No announcement yet.

Ron Baker likely out for Tenn game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprained my ankle many times. Iced it. wrapped it and light weighs, had no problems. Never saw a Doc, there again I used to set my own fingers when I broke them
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

from shocks02

Comment

Marshall won't pull the redshirt for just one game, but if it looks like Baker is out for an extended period, we could see Holland today.

Comment

Guys. If he's a game time decision for TODAY'S game(one day after spraining the ankle), let's all just assume that it's your normal, every day sprain and nothing serious.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
            Guys. If he's a game time decision for TODAY'S game(one day after spraining the ankle), let's all just assume that it's your normal, every day sprain and nothing serious.
            Or the staff is being incredibly optimistic or they wanna keep Tennessee's scouting on their toes.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ron has taken a beating in games from the elbow to the face in the tourney last year to elbowed by byu this year. He always bounces back! My heart wants him to play and score 30 so his Legend continues to build......

Comment

No kidding. I'm surprised he doesn't have a sprained head at this point

Comment

Anyone think we might see a little more of Simon? Like Ron a football player. Does he have point guard skills?

Comment

I would imagine everyone just shifts down. Wiggins would become the backup 2, TKO becomes the backup 1, wiggins/Wessel/green get most of the minutes at 3 unless Cle plays there a lot.

Heck I don't know. I like JR Simon though. I'm not very smart but he looks to me like he has good handles and even decent poise for a walk on PG. Some years, the cleanup crew guys will come in and look rushed and confused but he seems to break presses and handle the offense pretty well. He might actually wind up being a really good player.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Anyone think we might see a little more of Simon? Like Ron a football player. Does he have point guard skills?
                      Yeah dude he's probably going to start and play 34 minutes.

Comment

I would love to see Simon get some minutes. Based on what we've seen of him so far, I think that he could actually be a contributor.

Comment

I would love to see Simon get some minutes in one of the two circumstances I can imagine him getting them:
                          We are up by 20+ with a few minutes to play.

The other circumstance I imagine seeing him is this: 2 of Tekele, Nick, and Fred being in bad foul trouble.

No knock on Simon as a freshman walk-on but I don't think he is ready to run the offense beyond mop-up minutes.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

[QUOTE=MadaboutWu;435697]I would love to see Simon get some minutes in one of the two circumstances I can imagine him getting them:
                            We are up by 20+ with a few minutes to play.

The other circumstance I imagine seeing him is this: 2 of Tekele, Nick, and Fred being in bad foul trouble.

No knock on Simon as a freshman walk-on but I don't think he is ready to run the offense beyond mop-up minutes.[/QUOTE

Would not surprise me to see him in about three, 30-second spots.]

Comment

Maggie Marshall, HCGM's daughter just tweeted me and told me he is 50/50
                              #ShockerNation #GoShox #GoShockers Follow me on twitter @ColinMatthew21

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerbasketball21 View Post
                                Maggie Marshall, HCGM's daughter just tweeted me and told me he is 50/50
                                Does Maggie have any elegibility, and can she play at the point?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X