Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    During try KU game jimmy Dykes basically said Wichita State won't lose a regular season game.
    Dykes also was talking about point guards. He said Tharpe was good enough to get KU to a championship, but that he wasn't an elite point guard capable of leading a team to a championship or something like that. His elite point guards he listed: Craft, Ennis, and Van Vleet.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      Had a LONG conversation tonight with a group of LSU fans and 2 Syracuse fans. LSU fans name dropping Skeenstra, Dreifort and Blake. Syracuse fans dropping Ogirri and Cousinard.
      LSU did hand it to us twice in those CWS games. Those games were painful. Every time I hear the name Muton, I hear a ping sound and get sad.

Was Baby Shaq on that basketball team we beat in 2006-2007?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Dykes also was talking about point guards. He said Tharpe was good enough to get KU to a championship, but that he wasn't an elite point guard capable of leading a team to a championship or something like that. His elite point guards he listed: Craft, Ennis, and Van Vleet.
        He lost me at Craft

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          LSU did hand it to us twice in those CWS games. Those games were painful. Every time I hear the name Muton, I hear a ping sound and get sad.

Was Baby Shaq on that basketball team we beat in 2006-2007?
          Yes he was.

Comment

• ESPN - #1 - (02-04-14).jpg

Comment

• I'm curious as to who the other 3 teams to not allow 75 points are. Ours is pretty dang impressive considering we played against the #3 highest scoring offense in the country, who would be #2 if they didn't have to play us.

Comment

• Latest from Dana O'Neil on ESPN:

Wichita State isn't afraid of being undefeated. No, the Shockers are embracing the challenge, and the spotlight they know won't come around like this every year.

Comment

• How many millions of dollars has this program gotten this year alone in national coverage? These last several articles in espn, wsj, usa today etc have really been good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    I'm curious as to who the other 3 teams to not allow 75 points are. Ours is pretty dang impressive considering we played against the #3 highest scoring offense in the country, who would be #2 if they didn't have to play us.
                    I'd be curious too. I found Wyoming is one, but haven't found the other two yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
                      I'd be curious too. I found Wyoming is one, but haven't found the other two yet.
                      I looked at Michigan St and St. Louis, but Mich St. had allowed exactly 75 points one game and St. Louis had the overtime game that was over 75.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        I looked at Michigan St and St. Louis, but Mich St. had allowed exactly 75 points one game and St. Louis had the overtime game that was over 75.
                        St. Louis is probably one of the teams they were talking about. Our record was only 22-0 at the time and St. Louis gave up over 75 that day.

Comment

• Sorry for being repetitive, but the USA TODAY article referenced in it's own thread made the print edition, on the front page of the sports section, with WuShock on the header at the top.

Pretty freaking cool.

Comment

• According to Lutz in his article today on Kansas.com, we were down 19 at Missouri State and had a great comeback to win "by 1 point". Good observation Lutz.

Comment

• Check out the video clip titled Zero Shock on ESPN.com. It's pretty good.
                              "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                                Check out the video clip titled Zero Shock on ESPN.com. It's pretty good.
                                Get the latest NCAA basketball news, scores, stats, standings, and more from ESPN.

Front page...AGAIN.

It's a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                X