Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    http://m.kansas.com/?cu=spreed%3A%2F2035591%2F28472956

“Out of all the teams in college basketball, they are the one team that we really don’t want to win the tournament,” said Jeff Stoneback, race and sports book manager at the Mirage. “We would be a large loser if Wichita State won.”
    There was a similar article by Erik Matuszewski in Bloomberg a few days earlier than this one. Not sure if it had been posted here or not, but a link to it is here

Comment

• Here's one from the KSU student paper you'll get a good laugh out of:

Despite being undefeated, Wichita State is overrated

There are too many gems of ignorance to choose from (and by all means, quote your favorites), but I found this funny:

Unfortunately, the hype and uneducated panel will likely elect the Shockers one of the top seeds. While this isn’t ideal, it will at least provide the Shockers with a No. 1 vs. No. 16 matchup, which will be one of the tougher opponents Wichita State will have played all year.
      At least now we know how KSU is going to make it into the tournament, being selected by an uneducated panel.

Comment

• There's a column to balance out the ignorant one.

Shockers worthy of #1 tournament seed

I hope this was an exercise where faculty gave two students an assignment to defend opposite positions and the author of the overrated column lost the coin flip.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Here's one from the KSU student paper you'll get a good laugh out of:

There are too many gems of ignorance to choose from (and by all means, quote your favorites), but I found this funny:

At least now we know how KSU is going to make it into the tournament, being selected by an uneducated panel.
          Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

I cant even...

Comment

What a Anal wart this clown is.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              Well, he is a junior in biology.

Comment

• The gottlieb school of sports journalism for people who can't sports too good

Comment

Well, he is a junior in biology.
                  My favorite part is the epiphany about how we won't be able to live and die by the 3 point ball in the tourney, inferring we win games now based on our 3 point percentage.

This dude obviously did ZERO quantitative research about our team if he thinks that part of our game is a cornerstone.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    My favorite part is the epiphany about how we won't be able to live and die by the 3 point ball in the tourney, inferring we win games now based on our 3 point percentage.

This dude obviously did ZERO quantitative research about our team if he thinks that part of our game is a cornerstone.
                    Yet another idiot trying to dismiss the team without solid facts. He obviously hasn't ever even seen Wichita State play. What a sorry excuse for journalism.

Comment

• He can't even name 110 D1 teams and he somehow thinks that he knows enough to have an opinion. Hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        I think you created a new moniker for less-than-intelligent folks, "anal wart clown"

Comment

My favorite part of the article is that the author David Embers is a junior in biology. How about staying in your lane Dave.
                          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Maybe he's auditioning for a job with The Onion?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bMBd4OmUA&feature=relmfu

Comment

• Does this moron realize that the same jackwads who are dissing WSU's schedule and claiming the Shockers don't deserve a #1 seed are the same people who said that K-State football team wasn't sexy enough to play in the BCS title game two seasons ago (although the Baylor loss took care of that)? I remember a writer in Miami who wrote an article in the middle of the season that because Bill Snyder was boring and gives boring interviews, he was praying for anyone other than K-State. Not because the Cats weren't good enough or any breakdown of talent....because the Cats weren't a sexy team like Oregon, Notre Dame, Alabama, or someone like that.

Like Royal said, I really hope this was a point/counter-point assignment and that the guy had to come up with major stretches to make a counter-point.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X