Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California 61 @ #11 Utah 76

Comment

• In regards to the posts talking about about UNI going from 16-15 to this year with the same players. Someone mentioned that Jacobsen tried to focus more on Offense last year, which is true. But we also have to remember that the officials last year were instructed to call fouls on the defensive players who hand checked and impeded offensive moves harsher than previous years. Ben changed his team to deal with those changes. He changed back to his style, and refs are going away from calling games extremely tight like the beginning of last season. That has a big thing to do with it. UNI gets to play UNI basketball.

Here are some stats to support that. Their possessions are down from last year which compliments UNI's approach to tempo, their effective FG% is up and their opponents eFG% is down.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I thought that Jacobsen said that last year he thought he had the personnel to switch to a faster tempo offense. He found out that he was wrong, and switched back to his normal offense tempo this season and that is the reason they are doing better.

Edit Reply
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I really hope tonight is just a huge mayhem night.

Pitt is playing at Virginia
          Seton Hall goes to Villanova
          KU has to play on the road at West Virginia
          Butler is playing at RESURGENT Creighton (CU has won 3 games over the last month, and that is a massive resurgence for them).

Comment

• I can get on board with hoping for the first three of those to play out.

Comment

• I think the Shockers play great stifling defense, but I'm watching Virginia, and that's an amazing defensive effort....the Pitt guys have gotten ONE uncontested shot, if memory serves me...THAT would be a great defensive matchup....

Comment

• Sterling Gibbs took a cheap shot at a Villanova player.

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Sterling Gibbs took a cheap shot at a Villanova player.

https://vine.co/v/OxA13uaIjnb
                  WOW. He should be done for the year. Done. Transfer to d-2. That was so bad I can't even handle it. Loose elbows are one thing. This was evil looking. He'll never live that down.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    WOW. He should be done for the year. Done. Transfer to d-2. That was so bad I can't even handle it. Loose elbows are one thing. This was evil looking. He'll never live that down.
                    No matter how good he is/was, he just defined his legacy.

Comment

That seriously looked like an MMA shot.

Kermit Washington anyone?

Comment

Wow! Close to criminal battery I would say. The sad thing is that it came with about 5 minutes left in the game and Seton Hall down by 26 points. No doubt the Seton Hall players are terribly frustrated but that play certainly signaled that they have totally imploded (if it wasn't already obvious). It will be interesting to see how the Seton Hall coach handles this one. I would probably suspend Gibbs for the rest of the year and give him an opportunity to return next year (assuming no ohter history of violence) if he shows remorse and takes action to get his emotions under control.

Comment

• West Virginia off to a hot start at home. Up 10-2 on KU

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Wow! Close to criminal battery I would say. The sad thing is that it came with about 5 minutes left in the game and Seton Hall down by 26 points. No doubt the Seton Hall players are terribly frustrated but that play certainly signaled that they have totally imploded (if it wasn't already obvious). It will be interesting to see how the Seton Hall coach handles this one. I would probably suspend Gibbs for the rest of the year and give him an opportunity to return next year (assuming no ohter history of violence) if he shows remorse and takes action to get his emotions under control.

Wow. That is just unbelievable.

Comment

Absolutely sickening.

See ya Sterling.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Anyone wanna guess who was at the heart of it when players "nearly came to blows" within the Seton Hall team recently? I say get rid of Gibbs before the end of the week and go get Sina back fast before it's too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X