Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    @hammyshock: @GaryParrishCBS @SethDavisHoops Shocker fans, listen to the podcast. Great perspective on the Shocks. http://cbsprt.co/1cZPXCS

Gteat discussion starting at the 22:30 mark,
    Are you sure it starts at 22:30? I've listened from a little bit before that till about the 26 minute mark and haven't heard any mention of Wichita State or the Shockers.

Edit: Never mind about that. The time you gave was correct when I downloaded the mp3. It was a lot different when listening online.
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; February 6, 2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      Are you sure it starts at 22:30? I've listened from a little bit before that till about the 26 minute mark and haven't heard any mention of Wichita State or the Shockers.

Edit: Never mind about that. The time you gave was correct when I downloaded the mp3. It was a lot different when listening online.
      Starts at 18 min mark
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        @hammyshock: @GaryParrishCBS @SethDavisHoops Shocker fans, listen to the podcast. Great perspective on the Shocks. http://cbsprt.co/1cZPXCS

Gteat discussion starting at the 22:30 mark,
        Love the following quotes from Davis: "Louisville was Sooo lucky to win that game," referring to last year's FF game. "Ron Baker the bucket maker." "They are so fun to watch."

I also liked the following Parrish quote: "If you get recruited to Wichita State, you've been overlooked by other places...and the players inherently have chips on their shoulders."

Comment

• 1619419_10151962696003100_1770943307_n.jpg
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• A pretty good piece from SBNation.

We hear the same clichés every year when great teams from major conferences lose games to not-so-great teams during league play. There's always the "familiarity" or the "wear and tear" or the "ruggedness" of the conference season to blame. Now I'm not saying these aren't all completely legitimate justifications for late January/early February upsets, I'm just saying that the same absolution that Duke or Michigan State receives in these same situations doesn't seem to be extended to ranked squads from the Valley or the Atlantic 10.

Comment

• Gregg Marshall coming up on Jay Mohr Sports in 10 minutes. 1410 kgso.

Comment

• Marshall to be on Jay Mohr show at 1:15 today. 1410.

Comment

• pie is fast.

Comment

• Not one of Jays better interviews. He didnt seem very prepared.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Not one of Jays better interviews. He didnt seem very prepared.
                      I didn't here the HCGM interview, but JM interviews are always a bit odd to me..
                      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                        I didn't here the HCGM interview, but JM interviews are always a bit odd to me..
                        Jay Mohr is a comedian turned sports talk douchebag. Very little cred.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                          Jay Mohr is a comedian turned sports talk douchebag. Very little cred.
                          I actually liked him when he would fill in for Jim Rome. However, now when i tune in to his show he seems to be a little too west coast for my liking. Always talking up UCLA (and other west coast teams) and talking trash on mid-west teams.
                          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Not one of Jays better interviews. He didnt seem very prepared.
                            Jay is definitely a goof ball, but I found the interview to be amusing, the coach was a great sport.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• After listening, I thought it was fine. Good stuff.
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X