#6 WSU @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    For your lack of faith and repentence - go sing "You don't want to go to war with the Shockers" 100 times and go eat some Memphis Nachos
    Anything but the Memphis Nachos.

Comment

• Best road game I have ever attended

Lololol Missouri state

Comment

• Did we win?

Comment

• Wow am I jealous of you great fans who made the road trip. Holy cow.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Did we win?
            Not in regulation :numbness:

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              Without looking at the boxscore
              HALF TIME - (18)
              16 MIN LEFT - (11)
              12 MIN LEFT - (16)
              08 MIN LEFT - (7)
              04 MIN LEFT - (5)
              END OF REG - 0
              END OF OT - +3
              we were down 19 at some point in the 2nd half. 12 minute maybe?
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Well, I was on a plan and lost internet coverage as the game went to overtime. By the time we reached the altitude where I could turn on wifi, it was 72-69 with 2 seconds left. What is the story on the charge/no charge call late in the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  The biggest gut up I have ever witness by the Shocks. Freaking amazing.
                  +1 A gut check of incredible proportions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    Well, I was on a plan and lost internet coverage as the game went to overtime. By the time we reached the altitude where I could turn on wifi, it was 72-69 with 2 seconds left. What is the story on the charge/no charge call late in the game?
                    60-64 MSU and Fred took it to the rim, collision, somehow the shot went in. And one. Could have been a charge.

Comment

• That was, without a doubt, one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

If you are a basketball team and you are down 19 with thirteen minutes left, you might as well pack it up. It's just not your night. Missouri State was having one of those games that they could tell their grandkids about. Just amazing shot after amazing shot. They couldn't replicate it in an empty gym.

But somehow, some way, the Shocks came back and punched MSU in the mouth. Once it went into overtime, I was about 90% sure we'd pull it out because MSU realized just how ****ing good we are.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Was that the biggest comeback in WSU history? I am just now tuning in to Kennedy.
                        MK radio say 6th best comeback.

Comment

• SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 11m
                          Epic comeback completed! Unbeaten No. 6 Wichita State trailed by 18 in the second half, rallies to beat Missouri State 72-69 in overtime.

That is so much sweeter than reading about a brutal loss...

Jimmy Dykes ‏@JimmyDykesLive 11m
                          I will take Fred Van Vleet and Ron Baker on my team every single night. 2 tough dudes

Jason King ‏@JasonKingBR 11m
                          Wow. Helluva comeback by Wichita State on the road. Shockers are the real deal. Not surprised at all, though.

Rob Dauster ‏@RobDauster 12m
                          Great win for the Shockers. Down 19 with 12 minutes left. Now, can we get an explanation for this, Ron Baker?: http://cjonline.com/sites/default/fi...o/12120075.jpg

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 14m
                          What a great win for Wichita State. Shockers going to get every Valley team's best shot. No easy path to undefeated season.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                            I just got back from the future!!! Don't worry we win this game!
                            Bump. Was called over an hour ago. Nice job
                            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                              According to the scoreboard in the arena, ESPN graphics and ESPN.com that should have been a one-and-one and not a two-shot foul for MSU. Someone needs to write a sternly worded letter to the Valley Office.
                              Just went back through the statcrew log, looks like it was correct, although live stats from MoSt, which feeds ESPN, etc., did not accurately have the displays correct. If you look at the video, the stat-bug said "Bonus" instead of "Bonus+"...

Long story short, book and officials were right, all electronic stats were wrong. I'll reserve the sternly worded letter for later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mustache View Post
                                MK radio say 6th best comeback.
                                I think he said in MVC history?

Comment

Working...
                                X