Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
    Not sure if this article belong here or the media love thread, but this was written by Lawrence Journal World writer (and voter) Tom Keegan. I was surprised as it was well written and complimentary of us. It is worth the read. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/fe...top-spot-poll/
    That is at least 5 votes for WSU for first place!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuente 858 View Post
      I sent Rick a little note:

“I wish Marshall would have challenged his team with a better non-conference schedule.”
      You might want to research this statement a little better. Lots of published stories out there regarding Marshall’s hard work over the years scheduling major conference schools. Just do a google search. Pick up the phone and call Marshall or ask Coach Turgeon at Maryland about his scheduling issues when he had a successful team at Wichita State.
      If you’re going to rip a coach for not trying to schedule tough opponents in the non-con then rip all the Big 12, Big 10 and Big East schools that have turned Marshall down. But give credit to Tennessee and Alabama for going against the grain and doing home and home games with Wich St.
      Hell, just tell him that our non-conf SoS is 40 or so in the country. That's what is torquing me off in all this. We are borderline 85-90th percentile nationally in non-conference SoS and yet some people still don't think that is good enough.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        Moral dilemma. His Alma Mater at 3, and the team of the VAST majority of his listening audience at #5 (KU).
        Ah, I totally forgot that he is a Syracuse guy. He's got to be having a bad week so I'll leave him alone.

Comment

• Bozich is a tool... I have to listen and read his crap on local tv and in the newspaper... If he could have put Louisville ahead of us he would have!!

Comment

• 14 first place votes n ap poll #2

Comment

• #2 in AP... Just got the ESPN alert

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                14 first place votes n ap poll #2
                This.

Better than I hoped for.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Link to the AP rankings. Trail Florida by 57 points, lead Arizona by 55.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    The number of times we have been ranked #2 or higher in the AP Poll:

1982-83: 1 (Dec. 29)
                    1964-65​: 4 (Dec. 8, 22, 29, #1 on Dec. 15)
                    Bump. Gotta take a moment to appreciate how cool this is.

Comment

• NC Central getting votes.

I hope we live up to our own mantra and continue to play them.

Comment

• SLU stays at #10, getting jumped by Creighton after that uber impressive throttling of Seton Hall in Omaha.

Big week ahead for the Bils. Home game against Duquesne followed by a tough roadie @ VCU. Everyone will be expecting their win streak to end this weekend- find a way to win that one and they'll finally get a little love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          NC Central getting votes.

I hope we live up to our own mantra and continue to play them.
                          Oh wow! That's fantastic! Good for them!

Comment

• Games for our poll peers this week:

#1 Florida: @ Vanderbilt, vs. LSU

#3 Arizona: vs. Cal, vs. Stanford

#4 Syracuse: @ Maryland, @ #12 Virginia

#5 Kansas: vs. Oklahoma, @ Oklahoma State

Especially tough week ahead for Syracuse. They are on the verge of blowing the top seed in the East and possibly the Buffalo-NYC route to Dallas. Go Terps tonight.

Comment

• S

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X