Ron Baker likely out for Tenn game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Do you think there is a chance it could get pulled if it is a serious, longterm issue?
    Redshirt stays...it's 1 game.

Comment

Ask if we will win tomorrow- answer outlook good
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Wow this is terrible news. It very well good be the difference between winning and losing the game(s). I wish the Alabama game were a week away. I have a bad feeling that Ron could miss both games and the Shocks could suffer 2 straight losses against the only BCS teams they will face all year. Going 0-2 against the only 2 BCS teams played all year would give the pundits lots of ammo to dismiss the Shocks as not being legit.

Comment

Good news is it sounds like a sprained ankle not a stress fracture. We panicked last year when the injuries hit all at once.
          In Tekele we trust!
          Phi Alpha

Comment

Unf***ingbelievable.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I really feel bad for Ron as this was a game he could once again show off his skills to a national audience against a decent sec team.

Guys better be extra motivated and play at a high level, a la the Southern Miss ending last year.

I guess we tend to play better when our backs are up against the wall?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Damn you Sports Illustrated...

Comment

If Baker can't go, I expect the rest of the team will play their first game at the level they can play the game.

This team has needed some adversity. They've been cruising too easy. If there's a missing piece, maybe they will rally around the team in the first half and not rely on a strong secone half. It's obvious what Bker means to this team. Look at the difference between Valley play nd NCA play.

That difference is not going to be lost on the players, and I think they will rally their talent to win one for Ron, but it's going to be a lot harder to win without him.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

#WinForRon
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am much relieved from when I first read this thread an hour ago and had the sinking feeling that Ron was done for the year. The fact that Jenn Bates was told there was a 30% chance Ron plays is encouraging to think that this is probably not as serious an injury as first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        #WinForRon
                        #ShockerNation
                        #BringTheNoise

Comment

I'm wondering what the starting lineup will be and I think there are two possibilities. I think either Carter starts at the four and Cle moves over to the 3 or we have an even swap of Wiggins for Baker.

Comment

Yes, Evan and Nick need to step up but so does Cle who, IMHO, has not yet lived up to his pre-season billing. Hopefully, Nick will have some confidence at IBA since he played one of his better games last year downtown.

Best wishes to Ron for a speedy recovery.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                              Jenn Bates was told it was a sprained ankle. Not sure which foot. 70/30 he doesn't play tomorrow, she says.
                              I love that there's a chance, especially considering last night I had the same feeling @The Cat: had. Tomorrow pre-game let the ESPN guys know Baker is in too much pain, no way that he plays. He comes off the bench and drains a 3. The Baker legend grows even bigger.

Comment

If he doesn't play today then I vote @WuDrWu: gets a lifetime ban on bumping old injury threads. That's some serious voodoo right there.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X