Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it is a point-counter point:

Comment

• Shooting 3-pointers looks great during the regular season, but it doesn’t win championships. People never remember what you did before March.
      Facts:
      Code:
      Type	     Points  %
      2 Pointers   1120    47.9
      3 Pointers   618     26.5
      Free Throws  598     25.6
      Total        2336    100
      If anything, getting to the free throw line was a strength of this team.

Comment

• Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• @JayBilas: Top teams that are most fun for me to watch? Wichita State, Michigan, VCU, Florida, SMU, Duke, Arizona, and Kansas, to name a few.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• @jeffborzello: Is there any chance Wichita State falls in the MVC tournament? Here's our latest edition of the Wichita Watch: http://cbsprt.co/1gab6r5

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Great news! Early was just a freshman last year and we have a new player, Takeelee Cotton!
              "Expert" is a relative term in this case. It looks like they just went down to a street corner and hired the first tall, good looking guy they could find.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Even if that was the case, the counterpoint sucked. F-minus material if he gets a grade.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Ken Pomeroy released his MVC log5 today.

Originally posted by KenPom
                  I’m using my ratings and Bill James’ log5 formula to estimate the chances of each participating team advancing to a particular round of its conference tournament.
                  Not surprisingly, the Shockers are the favorites to win it this year.
                  Last edited by TxShox; March 5, 2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    @JayBilas: Top teams that are most fun for me to watch? Wichita State, Michigan, VCU, Florida, SMU, Duke, Arizona, and Kansas, to name a few.
                    I have no idea why anyone that has watched us play would consider us worse to watch than a "talented" team like Kentucky. I've watched a lot of D1 ball this year that was frankly hard to watch. Bad shots, no offensive flow, and poor decision-making up and down both rosters. Give me a team that plays hard defense, sacrifices their bodies for loose balls, makes quick passes, and still dunks the ball 3-5 times a game every day of the week.

Sometimes I tune into KU games (as an example), and see TO after bad shot after TO from their guards and just get frustrated. It is fun to watch Embiid and Ellis down low, but they are incredibly inconsistent on the perimeter. Arizona is similar, but the frustrating thing isn't sloppiness or decision making but pure bad shooting; Aaron Gordon is one of the worst shooting SFs in recent memory (sub-Shaq FT numbers). Duke is frustrating because they make a lot of bad defensive mistakes and only seem to have to players on offense, but they are still fun to watch on that end. Whenever I've seen Florida though I've been majorly impressed at both ends, though like Arizona they are bad from the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      There's a column to balance out the ignorant one.

Shockers worthy of #1 tournament seed

I hope this was an exercise where faculty gave two students an assignment to defend opposite positions and the author of the overrated column lost the coin flip.
                      This is the most plausible explanation of why there are two stories about the exact same subject. We had a class that had a similar assignment. Our subject was the ABM system (Anti Ballistic Missile) and you had to choose whether to build and implement such a system or not and then defend your position. This execise looks similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
                        Ken Pomeroy released his MVC log5 today.

Not surprisingly, the Shockers are the favorites to win it this year.
                        At 78%, the Shockers are currently the most likely champion of any conference tournament, even over Green Bay in the Horizon League (which hosts the tournament at the #1 seed). No other team has even a 10% chance of winning the title, in large part due to the relative homogeneity of the Valley from #2 to #10.

Comment

• Nice article from Philly: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...inal_Four.html

Comment

• Even Bloomberg is getting in on the media love fest: http://www.bloombergview.com/article...ated-underdogs

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              This is the most plausible explanation of why there are two stories about the exact same subject. We had a class that had a similar assignment. Our subject was the ABM system (Anti Ballistic Missile) and you had to choose whether to build and implement such a system or not and then defend your position. This execise looks similar.
                              Still one should rely on facts, opinions of experts and sound judgement. Resorting to hyperbole and misinformation is a poor strategy.

Comment

• @JasonKingBR: In this week's King's Court: My "Coaches All-American team" - Who has done the best job on the sideline this season? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2013-14-season

HCGM = First Team

Comment

Working...
                                X