Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has GREG MARSHALL BENCHED CHADRACK LUFILE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when has the coach benched Chadrack ? He played the last game. If a player is underperforming , (and Lufile is) you cannot expect the coach to give him very many minutes. I like Chadrack alot too because he is a bruiser and is accurate with his shots (when he takes them). I believe that he will be great next year,but he needs to step up to the level that the other bench players have recently.

Comment

Thus far, Hall is more of a Rodman than Lufile is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
        We should build a border fence to keep out all those Canadian basketball players. :tennis:
        I think we could let Andrew through as long as he plays for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
          We should build a border fence to keep out all those Canadian basketball players. :tennis:
          I think we could let Andrew through as long as he plays for us.

Comment

Chadrack is a great kid and he works very hard. He was really making progress there for a few games when Carl got hurt but it seems like he's been less effective the past few games. I think that it's his responsibility to show that he is a high Div. I player. He seems to be lacking some aggressiveness the past few games. His 3-4 rebounds last game was his only good point that I've seen for a while. I think that he has a world of potential for the future. I hope that he doesn't listen to this schmuck and quits trying to improve.

Comment

Well ... this thread has definitely helped me get thru a long morning working up at the bank. LOL'n at this clown ... we get it, you love CL and are blind to everything else happening with this team. No one here hates Candadians (I think) ... and no one here hates CL ... move on or do whatever else the hell you do, or keep postin to get me thru the 2nd half of my work day.
              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                Well ... this thread has definitely helped me get thru a long morning working up at the bank. LOL'n at this clown ... we get it, you love CL and are blind to everything else happening with this team. No one here hates Candadians (I think) ... and no one here hates CL ... move on or do whatever else the hell you do, or keep postin to get me thru the 2nd half of my work day.
                I feel your work pain.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Lufile has played his way to the end of the bench. I think has game has actually regressed since early in the season. He's not crisp on his switches on D. His man gets behind him and scores.

After the UE game, Marshall made a broadcast comment to Kennedy that was (approximately), "Then CJ gets an open look from 3' and left it 18 inches short".

Far from benching Lufile, Marshall has Early working out at SF, so he can play Orukpe, Hall, and Early together. That means he's relying more on Lufile to be the backup for Orukpe instead of Hall. By March, I think the hoped for front court rotations would be

C - Orukpe/Lufile
                  PF - Hall/White
                  SF - Early/Wiggins

We're just now getting to the point in the season where JuCo guys finally start understanding the D1 game and get the JuCo games out of their systems.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I don't get it. Chadrack is soft. I don't know if it's because he is adjusting to the D1 game, or is a confidence issue. When he gets in the game, he doesn't show any sort of aggressiveness, offensive skills have been ho-hum and I don't see any passion whatsoever. But if you are going to be a player who can't break down other players due to a combination of athletic talent and basketball skill, then I would expect that player go into 'beast mode' on defense, out-hustle the competition and show some passion and excitement. I'm hoping the light bulb turns on quickly as I know the guy has a some sleeping giant in him. Until then, case closed.

Comment

Chadrack hasn't looked real comfortable in the last few games, could be him having problems with his back, really don't know. With the return of "The Beast" I don't expect his PT to increase unless he can really impress coaches in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        I don't get it. Chadrack is soft. I don't know if it's because he is adjusting to the D1 game, or is a confidence issue. When he gets in the game, he doesn't show any sort of aggressiveness, offensive skills have been ho-hum and I don't see any passion whatsoever. But if you are going to be a player who can't break down other players due to a combination of athletic talent and basketball skill, then I would expect that player go into 'beast mode' on defense, out-hustle the competition and show some passion and excitement. I'm hoping the light bulb turns on quickly as I know the guy has a some sleeping giant in him. Until then, case closed.
                        I don't think "soft" is legitimate. Confused is more what I see. Still trying to get the system down. But he's not soft.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I don't think "soft" is legitimate. Confused is more what I see. Still trying to get the system down. But he's not soft.
                          Could be 3G has told the guys to try to avoid foul trouble and CJ may have backed off a little too much. Not sure if his back problems have been an issue or not.

I don't see CJ ever being a go to guy or a guy we depend on heavily, but I think he can and will be a very effective backup 5 for us. We will definitely need good minutes out of CJ next year in which I assume he will backup Kadeem. If he works hard and wins the starting job then all credit will be due to CJ. Right now I don't see that happening, but the big guys seem to progress a little slower than the guards and SF's do.

Comment

What does nationality have to do with it .

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                            I believe Coach GM doesn't like Canadian ballers. Both Wiggins and CJ are not getting their playing time and showing how good Canadians can play. If the word got out, less American players would get less playing time and be overtaken by the Canadians. GM is doing the right thing by recruiting the Canadian players and benching them so the Americans can play more. I know EO is not from America but he's not Canadian so that's why he has played more minutes than CJ. Now if only the Shockers can get Wiggin's brother who is the #1 recruit and bench him, it would be a great day for America and Shocker Nation.
                            Why would you say that ? Either you are paranoid or you think that coach Marshall is an anti-canadian biggot..Where they live has NOTHING to do with how good they are PERIOD! If that were the case then explain Erukpe. You sound delusional. What makes Canadian players any better than American ? Talent is talent regardless of where it comes from ,and Canada has not cornered the basketball world lmao! It is you who sound like an anti-american biggot. You seem to have this kind of magical thinking that is not even based on reality.Get real.

Comment

Idiocracy is REAL!!!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                                Why would you say that ? Either you are paranoid or you think that coach Marshall is an anti-canadian biggot..Where they live has NOTHING to do with how good they are PERIOD! If that were the case then explain Erukpe. You sound delusional. What makes Canadian players any better than American ? Talent is talent regardless of where it comes from ,and Canada has not cornered the basketball world lmao! It is you who sound like an anti-american biggot. You seem to have this kind of magical thinking that is not even based on reality.Get real.
                                True read the thread before you post. This thread is a joke as well as what I said. Sheeeesh. Idiocracy doesn't even begin to descibe this whole thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X