X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@WuDrWu: -- clear your inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      If he doesn't play today then I vote @WuDrWu: gets a lifetime ban on bumping old injury threads. That's some serious voodoo right there.
      How does he always seem to KNOW??!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        How does he always seem to KNOW??!
        That's why I say voodoo -- even when he doesn't know, he knows. Cue the Twilight Zone theme song.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This really really sucks.

However, I believe that we still have enough to beat Tennessee. Nick Wiggins starts and gets prepared to play some minutes. FVV, Cotton, Wiggins, Early, Lufile. That's a freaking great team with plenty of talent!

Also, FVV is gonna have to play about 36-37 minutes today. I think he is good for it. We have had a full week off, although they had to practice, which we all know could be harder than the games.

Shox get MTXE platinum certified today, bitches!
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Actually I'd be okay if Ron would like to rest up the rest of the season and join in, oh say, MVC tourney.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              @WuDrWu: -- clear your inbox.

@Downtown Shocker Brown:, cleared.

Comment

If it is an ankle, I hope they take their time bringing him back.

If you go too soon you risk a weak ankle for the entire year. I never thought we gave EO enough time to recover last year. Ankle injuries make you tentative and you really don't know when it will all come back together.

Comment

Don't you all see? This is a necessary evil in order of us to repeat back to back final 4 runs.

Now, if I can just figure out how my logic can work AND win today……

Well, I know, because we're awesome. And we have 3G.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

From the picture I saw last night it definitely (not positively) looks like an ankle sprain. However, most of his lower and upper ankle area is swollen purple. Ron really wants to play today, several people from Western KS traveled to see the game. I don't think this is a long-term injury.

Comment

As much as I'd like to see Baker in the game, if our margin of winning a game against a middle-of- the-pack SEC team is dependent on 1 player, then our ranking could be inflated. There are many top 15 teams who will have injuries to key players throughout the year, but will have top 15 quality depth to cover. I happen to believe we do, but the number of posters here who believe we're going to lose because Baker is out is interesting.

Comment

The Magic 8-Ball says he plays and the legend grows.

By the way, going back through this thread I don't see many posters predicting a loss. If the 8-ball is wrong it just makes winning a little more difficult.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

The basketball gods just want to show the nation our Shockers can still Play Angry and win with or without an injured player. Rest up Ron.

Comment

“@Shockerv:oice: Ron Baker's availability for today's game will be a game time decision."

Comment

If his lower/upper ankle are "swollen purple" that is NOT a good sign. Five minutes after a bad ankle sprain playing basketball
                              I had a doctor tell me I had better wish it was broken for a quicker/stronger healing.......HIS words not mine. As it turned out
                              though he was right. I certainly hope it is not a serious sprain but don't like the sound of "swollen purple". Hope he rests it
                              today and 3-4 weeks if necessary. Rather have him at the end like last year !

Comment

Who said his ankle was/is swollen purple?

Comment

Working...
                                X