Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    ESPN has come up with one of the most worthless stats to describe the Shockers. We have 0 wins over teams ranked at the time (St Louis wasn't ranked at the time we played them). Huh? So are they trying to tell me that the Win over St Louis is less than Indy State's win over Notre Dame? ND was #21 during ISUb 3rd game of the year. Or is WSU's win less than the ISUr's win over than ranked #25 Dayton.

Lets see:
    St Louis #1 in the A10 Ranked top 25, top 25 in RPI.
    Dayton #6 in the A10, not ranked and #41 in RPI
    ND 13th in ACC, not ranked and #118 in the RPI.

Anybody think ND would have been a better win is an idiot.

Right now CBS >>>>>>>>>>> ESPN.
    There is a very simple counter to this argument. Anyone making this argument is saying that the only thing that determines a team's worth is the Top 25. WSU is currently #2 in the Top25, so clearly they are the the 2nd best team in the country and a #1 seed. People do not like it when you use their own terrible logic against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      There is a very simple counter to this argument. Anyone making this argument is saying that the only thing that determines a team's worth is the Top 25. WSU is currently #2 in the Top25, so clearly they are the the 2nd best team in the country and a #1 seed. People do not like it when you use their own terrible logic against them.
      Word.

Comment

• How many would we get on this team?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• This podcast with the CBS guys (Parrish, Norlander and another who's name escapes me) is worth a listen. Long discussion (the first half of the podcast) on the Shocks.

Comment

• Tony Kornheiser is a goofball and has gone off the deepend.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              This podcast with the CBS guys (Parrish, Norlander and another who's name escapes me) is worth a listen. Long discussion (the first half of the podcast) on the Shocks.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...regular-season
              As always seems to happen when I post in a long thread, I get the last one on the page, so I'm bumping this to the next page.

Comment

As always seems to happen when I post in a long thread, I get the last one on the page, so I'm bumping this to the next page.
                Rookie.... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Tony Kornheiser is a goofball and has gone off the deepend.
                  I had no idea what you were referring to until I saw a tweet about it. 37-1 (Elite 8) would be a failure of a season? Wow.

I will forever refer to him as Kornholio. There will be no TP for his bung hole, and he joins Gottlieb in the Hall of Stupid.

Comment

I had no idea what you were referring to until I saw a tweet about it. 37-1 (Elite 8) would be a failure of a season? Wow.

I will forever refer to him as Kornholio. There will be no TP for his bung hole, and he joins Gottlieb in the Hall of Stupid.
                    Everyone else in the world can call that season a failure all they want. I'll buy the T-Shirt and show up at the airport to welcome the team home.

Comment

• He needs to take a look at how many 1 and 2 seeds make the elite 8. There are 4 one seeds and 4 two seeds. The only way you will ever see all the 1 and 2 seeds in the elite 8 is on Dick Vitale's bracket.....
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                        And you don't even mention that ShockerNet is referenced DIRECTLY?! For shame!!

My goodness, he gets it. An actual national media member is telling the story. I'm ... I'm verklempt....
                        I remembered that after I hit "Post Quick Reply!" Shame indeed. So to that, John, you out there? You're "famous."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                          This is a pretty good read about the non-rivalry between WSU-KU. I really liked this gem:
                          "The Shockers are a bullying team in the best way. They play with venom, as if they’re disgusted their opponents would dare show up to compete with them. Fred VanVleet controls possessions like a one-man version of FC Barcelona transferred onto a basketball court. Cotton crouches into a defensive stance and proceeds to humiliate whomever he guards. Ron Baker muscles past defenders who are too small and shoots over defenders who are too slow. Cleanthony Early is all things to all people, spending 40 minutes morphing into and out of every conceivable role."

http://grantland.com/features/kansas...12-basketball/
                          I didn't think I would be interested in an article about the tired old subject of KU not playing WSU, but this is one of the best reads of the year. I believe Mr. Railsback's analogy comparing WSU to Palestinians is at the very least, unfortunate. Regardless, this is a well written enjoyable piece. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by H8KU View Post
                            I didn't think I would be interested in an article about the tired old subject of KU not playing WSU, but this is one of the best reads of the year. I believe Mr. Railsback's analogy comparing WSU to Palestinians is at the very least, unfortunate. Regardless, this is a well written enjoyable piece. Thanks for sharing.
                            If anyone were ever to take some of my posts here seriously ... good lord.

I was surprised to see someone took the time to find an excerpt from Craig Miner's books. That isn't very common.

Comment

• This just in...

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                                That was .......excellent.
                                Professional gas passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X