#6 WSU @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
    One thing about fouling -- which I fully agree with, by the way -- you do have to get the foul called. Calipari's Memphis team tried to foul Mario Chalmers, didn't get the call made, and the next thing you know they had lost a national championship before the NCAA even had time to vacate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Did we win?
      No we Wun!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "The most noteworthy thing about the comeback was the way Wichita State did it. Outside of one stretch where the Shockers forced too many 3-pointers, there was very little panic. VanVleet ran the show, Ron Baker did his thing, and Early continued to make plays. Wichita State still probably won't go unbeaten, but the Shockers are legit. They've got winners."

Comment

• Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
          I've seen this research, but I still like fouling because I feel like it places things in your control. You get the rebound, you win, whereas, 16% or not, the shot going in is out of your control. Sometimes the other team will get lucky. All the research tells you is that some teams can't get the rebound, or foul at the wrong time. I'd foul every time in that situation if I had WSU's team.
          And don't forget that Missouri State is the luckiest team in college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
            Hopefully, none of you listened to the "Bear Extra" postgame show. The guest commentator was obviously very drunk.
            Little too much of that moonshine, eh?
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• MO St beat writer thinks Shockers might be the best Valley team he has seen:

"Maybe the best Valley team I’ve seen in 24 seasons of covering the league. And not just because of obvious individual talent. It’s a tough-minded bunch. A team with any mental weakness at all would have waved the white towel down 19 with just 11 minutes and change to play."

http://blogs.news-leader.com/msu/201...s-to-shockers/
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Postgame coverage, interviews and locker room.

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
                  Keep in mind our "crazy lady". How we loved that lady who constantly leaned over the rail and screamed at the officials doing her best to lend her advise to the officials. She passed away some years ago, but we who remembered her loved what she brought to the Shocker excitement.
                  It is just the stupid stuff she was saying. Stupid as in ignorant of the game.

Comment

Hopefully, none of you listened to the "Bear Extra" postgame show. The guest commentator was obviously very drunk.
                    Hahaha that was one of the most bizarre radio shows I have ever heard. When I first came across it I figured he was some disgruntled fan calling into a post game show. When I found out he was basically the host I lost it. He certainly made some of the ride home a lot more enjoyable.

A summary for people who didn't hear it: imagine Coast to Coast AM (conspiracy show) about SWOMO except replace the host with a hammered guy with a really nasally voice screaming the entire time.

I REALLY hope there's a podcast of this somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                      What is the rule now? I was impressed at how still RB's feet were.
                      if you gather the ball while sliding/diving or starting your dive you can slide the entire length of the court without it being a travel(theoretically of course). You can however not roll over or move as your body is not a pivot point.

alot of legal slides happen but sometimes you see someone slide and while they are sliding roll/rotate and IIRC that is illegal.

in rons case the stillness of his feet were irrelevant after he landed on the ground.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Y'all can thank me, I got a severe case of the runs likely due to iHop the night before coupled with the fact I didn't eat anything all day so I left the game with around 10 mins left in the second half to take refuge at my buddies apartment.

c
                        Changed the mojo much like @ShockTalk:
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Nice win shocks, wish the outcome was different but that was a lot of fun till the final whistle. Good luck the rest of the year, don't see you all losing at this point.

Comment

OMG! - Pogo is commentating the Bears post game show?

This MS team has a nice future ahead, I think. I heard some grumbling from their fans in St. Louis last year about Lusk, but I thought he managed the game with intensity and was trying to keep his team focused even when they were up big and to the end. Not like the demeanor of Mr. Muller last Wednesday.

We all knew there would be a night when we would not be hitting on all cylinders, and this was one. There will probably be more, but it is games like this that make the difference in March wen a team does not have close game experience and has beaten most of their opponents handily. I think we saw some of that in the KU/SDSU game.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the growth and maturity in Chadrack's game from last season. A great accomplishment I think.

(I'll bet Jake Odum is already on the bus, waiting to come to Wichita. Two losses, each by one point this year and one big loss. The Shockers will prevail, but it should be a great game.)
                            Last edited by Rixtoy1; January 12, 2014, 06:15 AM.
                            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• From the Missouri State message board after the game . . .

"SURE GLAD WE DIDN'T MAKE AN OFFER TO CHADRACK LUFILE. NICE MOVE LUSK".
                              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Someone with a MVCfans account should set the record straight on the out of bounds call that was reversed. They somehow think it was off of Gulley, but it should not have been overturned since Gulley was "Fouled." That is creative.

Comment

Working...
                                X