No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The exact quote is helpful but I think the summary nailed it. I think he handled a shitty question like he handles the shitty crowd at Century Library.

I used to really like Doug but I'm done with his sorry ass. He has gone from being wrong to making it personal. **** him. Hopefully KFH doesn't pick his contract up.

Comment

• Shane Dennis > Doug Gottlieb

IMHO.

Comment

• dg also grilled Jim Crews about if he thought their two losses were to inferior teams. Crews said if they played 5 times they would win 2.5 times...and you just lost the first one at home.

Around the horn asked the question about Shocks being a number one seed. All said they would be if undefeated and one (Tores?) said that even with one loss they were a #1! Kristie Alley got some air time too.

Comment

• I'm sorry, I don't care how well SoW said it. He just admitted that 2 championships from a conference they couldn't run fast enough from was equal to a F4.

If it were me having to answer that question, I'd asked for the cream pie and hit Gotlube right in the puss with it.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...espnapi_public Committee chair discusses WSU and #1 seed
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• “We look at the attempt of what they have tried to do, as well,” he said. “Oftentimes, schools develop a schedule thinking that it is a very strong schedule only to have their opponents fall on their face and the schedule isn’t nearly as strong as they thought it would be. Those are some of the factors that we look at beyond the RPI.”

Discussion over. Give us our 1 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Shane Dennis > Doug Gottlieb

IMHO.
                I'm not sure Shane doesn't get better guests. He's had a ton of INCREDIBLE guests during the short time he's been on the air. It's a GREAT show.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  “We look at the attempt of what they have tried to do, as well,” he said. “Oftentimes, schools develop a schedule thinking that it is a very strong schedule only to have their opponents fall on their face and the schedule isn’t nearly as strong as they thought it would be. Those are some of the factors that we look at beyond the RPI.”

Discussion over. Give us our 1 seed.
                  Better win out first and actually deserve the #1 seed.

Comment

• McD can't give a real comparison regarding something he has never experienced. Gottlieb knows this but doesn't care. I think Gottlieb got pissed at the Wichita fan base over the Twit-storm. That seems to be when he went anti-WSU.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Dallas Morning News College Basketball Roundup did not have #2/#4 Shocker win. No mention of it. None whatsoever. Nada. Zilch. RUFKM?????
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

• DM actually said he really like Wichita and that it was his favorite place to play

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I'm not sure Shane doesn't get better guests. He's had a ton of INCREDIBLE guests during the short time he's been on the air. It's a GREAT show.
                          As best as I can tell he goes out and gets them using twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Doug Gottlieb, who for some reason has a massive reverse hardon for WSU this season and mentions us ad nauseam (deadhorse on SN), just interviewed Wookie Jr on his show.

The DG question: Who had the better year last year - WSU with the FF, or CU with the MVC titles? Would you trade CU season's brass with WSU season's brass?

The DM answer: Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our 2014 MVC titles as much as I would have a 2014 NCAA FF.

LOL!
                            Anyone else ever read Jim Bouton's "Ball Four" and remember the story about the player hiding in the closet to watch while his roomie was on the bed enjoying the company of some "local talent" who claimed she had never done it like that before?

Yeah, sssuuurrrre, Doug.

Edit: at the time I posted this I hadn't seen the verbatim quote from McDermott, which is definitely somewhat different -- but still, "balances out?" Really? I'm sticking with, "Yeah, sssuuurrrre." In fairness to McD, it really WAS a tough question -- how do you sound happy with what your own team has done while not acclaiming your unspoken rival's superior accomplishments as such?
                            Last edited by WSUwatcher; February 13, 2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Can someone fill in the gap for me with DG's hate for WSU? He was glossing us last year and generally complimentary to us in years past. What triggered his weirdness this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Shane Dennis > Doug Gottlieb

IMHO.
                                I believe he has the potential for a bigger market, after "paying his dues" for a while.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X