Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GARY PARRISH picks us to win and cover the spread
    DOUG GOTTLIEB picks Indy State straight up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Does anyone remember a Morris Reed? I remember Melvin Reed, a smallish 6'5" center who played with Warren Armstrong.
      Morris or Mo hailed from the KC area. He was a guard and played on the Freshman team probably in 1970. He only played the one year I believe because he was a pledge brother of mine. Pam who later became his wife was a Freshman cheerleader. We had another guy who ran track at WSU and I believe was the intermediate hurdle champion a couple of years. His name was Rick Henson or as we called him "Skinny". Both played guards in intramurals and neither one would pass to the other because they knew they would never see the ball again. Pam was the daughter of MR D who had a chain of IGA stores in Wichita back in the day. After they graduated they moved back to the KC area. Later I think Mo worked for his father in law in radio of which he owned several including keyn. Their son Jeff was a soccer player at unc and was drafted to kick for the Steelers. Signman should remember both of them because he used to have to play against them since he was in a different fraternity. Right JP?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Morris or Mo hailed from the KC area. He was a guard and played on the Freshman team probably in 1970. He only played the one year I believe because he was a pledge brother of mine. Pam who later became his wife was a Freshman cheerleader. We had another guy who ran track at WSU and I believe was the intermediate hurdle champion a couple of years. His name was Rick Henson or as we called him "Skinny". Both played guards in intramurals and neither one would pass to the other because they knew they would never see the ball again. Pam was the daughter of MR D who had a chain of IGA stores in Wichita back in the day. After they graduated they moved back to the KC area. Later I think Mo worked for his father in law in radio of which he owned several including keyn. Their son Jeff was a soccer player at unc and was drafted to kick for the Steelers. Signman should remember both of them because he used to have to play against them since he was in a different fraternity. Right JP?
        My Dad told stories of Melvin Reed, a 6-5 post that could elevate like he was 6-9. Very athletic, but didn't fit in the mold of a traditional post.

Comment

• Did anyone else just here Jalen Rose say that Pitt will beat Cuse because Van Vleet and Baker can hit the three? Someone got some bad research!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
            Did anyone else just here Jalen Rose say that Pitt will beat Cuse because Van Vleet and Baker can hit the three? Someone got some bad research!
            YES! Unbelievable. What a goob. Sorry boys, Pitt will get no help from VanVleet and Baker, not today, not ever. Pitt is probably still having nightmares of being bounced by those two and a few of their best friends last March. I imagine his earpiece was buzzing after that stupid mistake!

Comment

• I thought I heard that as well and that maybe I'd missed the wsu mention.
              Shox-4-Life

Comment

Did anyone else just here Jalen Rose say that Pitt will beat Cuse because Van Vleet and Baker can hit the three? Someone got some bad research!
                That's what happens when you make an NBA guy cover college basketball.

Comment

• Can you imagine Tekele with hops like Ri'an?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Now those would be some long-range 3-bombs indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Can you imagine Tekele with hops like Ri'an?

I think Tekele's hops are underated. TC seems to go has high as he needs to go in the circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think Tekele's hops are underated. TC seems to go has high as he needs to go in the circumstances.
                        Jeeze, he has mad hops...absolutely

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          That's what happens when you make an NBA guy cover college basketball.
                          He is one of the more interesting commentators. He also is a huge CBB fan. His online show with Bill Simmons is entertaining and informative for both levels of basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Jeeze, he has mad hops...absolutely
                            +1

Cotten probably has one of the best verts on the team.
                            β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                              +1

Cotton probably has one of the best verts on the team.
                              And he his strong enough to get up in traffic.

Comment

• it's really about the Indiana State game, but some great love! Greg Lansing says, "We know they're good. They could run the table and win a national championship. They are that good." The commentator, Mark Adams, who picked us #5 in the pre-season talks about Fred VanVleet during the game. ESPN has that little tidbit in the embedded video here: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400500078
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X