Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks awesome!

Comment

• I'm glad there is still room for us to move up as long as we keep winning.

Comment

• The Top 10 is serious big time. enjoy it, folks.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• IMO your assessment that Syracuse will beat Nova is spot on; however, I am not sure Kentucky will beat Louisville.

Comment

• All I know is 1 of the 2 will lose, and Toledo will lose in Lawrence so IF, repeat IF, WSU brings their A game against Davidson there will be no more than 7 teams on that list entering the new year.

Comment

• Top 2% folks
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Realtime RPI changes from Monday morning to Tuesday morning:

Realtime RPI #6 to #7 .6701 to .6718 SOS #65 to #49
                Team Power #7 to #6 SOS 111
                RPIforecast #13 #13 ???? to .6145 SOS #146
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                    Only four of the top ten have a loss and they are all ahead of us. Only on name recognition are they ahead of us in my opinion.
                    I can't think of a single good argument for us to be ahead of anyone else in the Top 10. I feel we are pretty fortunate to be where we are at right now.

Comment

• There may be some name recognition holding us back, but we dont have a signature win. We have a lot of solid wins.

If we had a win against a ranked opponent, we would be looking a lot better.

I cant say we should be ahead of anyone else.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
                        I can't think of a single good argument for us to be ahead of anyone else in the Top 10. I feel we are pretty fortunate to be where we are at right now.
                        We just need to settle in, enjoy the season from here on out and let the team take care of their business.

If they keep winning, no doubt, the debate about whether we deserve our ranking, and the debate over seeding in the tournament will occur. The ONLY thing we need to focus on are the games immediately in front of us.

In time, the games will be played in the MVC, St. Louis and the tourney. Those games will settle the debates.

The worst thing we can do as fans is run our mouths on Twitter and elsewhere and set the team up for a beat down if/when they lose a game here or there.

GO SHOX!!
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• 3. Wichita State is in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll for the first time since 2006. Product of a soft schedule or worthy move up the polls?

Katz: Worthy. Wichita State tried but couldn't land a better slate. The CBE Hall of Fame Classic wasn't bad, with Wichita State scoring a quality win over BYU. The Shockers pass the eye test. This team looks the part and is deeper, more able to score points and tougher on defense than the Final Four team from last season.

Brennan: Seeing as they've already beaten BYU, Saint Louis (on the road), Tennessee and Alabama (same), I don't know how anyone could accuse the Shockers of having a soft schedule. It's a solid schedule -- and Wichita State is really, really good.

Medcalf: Well, the Shockers have benefited from their schedule. But they're not alone in that. Plus, this squad might be better than the one that reached the Final Four but its schedule might not allow it to prove that until March. I think they're top-10 good.
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            The worst thing we can do as fans is run our mouths on Twitter and elsewhere and set the team up for a beat down if/when they lose a game here or there.

GO SHOX!!
                            Amen!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Can anyone remember if Syracuse, LSU, or George Mason ranked when we beat them in 2006?

Comment

• 3. Wichita State is in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll for the first time since 2006. Product of a soft schedule or worthy move up the polls?
                                There will come a time to question WSU's SOS relative to their record. The fact that it is happening now is asinine. Mostly because it is not a question being asked of teams AHEAD of WSU in the Top 10 with WORSE SOS and/or losses.

SOS Away Neutral Loss
                                Arizona 97 2-0 2-0 0
                                Syracuse 25 1-0 3-0 0
                                Ohio St 86 1-0 1-0 0
                                Wisconsin 6 2-0 3-0 0
                                Mich. St 28 1-0 4-0 1
                                Louisville 145 1-0 1-1 1
                                Okie St. 50 1-0 4-1 1
                                Nova 61 1-0 3-0 0
                                Duke 85 0-0 2-2 2
                                WSU 53 3-0 3-0 0

If one wants to make a case against a team based on SOS, that is fine. If one wants to make a case against a team based on Win/Loss record, that is fine.

WSU is a deserving member of the Top 10 based on those arguments. Certainly so when you consider teams ranked ahead of them (see Louisville) and (see also: DUKE with no road games, a SOS 30 points lower, AND 2 losses).

Making a case based on jersey name and then putting it in the guise of a SOS argument is deceitful.

Comment

Working...
                                X