Ron Baker likely out for Tenn game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Baker likely out for Tenn game

e: The rumors are true - Ron is likely out. See the thread for more info.

Let me start by saying that what I'm going to post should not be trusted. I'm just trying to figure out if my father in law is trolling me.

Tonight he was in Johnstons. He got there right after Lynn. Lynn told the staff at Johnston's that Ron is out for Saturday due to a massively swollen foot -- possibly a fracture.

Again, look at how deep this rumor is -- it is worse than The Ferris Buhler rumor. Idiot on the Internet (me) -> father in law -> staff at Johnstons -> wife of coach

But I'm still curious if anyone else has heard this. I guess we will all know tomorrow if I'm a competent gullable idiot or if I scooped the biggest shocker story of the year. Biggest and worst.

PS - just the thought of this probably not true rumor gives me an upset stomach. Ron is so valuable. No Ron would mean FVV plays the full 40. That is just where the ripples begin.
    Last edited by Rosewood; December 13, 2013, 11:50 PM.

Welp.

Comment

Crap. I've heard something similar. I didn't post it because it was third hand information but the person I heard it from usually knows what he's talking about.

Comment

I also heard this about 3 hours ago but did not want to post until I found some sort of confirmation. Still could be a rumor but definitely not something we want to hear.
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

If true: Noooooooo!!!

This team at this point is ahead of last year in all but two areas: a solid, consistent 5 and great depth (like withstand 3 injuries depth). Losing Ron for any length of time is sweeping the leg on the second relative weakness.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

If true, Tekele will have to take some PG minutes. Paging Nick and Evan: time for you contribute more offensively.

Comment

Unfortunately accurate, to some degree.

Hang your head, or step up.

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it.

Comment

Before someone thinks there are three separate confirmations of this. My source and @RussDaBus: source are the same person.

Comment

It sucks how many injuries we seem to sustain outside of games. Those practices must be rough.

Comment

If wudrwu heard it then I believe the source.
                    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Basically leaves us 8 deep, 9 if you count Derail.

Comment

If memory serves me it was a stress fracture in his left foot last year.

Comment

no no no no no no no no no no no no no please don't be true please please please don't be true
                          #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                            It sucks how many injuries we seem to sustain outside of games. Those practices must be rough.
                            They are brutal, and that's one reason the kids are so prepared for games. But, you can see the way Ron plays, it's all out all the time, and he goes down a lot. In one practice I thought he was done for the year this last October. I don't think it would be a huge surprise that he would get roughed up sometime, again.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                              Basically leaves us 8 deep, 9 if you count Derail.
                              You can count him if you like, but I'll stick with 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X