X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      You can count him if you like, but I'll stick with 8.
      Ya, I'm definitely thinking 8. Good thing we are coming off a week off. Guys will be rested for some plus minutes.

Comment

Well hell, I hope it's not an omen of things to come, especially if someone breaks their thumb in the next few practices. Just to be safe, I'm wearing my lucky socks until further notice and carrying my lucky rabbit's foot!
        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Do we burn a redshirt?
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If the injury is similar to last year, do they consider pulling Holland's redshirt?

EDIT: After reading Jenn Bates tweet, doesn't look like this would be necessary.

Comment

Jenn Bates ‏@KWCHJenn 1m
              Ron Baker probably will NOT play vs Tennessee. If he does, he won't be close to 100%. Sprained ankle. ... http://tmi.me/1cZaBa

Comment

Wtf
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Ouch....that's gonna hurt our chances a bit. Hope the big crowd brings the noise tomorrow to get our Shocks pumped!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

A sprained ankle is better than the alternative though if that's correct....

Comment

Let me say this:

A couple of years ago I was told point blank by someone that damned well knew what was going on that Toure Murry was OUT of the game against MSU (I think, I could have the opponent wrong). Not doubtful, OUT.

Toure' started and played and looked 100% to me.

I'm not claiming Ron is going to play. Just sayin'.....

Comment

If it is a sprain then I am not too worried. Been through several severe Grade III sprains in high school and the longest I was out was around 4 weeks.

I'd take a sprain over a fracture.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          Ouch....that's gonna hurt our chances a bit. Hope the big crowd brings the noise tomorrow to get our Shocks pumped!!!
                          Last year when we played a solid Southern Miss team at IBA, we were missing 4 players. I know people love to hate on IBA, but the atmosphere was pretty amazing and really got going once the team started their comeback in the second half. I expect a lot of noise as well this year.

Comment

Ya let's hope its just a sprain
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Think of it this way... When we win, it will look that much better if he plays hurt or not at all!
                              Be opptimistic folks!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Let me say this:

A couple of years ago I was told point blank by someone that damned well knew what was going on that Toure Murry was OUT of the game against MSU (I think, I could have the opponent wrong). Not doubtful, OUT.

Toure' started and played and looked 100% to me.

I'm not claiming Ron is going to play. Just sayin'.....

To echo Doc's point, and man of you know this, it is amazing how much the adrenaline of a gameday can do for pain. I had a pretty good hip pointer my senior year of BBall and I didn't practice for a week leading up to the next game (thankfully we had a bye week) and then on game day shootaround in the morning I thought there was no way I would be able to play. However, as gametime approached the adrenaline and the desire to play kicked in and I was able to overcome the pain.

Different injuries, hip pointers mainly dealing with pain and ankles with actual movement and holding a bone in place...but still.

Comment

Working...
                                X