Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockerbasketball21 View Post
    With KU losing and a WSU win we could be the top ranked team in the state.
    We were already the best team in the state. So being the top ranked team in the state gives us more legitimacy nationally.

Comment

• So with KU losing to Colorado and Mizzou beating UCLA does that mean that Parrish is going to push us down to #22/23 in his next top 25 and 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
        So with KU losing to Colorado and Mizzou beating UCLA does that mean that Parrish is going to push us down to #22/23 in his next top 25 and 1?
        http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...rankings/top25
        No. He just reshuffles the top 8. Everybody else just stay put.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
          So with KU losing to Colorado and Mizzou beating UCLA does that mean that Parrish is going to push us down to #22/23 in his next top 25 and 1?
          http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...rankings/top25
          Gee, how could WSU not move down? They were down eight at halftime against ORU in CKA.

Comment

• So what are we thinking...#9 maybe #8 come Monday?????
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              So what are we thinking...#9 maybe #8 come Monday?????
              Probably the same place we are now. They wouldn't dare frop KU out of the top 10.... heaven forbid...

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                So what are we thinking...#9 maybe #8 come Monday?????
                I don't see much room to move up. We probably move ahead of KU but might get passed by UCONN, Nova, or both.

Comment

• I bet that even at 9-0 we get bumped down a spot or two as everyone shuffles in front.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    Probably the same place we are now. They wouldn't dare frop KU out of the top 10.... heaven forbid...
                    Lol I hear ya. Depends on how much the alumns are paying the voters. Lol
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I've been watching the cover pages of the main websites and I've noticed no mention of Wichita State's wins over the last few games. It's pissing me off. Who cares if Ohio State beats Binghamton? It almost looks coordinated to me because it's common place.

In my opinion, any team with two losses shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 and any team with one loss shouldn't be in the top 5. Teams like Ohio State haven't played anybody....look at their lame schedule. It's a joke!

Another thing...I used to respect Gary Parrish but now it seems as though these ranking are based on what the potential of a team is and not actual results. It wouldn't surprise me to see him plug Colorado into the top 10 ahead of us based on their recent win over a Kansas team that should be ranked around 15 due to two losses and a near defeat to UTEP.

Comment

• One more thing...

Congrats to the Redturds for beating Dayton. Nice win even though I can't stand their program. The Valley needs to get better and wins like this help. Too bad UNI couldn't seal the deal yesterday....that would have been great. We have to schedule tough OCC because we simply can't count on the Valley teams to be in the top 100 rpi's anymore. It sucks to put it bluntly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                          http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ill-developing

I've been watching the cover pages of the main websites and I've noticed no mention of Wichita State's wins over the last few games. It's pissing me off. Who cares if Ohio State beats Binghamton? It almost looks coordinated to me because it's common place.

In my opinion, any team with two losses shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 and any team with one loss shouldn't be in the top 5. Teams like Ohio State haven't played anybody....look at their lame schedule. It's a joke!

Another thing...I used to respect Gary Parrish but now it seems as though these ranking are based on what the potential of a team is and not actual results. It wouldn't surprise me to see him plug Colorado into the top 10 ahead of us based on their recent win over a Kansas team that should be ranked around 15 due to two losses and a near defeat to UTEP.
                          At this point in the season more people care about Ohio State wins than Wichita State wins. Everyone is playing to the audience. we won't get much love this week, and I wouldn't be surprised to even see us slip a little in the polls (11th or 12th). Beat Tennessee and everyone will be talking about us again. Only a handful of undefeated teams remain.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I've been watching the cover pages of the main websites and I've noticed no mention of Wichita State's wins over the last few games. It's pissing me off. Who cares if Ohio State beats Binghamton? It almost looks coordinated to me because it's common place.

You got it half right. For the BCS schools being in the top 10 requires two things. The name on your jersey and your potential - especially the teams with the wunderkind one and dones (KU, Duke, Arizona, Kentucky). For the Wichita States of the world it's what you have done and who you have beaten. Now I will concede that this year we have gotten mileage out of what we did last year, and so far we have done nothing to hurt us or take that away. But, we also had to win the CBE and beat SLU on the road to stay there and move up. Any slip with Tennessee or Alabama and we will fall like a rock.

In between us and them are teams like Villanova who are exceeding expectations in the power conferences and have better opportunities to perform than we do. Those are the teams that will leap frog us and even push us down a little, even when we don't lose.

There isn't much room for us to improve in the polls the rest of the way unless we win EVERY Valley game by double digits. I expect us to drop one here or there, so 9-11, maybe 8 is the best we will see unless we destroy everything in our path the rest of the way..

Comment

• RealTime RPI as of 12:30 Sunday

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The Doug Gottlieb effect?

I too have lost a lot of respect with ol' Gary. He doesn't like Marshall though so that clouds his judgment.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X