#6 WSU @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Can someone enlighten me on the "U" thang.
    Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
    ESPN wraps school logos into a "U" that is used on ESPNU and other ESPN channels. There are some other Valley schools that have "U"s, but we don't. There's a whole thread on it:
    http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...ighlight=ESPNU

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
      How many years is it going to take before people start to realize they changed the travelling rule when you dive on a loose ball?

"Things just move a little slower in Springfield."
      What is the rule now? I was impressed at how still RB's feet were.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
        I like the ROAD WARRIORS written on the whiteboard
        Added: This girl also likes the part of the picture where Ron Baker doesn't have his shirt on!

Comment

• Thoughts on the game... I thought we had a chance at half, but I gave up when they extended the lead to 19... Hell of a game. Very few teams have the wherewithal to see that game through to the W. It was not as if WSU started raining threes on the Bears... Just grinded all the way to the W.

Comment

• FVV = star of the Sportscenter coverage

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Did we use up our comeback quota or use up some of our close game quota? Hard to say.
              no. look for a nailbiter or two in koch arena also (and at least a couple of more on the road).

Comment

• Side note,

Look how Google labels the link the the MSU men's basketball page:

Attached Files
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Everyone was playing well during our run, but a special shout out to bench and Lufile. The bench was fun to watch right from the beginning of the run. Lufile looked very good to me. He was in at the time the run started, left when it was down to 8, came back in down 7, left down 1, back in down 1 during regulation.

Comment

• I wasn't able to watch the first half, or the first 10 minutes of the second half. I got home and turned the game on, we were down 15. Outscored them by 18 from that point on. You're welcome guys/gals.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      People have and the math says not to foul. It is extremely difficult to make a three when the other team knows you need it. The shooting percentages have a remarkable drop in the late game situations. Unfortunately, out of the hundreds of games a day there may be a dagger three once every few weeks(which gets a ton of media coverage) that causes people to overestimate how likely the shooting team is to score.

As stated in another post there is historical data that backs this up. See kenpom...
                      Link please?

Chances to make a 3...20%? 15%? I think that's low, but let's go with that.

Chance to make 1st FT? 75%? MAYBE? That's high, but let's go with that.

Have to miss the next one. I'll give in and say that's 100% (even though it's not) but you have to hit the rim too...I'll give you 95%.

THEN you have to get the rebound. I'll give you 40% and that's WAY too high.

Then you have to score. Again, I'll give you 40% and that's WAY too high.

All of those have to happen to equal a made 3 at 15% but it's less than 12% and that's using favorable numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                        I wasn't able to watch the first half, or the first 10 minutes of the second half. I got home and turned the game on, we were down 15. Outscored them by 18 from that point on. You're welcome guys/gals.
                        much appreciated.

who steps up next? chicagoshocker? proshox? another shocker?

Comment

• I think my favorite play of the game was FVV at scoring to make it 62-60 (before the and-1 freethrow)...this pic from the Eagle shows just how awesome it was!

Attached Files

Comment

• how was fred's line tonight?
                            did he finally have a turnover?

that little stinker :)

Comment

• Same picture that was on the cover of the Sports Illustrated CBB page earlier.

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Side note,

Look how Google labels the link the the MSU men's basketball page:

Comment

• SupBaker.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X