Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Massey composite just updated for AP and Coaches and maybe others, too, but WSU passed Kansas and is now #10
    http://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm
    WSU has now improved to #9 in the Massey composite.

Comment

• A distribution of the AP votes for WSU: #5- 3 votes, #6- 27 votes, #7- 13 votes, #8- 8 votes, #9- 4 votes, #10- 2 votes, #11- 1 vote, #12- 3 votes, #13- 4 votes.

Comment

• The 3 guys that voted WSU #5 (the good guys):
        Chuck McGill (Charleston)
        J Franchuk (Provo, UT)
        Jon Wilner (San Jose Mercury News)

The 4 guys that voted WSU #13: Doug Haller (Arizona), Kelly Hines (Tulsa World), Marcus Jackson (Champaign, IL) , Ron Morris (Columbia, SC)

The 3 guys that voted WSU #12: Andrew Greif (The Oregonian), Bret Strelow (Fayetteville, NC), Mark Berman (Richmond, VA)

The #11 voter is Jason Smith (Memphis, TN).

The 2 voters that voted WSU #10: JP Butler (Ocean, NY Times-Herald), Seth Emerson (Macon, GA)
        Last edited by shox1989; January 7, 2014, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Wait, K-state is ranked?

Comment

• If you want a good laugh, check out Ron Morris's ballot here. Might be the worst I've ever seen, and not just because he has us at #13.

Louisville 3, Florida 5, Syracuse 6, Oklahoma State 7, Wisconsin 8, Wichita State 13, and Villanova 14 are all inexcusably awful votes. They should boot him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              If you want a good laugh, check out Ron Morris's ballot here. Might be the worst I've ever seen, and not just because he has us at #13.

Louisville 3, Florida 5, Syracuse 6, Oklahoma State 7, Wisconsin 8, Wichita State 13, and Villanova 14 are all inexcusably awful votes. They should boot him.
              Wow. He's all over the map. The only teams he's in agreement with a majority of voters or in the middle of voters is Arizona #1, Iowa #22, and Memphis #24. All other teams, he's either at the top or bottom end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                If you want a good laugh, check out Ron Morris's ballot here. Might be the worst I've ever seen, and not just because he has us at #13.

And here we thought he was just a Marshall hater, when in fact, he actually just may be a complete dumbass.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don't know much about this site, but Basketball State has WSU #3 http://www.bbstate.com/
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Just noticed this site also has a NCAA Selection Sheet page http://www.bbstate.com/teams/WICH/sheet
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I'm going to try to keep myself busy tomorrow so I don't go nuts refreshing the poll pages.

Comment

• Ohio St, after the NCAA loss to WSU shouldn't have been ranked ahead of the Shox in the 1st place.
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          I don't know much about this site, but Basketball State has WSU #3 http://www.bbstate.com/
                          The Shockers have improved to #2 in the Basketball State ratings.

Comment

• Seth Davis has Florida jumping us on his ballot and keeps us at #6...

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                              Seth Davis has Florida jumping us on his ballot and keeps us at #6...
                              He had Florida ahead of us last week. We moved up from 7 to 6 on this week's ballot.

Comment

• Rick Bozich moves us to #6 this week (up from 8 last week).

Dave Borges moves us to #7 this week (up from 8 last week).

As previously mentioned, Seth Davis moves us up to 6 this week (up from 7 last week).

Small sample size, obviously, but so far there is no reason to doubt we will be #5 tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X