Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    Top 10 two years in a row.

Surely it will pay off on a top 100 some day soon. Won't it?
    Paging Seventh Woods...Seventh Woods please report to Koch Arena...
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I don't get the big deal to get top 100 type recruits. Are they better students, better human beings, better representatives of the University? Sure they may have more developed skills but at what cost to other intangibles? May be there has been discussions with top 100 type athletes but were deemed at the time as being too much work or would not "fit" with the other players. I Like the players WSU currently has on its roster no matter what their "star rating". These are great young men and play basketball the way it should be played according to Robert Knight. Let the others play wet nurse to the one and dones I'm proud and happy with what we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Keep posting RDR. I appreciate your quirky posts.

Some time back I saw a bright red Panamera S with Kansas personalized tag "RDR". Would that be you? If so, very nice mode of transport.

And I like topical lotions.
        Sorry, I wish. LS460.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Sorry, I wish. LS460.
          Here's my wish...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I don't get the big deal to get top 100 type recruits. Are they better students, better human beings, better representatives of the University? Sure they may have more developed skills but at what cost to other intangibles? May be there has been discussions with top 100 type athletes but were deemed at the time as being too much work or would not "fit" with the other players. I Like the players WSU currently has on its roster no matter what their "star rating". These are great young men and play basketball the way it should be played according to Robert Knight. Let the others play wet nurse to the one and dones I'm proud and happy with what we have.
            Top 100 does not exclude character. Non-top 100 does not guarantee character. I think we need to quit pretending that our options are "quality people willing to play team ball" vs "selfish jerks that are ranked as really good basketball players".

I hope Marshall continues to look for the best basketball players he can get while simultaneously weeding out the low character, selfish types. If he can find talented, high character guys in the top 100 group, I'm all for it.

Comment

• See Fred VanVleet. More guys like that.

Comment

What is your point?

Should all comments be topical? If so, define topical.
                I was referring to you laughing at the JH4P "locator ping" which I thought was funny because it reminded me of the locator ping of the black box in the search for that darned missing plane. Which I then made a joke about a "JH4P locator ping" being topical to what seems to be running rampant on cable news stations.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• All my 'ping' locators are broken...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Here's my wish...

Rollin' in dough.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Kaspar's ballot was even more interesting. Kaspar had Wichita State at No. 1. The Shockers were undefeated for the year until losing to Kentucky in the third round of the NCAA tournament.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Noticed that on Boeheim's ballot, after listing the F4 teams 1-4, his best team at #5 that didn't make the F4 was Wichita State.

Comment

• Where they ranked the Shockers -

Tommy Amaker - 13
                          Randy Bennett - 4
                          Jim Boeheim - 5
                          Rick Byrd - 4
                          Scott Cherry - 10
                          Tim Cluess - 8
                          Keith Dambrot - 6
                          James Dickey - 5
                          Scott Drew - Unranked (OU 18, KU 15, Duke 13)
                          Matt Driscoll - 13
                          Steve Fisher - 7
                          Bruiser Flint - 8
                          Tim Floyd - 3
                          Mark Fox - 8
                          John Gallagher - 8
                          George Ivory - 5
                          Ben Jacobson - 7
                          Rob Jeter - 17
                          Danny Kaspar - 1
                          Mike McConathy - 3
                          Greg McDermott - 10
                          Bob McKillop - 9
                          Rob Mitchell - 5
                          Matt Painter - 8
                          Dave Paulsen - 5
                          Saul Phillips - 9
                          Randy Rahe - 12
                          Herb Sendek - 8
                          Shaka Smart - 5
                          Andrew Toole - 6
                          Don Verlin - 5
                          Bob Williams - 6

Comment

• Little surprised by Smart's ranking. Perhaps tensions are cooling....

Drew's voting skills seem to match his coaching skills pretty well.

Lots of respect these days. Lots of believers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Drew's voting skills seem to match his coaching skills pretty well.
                              I wonder if this is simply an oversight or maybe there's some hard feelings from the scrimmage last fall in OKC?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                I wonder if this is simply an oversight or maybe there's some hard feelings from the scrimmage last fall in OKC?
                                He can't be happy that word leaked out that we had our way with his team.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X