great day for Shocker opponents.
        This season is turning into the Anthony Grant farewell tour I'm afraid. Would we want him in the MVC? He has had success elsewhere and does exhibit class.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          This season is turning into the Anthony Grant farewell tour I'm afraid. Would we want him in the MVC? He has had success elsewhere and does exhibit class.
          YES. We'll probably have Mcdermott, Webber and Lowery again soon anyway. Let's get Grant and Jans, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            I would.

Even though he has had a few close wins (closer than they should have been), he's also had a number of close losses: @wsu: by 1, @ S Car by 2, @ Ark by 2 in OT, vs FL by 2, but this one today really hurts him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              YES. We'll probably have Mcdermott, Webber and Lowery again soon anyway. Let's get Grant and Jans, too.
              I'd take Grant over Wookie, Webber, Jank, and Lowery any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                I'd take Grant over Wookie, Webber, Jank, and Lowery any day.
                The better question is would you take Grant, Wookie, Webber, Lowery and Jank over Lusk, Moser, Ford, Simmons or Hinson.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of those other guys as well if it meant I was trading some of the folks we've got.

Also, I meant Chris Jans originally. But I had forgotten about Jank, so that was a good reminder and he definitely fits the re-tread bill. He'll probably find his way back someday.

Comment

• After this week, I'd say there are only 3 big 12 teams that even deserve to be ranked. I'm sorry but it's just time.

The loss to TCU by Okay State is what does it for me. Well that team just beat Baylor a few days ago. Meanwhile Okay U loses to K-State tonight. All these "ranked" big 12 teams have a ton of losses and a lot of questions around them. I'm just not buying it.

Comment

After this week, I'd say there are only 3 big 12 teams that even deserve to be ranked. I'm sorry but it's just time.

The loss to TCU by Okay State is what does it for me. Well that team just beat Baylor a few days ago. Meanwhile Okay U loses to K-State tonight. All these "ranked" big 12 teams have a ton of losses and a lot of questions around them. I'm just not buying it.
                    Well, the B12-2 did dominate the initial football playoff.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

The better question is would you take Grant, Wookie, Webber, Lowery and Jank over Lusk, Moser, Ford, Simmons or Hinson.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of those other guys as well if it meant I was trading some of the folks we've got.

Also, I meant Chris Jans originally. But I had forgotten about Jank, so that was a good reminder and he definitely fits the re-tread bill. He'll probably find his way back someday.
                      Wookie, Lowery, Jank, and, you left off, Muller are just like Lusk, Moser, Simmons, and apparently Ford. I'm probably just being hard on Webber, but I just don't care for him. I don't know about Hinson. Simmons and Moser are probably as good as it gets for their programs. If I was Jans, I wouldn't come back to the Valley unless it us, UNI, or maybe Bradley. The rest would be a lateral move or worse.

Comment

Speaking of Chris Jans, he won again today (on the road), is alone in 1st place in the MAC and their RPI has climbed to 51. Now THAT'S a job well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Wookie, Lowery, Jank, and, you left off, Muller are just like Lusk, Moser, Simmons, and apparently Ford. I'm probably just being hard on Webber, but I just don't care for him. I don't know about Hinson. Simmons and Moser are probably as good as it gets for their programs. If I was Jans, I wouldn't come back to the Valley unless it us, UNI, or maybe Bradley. The rest would be a lateral move or worse.
                          Bradley would be perfect. I'll take Grant at MoST (in that part of the country they might not even realize it isn't still Gonzo the day Grant walks in... Okay sorry for that comment...) and Jans at Bradley. That would halfway fix the conference right there. Give me Webber and Lowery all over again at SIU and McDermott at Loyola for the ultimate irony. Now we're back in business.

Who do I need to call to get good old Keno Davis back? Where can we stick him? Illinois St? Evansville?

EDIT: Found him. He's at Central Michigan... Leading the MAC along with Chris Jans. RPI of 100. Yes that's the same MAC that is a better league than the MVC overall this year.
                          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; February 14, 2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Speaking of Chris Jans, he won again today (on the road), is alone in 1st place in the MAC and their RPI has climbed to 51. Now THAT'S a job well done.
                            I'll admit, it's becoming evident that he is even better than I ever gave him credit for. He's going to have that team in the dance in his first season. That is nuts.

Comment

I'll admit, it's becoming evident that he is even better than I ever gave him credit for. He's going to have that team in the dance in his first season. That is nuts.
                              Well I won't go that far, he's still going to have to win the conference tourney to get in, but if he can win the league then the team gets like a triple bye to the semis making it a lot easier to win.

Comment

After this week, I'd say there are only 3 big 12 teams that even deserve to be ranked. I'm sorry but it's just time.

The Big 12 will get their 7 in again and pile up another years worth of NCAA underachievement based on their seeds they will get.

Maybe 1 will have the bracket break in their favor and they will get to the elite 8. But it won't be because they beat a higher seeded team. It will be the result of a previous round upset that benefits them.

And no one will speak of it.

Conversely, WSU and UNI will get bullshit draws, play great games and lose. And all will say how overrated we were and don't play anyone in the regular season.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X