X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nova didn't lose to GW. That's how.

Comment

• For perspective on our current run:

We have spent just 8 weeks in our entire history ranked this high or higher in the AP Poll (2 weeks in 1981-82, 6 weeks in 1964-65). Think about that. Ralph Miller never had a team ranked this high at WSU. We are in rarefied air.

Comment

• We moved up to #9 on Ron Morris's ballot! And before anyone freaks out, Jason Smith has us at #3, I don't know why it says N/A.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Creighton Basketball: 97 years, 0 weeks with a single-digit rank. Ever.
          Good heavens -- is that really true? I don't know that they deserve one now, although Villanova is clearly too high, which might have given them one by default, but that's amazing if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
            In that case, what has St. Louis done to make our win over them so impressive? Who have they beat? I for one am perfectly happy with the #3 ranking in both polls.
            Well STL has only lost 2 games all year and has won 18? in a row. Undefeated in the A-10 (IMO a better league than SEC). I'm with you, though. It's difficult for me to get too upset about #3. Do I think we should be #2 or even #1? Yes. But at this point all that matters is the 1 seed which we are still in line for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              Nova didn't lose to GW. That's how.
              Seriously? Does GW have a disease or something? I just looked them up, and they're 19-6 overall, 7-4 in league play. That shouldn't be that much of an embarrassment.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Good heavens -- is that really true? I don't know that they deserve one now, although Villanova is clearly too high, which might have given them one by default, but that's amazing if true.
                Yep, the highest they ever reached was #10 back in 2003, when you-know-who took them down at the Cow Palace.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Seriously? Does GW have a disease or something? I just looked them up, and they're 19-6 overall, 7-4 in league play. That shouldn't be that much of an embarrassment.
                  People still want to judge a team by its jersey.

Comment

Yep, the highest they ever reached was #10 back in 2003, when you-know-who took them down at the Cow Palace.
                    Aaron Hogg.

Comment

• AP poll has 6 non-BCS teams in top 12.
                      Parity.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                        Davis had reasoning for his glass ceiling. Bad reasoning, certainly, but reasoning. That alone makes him better than 99% of the tools out there in the media (Gary Parrish is the same way; he absolutely loves us, but he remembers getting snakebit by Gonzaga last year so he's gunshy. It's regretable, but understandable.) He also dropped a ton of hints that he wouldn't hold to his pledge if we kept winning.

I think it also helps that we, as a fanbase, didn't really crawl up his a** about it, unlike what his "trolls in Omaha," do regarding Creighton.
                        Other than ******* and Gottlieb who are these tools you speak of?
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• A fourth of the voters have us at #2 ahead of Florida. That Syracuse @ Duke game on Saturday could be pretty interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            AP poll has 6 non-BCS teams in top 12.
                            Parity.
                            If you're including the AAC and nBE, I think it's actually 7/12. Even without those two (which is consider to be in some sort of weird transition state making them difficult to classify), it's still 3/10.

Comment

A fourth of the voters have us at #2 ahead of Florida. That Syracuse @ Duke game on Saturday could be pretty interesting.
                              At this point, I think the ideal situation is for Duke to lose to UNC, but beat Syracuse. I don't want Duke winning out and giving any excuse to the selection committee to give them a #1 seed.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Vote for Ron Morris as Bad Voter of the Week. The guy just continues to be clueless:

Comment

Working...
                                X