No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever. The interview started at 3:25 ICT time, so I guess that is about 1:25 into the show. I don't know if DG podcasts or archives his shows, but have a look. Perhaps I missed some minutia as I listen while I work, but I don't believe I am off.
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; February 12, 2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Yeah, but I don't fault SoW for saying that. It'd upset the fan base to say he'd rather have wsu's accomplishments. It's such a dumb question though.
      For virtually all season Gottlieb has been looking for any possible way to discount or discredit WSU - rational or irrational. Just 30 minutes prior to the McD interview he had SLU's coach on and was trying his hardest to get Crews to say something that would talk down WSU. It is an infatuation from a major media member like I have never seen before.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Doug Gottlieb, who for some reason has a massive reverse hardon for WSU this season and mentions us ad nauseam (deadhorse on SN), just interviewed Wookie Jr on his show.

The DG question: Who had the better year last year - WSU with the FF, or CU with the MVC titles? Would you trade CU season's brass with WSU season's brass?

The DM answer: Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our 2014 MVC titles as much as I would have a 2014 NCAA FF.

LOL!
        that is about as good an answer he could,have given the crummy question.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Jump to 5:25 on the McD interview for the CU versus WSU discussion:

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            Yeah, but I don't fault SoW for saying that. It'd upset the fan base to say he'd rather have wsu's accomplishments. It's such a dumb question though.
            Yeah, DG definitely put DM on the spot with that question. The answer is so obvious it's a question the needs no asking.

Comment

• I didnt think McD said anything out of line. He said it was a draw between two championships and the Final Four.
              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                As a side note, is it just me, or do his current rankings seem far more volatile than they have in past years. I know that he adjusts his formula every year. It appears that he has weighted recent games more heavily than older games. It drives me crazy how some teams are jumping around 5+ spots after every game this late in the season. And it's not as if there is a log jam at the top either. The scores are just changing that much.
                It's not that he's weighting recent games more heavily, it's that he's weighing games against good teams more than blowouts over bad ones. Teams that played a good non-con won't move as much as those that don't. The end result is that recent games are weighted more heavily for everyone at the top except for us but it's because the recent games have been more difficult not because they happened more recently. Also there's less separation at the top than there usually is.

Comment

Jump to 5:25 on the McD interview for the CU versus WSU discussion:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/audio...gottlieb-show/
                  "Help settle an argument for me...."

What argument is that, asswipe? That WSU's Final Four means nothing and doing good in the regular season is better? Dougie (Gottlieb) deserves a complete verbal assault next time he's in the same building as Wichita State fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                    I didnt think McD said anything out of line. He said it was a draw between two championships and the Final Four.
                    You can say all kinds of things in this world that aren't "out of line." Doesn't mean they are not obtuse statements in their own right.

EDIT: Oh heck WTF am I saying? Stating an MVC regular season and tourney championship is historically on par with a FF is asinine. The most intellectually-handicapped KU fan would not touch that logic with a 10 foot pole, much less a team member for a school that can't get out of the first weekend.

Comment

• DG ended by saying he hoped he'd see DM in the FF. Wonder if he say that to Cle?

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                        I didnt think McD said anything out of line. He said it was a draw between two championships and the Final Four.
                        I think SoW knows that a Final Four is better but he didn't want to elevate WSU's season above Creighton's most successful season ever, which is understandable for the sake of his fans. But Gottlieb was obviously trying to get a certain answer from him.

Comment

• Agree with everything that is said about Gottlieb, but isn't this the media LOVE thread?
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Can't believe I'm defending anything associated with Creighton, but McDermott handled the question with class. He was very complimentary of our team despite DG's pointless questions. I don't think he's going to admit that his Dad's team failed to live up to his expectations. Also complimentary of the roundhouse crowd.

Comment

Doug Gottlieb, who for some reason has a massive reverse hardon for WSU this season and mentions us ad nauseam (deadhorse on SN), just interviewed Wookie Jr on his show.

The DG question: Who had the better year last year - WSU with the FF, or CU with the MVC titles? Would you trade CU season's brass with WSU season's brass?

The DM answer: Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our 2014 MVC titles as much as I would have a 2014 NCAA FF.

LOL!
                              The problem when you paraphrase someone's words is that it's not exactly what he said. That is not what Doug McD said.

Doug McD says, and I quote "That's a tough argument man. I think about that all the time. You know, Twitter... people come at me on Twitter about that. I'm sure they are to you too. You know.. you know I'd take the two titles. But I think the Final Four balances that out. It's really either or."

Really didn't paraphrase his statement very well....
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                Really didn't paraphrase his statement very well....
                                ??

Originally posted by _kai_
                                "That's a tough argument man. I think about that all the time. You know, Twitter... people come at me on Twitter about that. I'm sure they are to you too. You know.. you know I'd take the two titles. But I think the Final Four balances that out. It's really either or."
                                Originally posted by SHOCKvalue
                                Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our 2014 MVC titles as much as I would have a 2014 NCAA FF.
                                It's the same statement with less words, is it not? Do "either or" and "as much as" not convey similar sentiment?

Keep in mind I listened live while I work. When I posted the above I didn't have the luxury of hitting play and pause and repeating a podcast recording so that I had a verbatim quote like yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X