No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU one of the featured teams on this "Agony of missed perfection" feature on SportsCenter about tonight's women's NCAA championship game featuring undefeated UCONN vs undefeated Notre Dame. Nothing big, just some highlights (lowlights I guess) and some of the postgame coverage.

Other teams were Larry Bird's ISU Sycamores, 18-1 Patriots, the Detroit Tigers perfect game blown call by Jim Joyce, and a couple others I didn't catch

Comment

• The 'ultimate' congratulations... thanks Chuck!!

Letters to the editor on Shockers...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        The 'ultimate' congratulations... thanks Chuck!!

Letters to the editor on Shockers...

He could really show some love, by opening up that checkbook! ;)
        The Assman

Comment

• I believe he has. What do you want from him now? He's not the only one with money in Wichita. I know, I know -- he's richer than (fill in the blank) but this is OUR program and we should be doing more than we do. I am tripling my SASO for this coming year -- how about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            I believe he has. What do you want from him now? He's not the only one with money in Wichita. I know, I know -- he's richer than (fill in the blank) but this is OUR program and we should be doing more than we do. I am tripling my SASO for this coming year -- how about you?
            I'm quadrupling mine. Nanny nanny boo boo.

Comment

I believe he has. What do you want from him now? He's not the only one with money in Wichita. I know, I know -- he's richer than (fill in the blank) but this is OUR program and we should be doing more than we do. I am tripling my SASO for this coming year -- how about you?
              No, I don’t EXPECT any more from Charles Koch, however a $100 mm donation could take us from ‘very good’ to ‘great’. A donation to be used for campus infrastructure, academics and athletics. Sorry, if I come across greedy. Sometimes all you need is a sound plan and vision and the cojones to ‘ask’ the question.

Dartmouth College has received a gift of $100 million, the largest single donation in the college’s 244-year history. The benefactors, a family with close ties to the college, wish to remain anonymous. Dartmouth plans to formally announce the gift Thursday

Comment

Star by your name on the blackboard and a Hello Kitty sticker for you sir.

Comment

• The balls rolling...

WSU graduates find more jobs, earn more than other state grads

"A key element leading to higher employment and earning rates for its graduates is Wichita State's emphasis on experience-based learning through cooperative education positions and internships."

Wichita State University graduates working in Kansas had a higher rate of job placement and income than graduates from other traditional state institutions, according to data from the Kansas Board of Regents on post-graduation employment in Kansas from 2008-2010.

Comment

• Worst spelling of Wichita State EVER: "P.S. Sorry about Whichitta State. I was pulling for them too since they are MVC"

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but had to share. This was from the person running a bracket group that I was in (who I didn't know b/c it was a friend of a friend) when he emailed me about my winnings. I know Wichita gets misspelled all the time, even in the media (thus putting this in the media thread), but what are they teaching people at Illinois State??!!

Comment

The balls rolling...

WSU graduates find more jobs, earn more than other state grads

"A key element leading to higher employment and earning rates for its graduates is Wichita State's emphasis on experience-based learning through cooperative education positions and internships."

http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/wsunew...ease/?nid=2444
                      "A key element leading to higher employment and earning rates for its graduates is Wichita State’s emphasis on experience-based learning through cooperative education positions and internships."
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

No, I don’t EXPECT any more from Charles Koch, however a $100 mm donation could take us from ‘very good’ to ‘great’. A donation to be used for campus infrastructure, academics and athletics. Sorry, if I come across greedy. Sometimes all you need is a sound plan and vision and the cojones to ‘ask’ the question.

Dartmouth College has received a gift of $100 million, the largest single donation in the college’s 244-year history. The benefactors, a family with close ties to the college, wish to remain anonymous. Dartmouth plans to formally announce the gift Thursday

http://jewishvoiceny.com/index.php?o...ped&Itemid=296
                        WSU just needs a T. Boone.

“I think I got my money's worth,” Boone said of his $500 million donations to his alma mater, half of which has gone to athletics. “I have no regrets at all.”
                        newsok.com/oklahoma-state-football-why-boone-pickens-mark-on-osu-will-last-a-long-time/article/3840929
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• T Boone isn't even in the same league as Charles Koch. Charles Koch makes more money in one month than T Boone Pickens does in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                            Worst spelling of Wichita State EVER: "P.S. Sorry about Whichitta State. I was pulling for them too since they are MVC"

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but had to share. This was from the person running a bracket group that I was in (who I didn't know b/c it was a friend of a friend) when he emailed me about my winnings. I know Wichita gets misspelled all the time, even in the media (thus putting this in the media thread), but what are they teaching people at Illinois State??!!
                            Wow! That's terrible. That's right up there with the woman who kept pronouncing it "Wichituh" while she was calling one of our highlight videos for espn.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              T Boone isn't even in the same league as Charles Koch. Charles Koch makes more money in one month than T Boone Pickens does in a year.
                              Good point, let's raise the 'ask' amount to...

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                T Boone isn't even in the same league as Charles Koch. Charles Koch makes more money in one month than T Boone Pickens does in a year.
                                UHHHHH, did you actually bother to read the post? It had nothing to do with who has more money. For your benefit, I'll expand on one small portion:

Boone said of his $500 million donations to his alma mater

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                                X