No announcement yet.

Ron Baker likely out for Tenn game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha I don't know, want me to text her and ask her?
    #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

So Ron is improving, cuz we went from him being out for a while due to a stress fracture, to a sprained ankle and having a 30% of playing, to having a 50% chance of playing, by game time he should be 100% and ready to go. GO SHOX!!!
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

When you have cable, one of your favorite players sprains his ankle. When one of your favorite players sprains his ankle you get ANGRY. When you get ANGRY, you scream and yell for your Shockers like your hair is on fire. When you scream and yell for your Shockers like your hair is on fire, it inspires your Shockers to get ANGRY. When your Shockers get ANGRY they play like world beaters. When your Shockers play like world beaters ....... THEY WIN!!! Don't get cable.

EDIT: And when you don't proofread for consistency you fail, don't FAIL! I'll be signing up for cable I guess
        Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; December 14, 2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I hope Ron plays, but if he has a serious sprain Gregg will look at the long-term picture, as he should. If it was a mild sprain we'll probably see him today.

Either way let's get a W.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
            When you have cable, one of your favorite players sprains his ankle. When one of your favorite players sprains his ankle you get ANGRY. When you get ANGRY, you scream and yell for your Shockers like your hair is on fire. When you scream and yell for your Shockers like your hair is on fire, it inspires your Shockers to get ANGRY. When your Shockers get ANGRY they play like world beaters. When your Shockers play like world beaters ....... THEY WIN!!! Don't get cable.
            Wouldn't we want to get cable, if it eventually helps the Shockers win?
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

It seems like it was an ankle sprain that Tony Martin was nursing before the 'Battle Of New Orleans' Victory agains KU many moons ago. Then he did indeed play and who won? Muhahahahaha!!!! I hope Ron plays today some, but not at the expense of further damage to his ankle. If he don't play, the other Shocks by Committee can all use Ron's line at the Big Dance last Season. "Hey Coach--I "we" got this!!!" With or without Baker today, this is not our first rodeo with injury issues. 3G does great work filling in the gaps and our defense today will step up like a covey of starved piranhas' at low tide.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Can't get that with Satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                  Lol - very nicely done!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                    Wait, what? Hmmm, should've taken a philosophy class back in the day I guess.

Comment

• early needs to get on fire.

Comment

• Suellentrop said it was the left ankle. Which foot had the stress fracture last year?

Comment

• @PaulS:uellentrop: Ron Baker is stretching. More updates to follow. If I had to guess, I will say he plays. He doesn't strike me as the kind of athlete who
                          @PaulS:uellentrop: will suit up and then not play. But that's not based on anything other than a hunch.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• nm

Comment

• See him in the shoot around now. Looks fine and I don't see any extra taping on his ankle. Not to say that tells the whole story of how much pain he's playing with. Hopefully it's a good sign

Comment

• Watching Baker warm up right now. You can tell he's favoring his left ankle, but he was doing dribble drive pull up jump shots and moving fairly aggressively.

Comment

Working...
                                X