Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Do the Shocks have to win out in St. Louis to maintain a No. 1 seed? I think we can absorb a loss if it is in the Championship game. Every Valley team is now resetting their record to 0-0.However, I just as soon not chance it and I think the Shocks want that Tournament Championship trophy every bit as much as they wanted the undefeated regular season. Plus we are actually playing about as well as we have all season. If we continue to play defense like we did against MSU I have a hard time seeing any Valley team beating us.
    I think it was Jay Bilas yesterday who talked about the Valley tournament and how hard it will be to beat a team 3 times; I was thinking at the time how would anyone know; its rarely had to be done before this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
      I think it was Jay Bilas yesterday who talked about the Valley tournament and how hard it will be to beat a team 3 times; I was thinking at the time how would anyone know; its rarely had to be done before this year.
      We have to beat a team 3 times in 3 consecutive games to win the Valley Tournament. Beating a team 3 times 3 times is 9 times as hard by my math.

Comment

• I feel like we keep getting the goal line moved on us. I though we were said to receive a number one seed if we went undefeated in conference. Now we have to win our tournament too which we haven't done for 30 years! Louisville has basically the same strength of schedule we do. I don't hear ANYONE complaining or questioning their legitimacy?

At this point I no longer care what the experts say. They can't take away what this team has accomplished and will get our shot at the big boys soon enough

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
          I hate it when people say this. It's so disingenuous. Outside of having a better scouting report, it's not any harder to beat a team the third time than it is the first or second. It's the combined odds of beating a team three times that are significantly worse than beating a team once or twice. Once you've won games one and two, the odds of winning the third game aren't any different than winning any other individual game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
            I feel like we keep getting the goal line moved on us. I though we were said to receive a number one seed if we went undefeated in conference. Now we have to win our tournament too which we haven't done for 30 years! Louisville has basically the same strength of schedule we do. I don't hear ANYONE complaining or questioning their legitimacy?

At this point I no longer care what the experts say. They can't take away what this team has accomplished and will get our shot at the big boys soon enough
            Most of the experts have been pretty consistent in saying that we need to win everything up until selection Sunday to get a one seed. It's only recently that a handful of them have started saying that we should get a one seed even if we don't win the valley tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
              I hate it when people say this. It's so disingenuous. Outside of having a better scouting report, it's not any harder to beat a team the third time than it is the first or second. It's the combined odds of beating a team three times that are significantly worse than beating a team once or twice. Once you've won games one and two, the odds of winning the third game aren't any different than winning any other individual game.
              Math FTW!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                We have to beat a team 3 times in 3 consecutive games to win the Valley Tournament. Beating a team 3 times 3 times is 9 times as hard by my math.
                This sent me back to my coffee cup!

Comment

• Hey the Globetrotters have beaten the Generals like a bazillion times in a row. Each succeeding game the chances increase for a General's victory, but it never happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    Hey the Globetrotters have beaten the Generals like a bazillion times in a row. Each succeeding game the chances increase for a General's victory, but it never happens.
                    but they have a ton of good losses

Comment

• It really does t matter if we get a one or a two. We will have a week off before the field of 68 so that we can rest up, heal up and work on the aspects of the game that will take us back to the final four. Other teams are going to get beat up, lose some more games and go into the tourney less fresh than our shox. I'm not worried about seeding the tourney is all about match ups and who is hot.

Comment

• Every team that we will face up against in the Valley Tourney will know that they got curb stomped by WSU. In the back of their heads they will hear that voice telling them that they have no chance. Then they will tell themselves "If we just play a perfect game" and the pressure will build. From there it just takes one turnover, one mistake, and WSU is off to the races.

Comment

• What is that old saying -- "It's really, really hard to beat a team three times in one season." Well in order to win Arch Madness we have to do that not once, not twice, but THREE times. I say we are up to it but if you don't think some of these Valley teams have learned a thing or two about how to play us, you are living in a dream world. I don't look for this to be easy and I will have a knot in my stomach during each game we play from here on out.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Need to rebound better.

That might sound crazy but am concerned about rebounding in the tournament.
                            Not saying it won't be an issue, but I'm not worried.

We were +5 on Tennessee, who was a combined +17 against 4 other teams in the Top 20 (UK, FLA x2, UVA). Those teams all got destroyed by Maymon and Stokes. WSU, not so much.

Comment

• I don't know what I'm going to do when my Monday mornings aren't tied up with me refreshing this thread over and over again.

Comment

• I have dream that voters will give WSU #1 after we finish 34-0 before the NCAA.

Think they will want to reward the team for their historic accomplishment.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X