Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
    Slu all the way down to 17. Not that it matters much anymore.
    Agreed that it doesn't matter much any more. They served their purpose, helping us to rise in the polls. Only wins and losses will move us now.

And I'm actually shocked that they only fell to 17. I guess it makes sense, given the huge number of losses in the T25 last week. Still, a 7 spot drop after losing 2 games in a week (1 to a bad Duquesne team at home) seems very fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      you are losing touch RDR. SFA isn't ranked.
      I'll wager a guess that he was referring to the other Wildcats. Silo Tech. Purple Drank. Check the 'Others receiving votes' part.

Comment

• North Carolina Central tied OK State with one vote.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Lunardi's most recent bracket is still kinda screwy, and he has us matching up with Louisville way too early .

His Midwest Region:
          1. WSU 2. Villanova 3. Virginia (Not a 2?) 4. Michigan State (Should be a 8 or 9) 5. Louisville (Should be a 3 or 4) 6. Iowa 7. UMass 8. K-State 9. Pitt 10. Cal 11. Southern Miss 12. Oregon / Tennessee 13. Toledo 14. Belmont 15. Davidson 16. Alabama State / Utah Valley

Comment

• Originally posted by coran13 View Post
            Actual AP Poll - Mar. 3:
            22. Michigan State (How is this possible?)
            23. Oklahoma
            24. Iowa (Once again, how?)
            25. Kentucky (I give up.)
            Well in your personal rankings you included Kansas State over Michigan State even though K-State has more losses against an easier schedule. I've got no explanation for the other two.

Comment

• Touche. I based that off of my "what have you done for me lately" reasoning. MSU's only won 4 of their last 10 (of the 6 losses the average RPI of the opponent is 36). K-State has won 6 of their last 10 (of the 4 losses the average RPI of the opponent is 40).

Last 5 Wins for MSU:
              Jan. 21 Indiana (76 RPI)
              Jan. 28 Iowa (43)
              Feb. 6 Penn State (108)
              Feb. 13 Northwestern (127)
              Feb. 20 Purdue (125)

Avg. opponent RPI from last 5 wins: 96

Last 5 Wins for K-State:
              Feb. 8 Texas (24)
              Feb. 10 Kansas (2)
              Feb. 19 TCU (207)
              Feb. 25 Texas Tech (114)
              Mar. 1 Iowa State (11)

Avg. opponent RPI from last 5 wins: 72

Comment

• I tried to look it up but I couldn't find all of the conferences home and away records.

1.The teams who worry me the least are teams who have < 500 wins on the ROAD. They are teams who tend to depend on home wins. In the SEC, there were only two teams in this category and they will be high seeds. In the ACC, I think that there were 3-4 teams in the category. The Big 10-3 teams in this category. I couldn't find other conferences.

2.The second category of teams that I'd like to steer away from early in the NCAA are teams who are >35% from the 3 pt. line..

Most teams are like K-State who only has one or two good 3 point shooters. I think that our defense matches up with these teams.

There are other teams who are super athletic, and big in the middle that could go off on a team (like Kentuckybut they are super inconsistent) that could present a problem for our team match up wise but usually we handle those teams.

There are only about 10-15 teams who may fit into the category of teams who fit into the (1-2) categories that we want to avoid early in the Tournament.

Comment

Lunardi's most recent bracket is still kinda screwy, and he has us matching up with Louisville way too early .

His Midwest Region:
                  1. WSU 2. Villanova 3. Virginia (Not a 2?) 4. Michigan State (Should be a 8 or 9) 5. Louisville (Should be a 3 or 4) 6. Iowa 7. UMass 8. K-State 9. Pitt 10. Cal 11. Southern Miss 12. Oregon / Tennessee 13. Toledo 14. Belmont 15. Davidson 16. Alabama State / Utah Valley
                  Interesting bracket. In the 3rd round, we'd get the winner of K-State and Pittsburgh. At least the coaches of those teams know that Wichita is in Kansas.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Lunardi's most recent bracket is still kinda screwy, and he has us matching up with Louisville way too early .

His Midwest Region:
                    ZERO chance KSU is an 8/9 in WSU 's region. The committee protects the top seeds.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Mock Selection BracketMock Selection ReflectionsINDIANAPOLIS -- The Jeopardy theme blares from a speaker inside the Singapore room of the Conrad Hotel in downtown Indianapolis, a perfect score for the deliberations taking place at a long table littered with computer monitors.About a dozen members of the media underwent the arduous task of voting, ranking, rinsing and repeating during the Media Mock Selection on Thursday and Friday.

"Some members of the media took exception to the fact that No. 7 seed North Carolina could be placed in Raleigh for its first two games, setting up a potential home-crowd advantage against No. 2 seed Villanova in the third round. However, the top four seeds in each region are only protected against situations like this for their first game."

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                        http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...g-ncaa-tourney

"Some members of the media took exception to the fact that No. 7 seed North Carolina could be placed in Raleigh for its first two games, setting up a potential home-crowd advantage against No. 2 seed Villanova in the third round. However, the top four seeds in each region are only protected against situations like this for their first game."
                        Did not know the protection was just for the 1st game. I think WSU would have a slight crowd advantage vs KSU in St Louis. To place Villanova in Raleigh vs. UNC is crapola.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          ZERO chance KSU is an 8/9 in WSU 's region. The committee protects the top seeds.
                          I am kind of surprised that a team with just 2 road wins all year would get an 8 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I tried to look it up but I couldn't find all of the conferences home and away records.

1.The teams who worry me the least are teams who have < 500 wins on the ROAD. They are teams who tend to depend on home wins. In the SEC, there were only two teams in this category and they will be high seeds. In the ACC, I think that there were 3-4 teams in the category. The Big 10-3 teams in this category. I couldn't find other conferences.

2.The second category of teams that I'd like to steer away from early in the NCAA are teams who are >35% from the 3 pt. line..

Most teams are like K-State who only has one or two good 3 point shooters. I think that our defense matches up with these teams.

There are other teams who are super athletic, and big in the middle that could go off on a team (like Kentuckybut they are super inconsistent) that could present a problem for our team match up wise but usually we handle those teams.

There are only about 10-15 teams who may fit into the category of teams who fit into the (1-2) categories that we want to avoid early in the Tournament.
                            It doesn't matter. Whoever we play will have their worst offensive game of the year.

We are lucky that way.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I think K-State is one of those 'druther not play them teams' because, like the Shocks, they generally get after it defensively.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but in this week's AP poll, the teams tied with Oklahoma State (which still has 1 point) include North Carolina Central.

Comment

Working...
                                X