No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall and Knight is on the Sports Center ticker right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      I disagree. KCShox set the term. No one ask him too. If he had any cajones he would self-impose the ban starting now. He did give himself some wiggle room with "up to a year" - I am okay with not seeing him on here until Dec 31.
      Some on this board make me scratch my gray haired head. Do you really think he is going away from this board for a year? I have some resort land in southeast Sumner County I will sell you. Hell, how many of us really thought we would go 31-0? In the moment, the sarcastic and typically pessimistic KCShox authored the now famous statement. This is a fan board people. This is a place for Shocker fans to come and talk about a number of things, good, bad or indifferent. Many of us, including good 'ole SHOXMVC, spout off uncontrollably at times and actually say some pretty retarded stuff. Get over it and move on. Although KCShox brings a very different perspective, not favorably accepted sometimes by the masses, he still provides me some valuable entertainment that I need in my life. It takes all kinds of personalities to make up mankind. They all have their place...including KCShox. Keep bantering with him. It's part of the journey. I personally hope he stays.

Comment

• Marshall/Knight SC Sunday Conversation

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Yeah, the Marshall-Night convo (at least 3.5 minutes of such - not sure how long the feature segment was on TV yesterday) is now available online. I just watched it on the WatchESPN app on AppleTV where it is the lead link in the College Basketball section. Not sure where it lies in other formats.

EDIT: And FlyingWheat with the post of actual importance.

Comment

• Mike Lupica on Sports Reporters makes a great point about strength of schedule. It didn't seem to hurt the Shockers during our run last year. Buzz off naysayers!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              I disagree. KCShox set the term. No one ask him too. If he had any cajones he would self-impose the ban starting now. He did give himself some wiggle room with "up to a year" - I am okay with not seeing him on here until Dec 31.
              You like how I threw those key four "up to a year" words in the mix? Yet again, you probably don't like that. I will honor my words, up to a year that is, but I am compelled to continue to engage my fellow SNers until the final buzzer sounds on this basketball season. Deep down inside, I know ABC can indulge me with this small favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                Great discussion on sports reporters this morning, no idea how to link it here.
                They brought up a point that I had thought of, too, but hadn't heard reported much. Why didn't strength of schedule prevent us from going to the Final Four last year? That reporter also said, I don't care about SOS bc I saw Wichita State play against Louisville in the FF last year. Of course, some still say last year was a fluke. I checked collegerpi.com and our SOS last year was 91.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  Mike Lupica on Sports Reporters makes a great point about strength of schedule. It didn't seem to hurt the Shockers during our run last year. Buzz off naysayers!!!
                  Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                  They brought up a point that I had thought of, too, but hadn't heard reported much. Why didn't strength of schedule prevent us from going to the Final Four last year? That reporter also said, I don't care about SOS bc I saw Wichita State play against Louisville in the FF last year. Of course, some still say last year was a fluke. I checked collegerpi.com and our SOS last year was 91.
                  Great minds!

Comment

Mike Lupica on Sports Reporters makes a great point about strength of schedule. It didn't seem to hurt the Shockers during our run last year. Buzz off naysayers!!!
                    According to Kenpom

WSU 2012 SOS: 41
                    Florida 2013 SOS: 41
                    WSU 2013 SOS: 136

The "didn't hurt them last year" point isn't based in reality. Last year they didn't have a soft SOS.

Not trying to say anything about this year's chances. Just trying to point out that that specific "great point" is not very well thought out.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                      You like how I threw those key four "up to a year" words in the mix? Yet again, you probably don't like that. I will honor my words, up to a year that is, but I am compelled to continue to engage my fellow SNers until the final buzzer sounds on this basketball season. Deep down inside, I know ABC can indulge me with this small favor.
                      Deep down? You are incorrect. Doesn't surprise me whatsoever you won't honor it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                        Great minds!
                        Hey, if I'm linked with you I can't be all bad right!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          According to Kenpom

The "didn't hurt them last year" point isn't based in reality. Last year they didn't have a soft SOS.

Not trying to say anything about this year's chances. Just trying to point out that that specific "great point" is not very well thought out.
                          You probably need to clarify the respective season years a little better, because right now your point is not all that clear.

Comment

According to Kenpom

And RPI has WSU's SOS as 107 this year and 102 last year. It makes it a pain, but it's gotten to the point that anyone citing one set of #s needs to provide another set for context. I realize KenPom is highly respected, but he isn't the only good number cruncher.

Comment

According to Kenpom

The "didn't hurt them last year" point isn't based in reality. Last year they didn't have a soft SOS. Not trying to say anything about this year's chances. Just trying to point out that that specific "great point" is not very well thought out.
                              Huh? You quoted a WSU SOS for 2012 (very good) and 2013 (not as good). I had looked up the 2012-2013 SOS on collegerpi.com and saw that it was 91, which isn't leaps and bounds better than ours this year.

Comment

Some on this board make me scratch my gray haired head. Do you really think he is going away from this board for a year? I have some resort land in southeast Sumner County I will sell you. Hell, how many of us really thought we would go 31-0? In the moment, the sarcastic and typically pessimistic KCShox authored the now famous statement. This is a fan board people. This is a place for Shocker fans to come and talk about a number of things, good, bad or indifferent. Many of us, including good 'ole SHOXMVC, spout off uncontrollably at times and actually say some pretty retarded stuff. Get over it and move on. Although KCShox brings a very different perspective, not favorably accepted sometimes by the masses, he still provides me some valuable entertainment that I need in my life. It takes all kinds of personalities to make up mankind. They all have their place...including KCShox. Keep bantering with him. It's part of the journey. I personally hope he stays.
                                Keep scratching your head. We disagree about my disagreement apparently. Maybe you need to get over people wanting KCShox to honor his promise. KCShox is in a class by himself and he volunteered for the ban.

Comment

Working...
                                X