Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has GREG MARSHALL BENCHED CHADRACK LUFILE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Shocker games have you seen this year @Grindtography?
    In the fast lane

Comment

1. Grow up - yes, have some.
      2. Don't take a coaching job - none of the posters here are the coach.
      3. I'm sure the coach could care less - not careless - you are likely correct on that one.
      4. It's nice Chadrack played with/against the "best freshman." It is not held against him. Evan played with Perry for 3 years - he played very little his first year in division 1 also - despite playing with Perry for 3 years.
      5. Very few juco come in and make a big impact the first year in division 1. It is a learning process, and sometimes patience is required - see Joe Ragland, Carl Hall, Ehime Orukpe among others.
      6. Offensive rebounding, though important, is not the only stat or intangible.
      7. Nobody is being "crucified" on the bench.
      8. Please stop embarrassing Chadrack.

Comment

Really???
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

if the poster didnt like Chadrick's minutes before hes going to hate them now that Carl is back.

I think Chadrick is talented. But a few offensive rebounds isnt the reason he should or should not be playing. EO isnt the greatest rebounder, we all can probably admit that. He has problems catching the ball. But I believe we are still one of the best rebounding teams in the country. I also believe our defense wouldnt be near as good as it is without EO back there as a shot blocker. Even the threat of him back there helps our D. Chadrick definitely would not be that same threat or put the same fear in others teams. And from what I understand the red shirt center sitting out this year is just as much of a threat to block shots. So thats another guy Chadrick will have to beat out for pt next year.

Comment

Grind,

You can't cherry pick the games and stats. Even though Chadrack has had those couple of games, he has also had the following:

So Miss. 19 min 2 reb (1O 1D)
            Howard 10 min 2 reb (1O 1D)

And in Valley play so far
            UNI 11 min 0 reb
            Drake 11 Min 1 reb (0O 1D)
            Bradley 11 Min 1 reb (0O 1D)
            SIU 9 min 1 reb (1O 0D)

These games led into
            Evansville 4 min 3 reb (1O 2D)

Leading up to Evansville he has been getting minutes but not producing as well as he can. Someone earlier mentioned possible back issues that could be limiting him.

Comment

Lufile does what he is asked to do. If he doesn't, well he gets to talk with the coaches on the bench. He will do what it takes to help the team, just like everyone else on it. It is a TEAM, not an individual sport. Family members should never come on here. They will only get butt hurt in the long run. Not everyone can be happy all the time. Heck, I don't think anyone, with the exception of @forevershockerfan: is happy all the time. That guy has no unhappy part to him.

Comment

watch more games rthering than deciphering box scores and you'll see why he isn't getting minutes. I thik chadrack will be a good player, he's still trying to figure it out.

Comment

I do like how this guy stressed that defense wins championships and then proceeds to talk about offensive rebounds (Lufile) and scoring (Wiggins). He tries to throw Ehimen under the bus (major defensive weapon in the paint) as well as Tekele (best defender on the team). How is anyone supposed to take this guy seriously?

I think CJ has potential to be a valuable asset. Maybe his back is still bothering him even though we haven't heard anything about that. Maybe he just hasn't adjusted completely. I think next year he'll be a valuable asset coming off of the bench and be an important part of our depth and winning the MVC and making a run in the Dance. But as of right now, from what we've seen on the court, he's not better or more deserving of PT than Hall, Ehimen, Early or White. That's how I see it. We knew coming in he wasn't quite as polished or ready as the other JC guys.

Speaking of Wiggins though, I hope he figures out the D and effort thing as I'd love to see him on the court more as a shooter and slasher. I thought he'd be seeing more PT by this point before the season started. But again, even next year, he'll be a big piece to the puzzle of winning a lot of games and taking over this conference.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is this thread about the coach who has had his name mentioned by several national publications as a coach of the year candidate?

Is it about why CL hasn't managed to put it all together yet?
                    • To those who have watched a lot of Shocker basketball:
                      • There are glaring differences between how Wiggins and CL perform vs. the standard HCGM expects.
                    • On the other hand, if I spend a day watching NBA or most College Basketball
                      • Wiggins and CL perform to a pretty average standard.
                    • Therefore, I can understand why this clown doesn't get it. He has not watched this for 10 plus years as we have
                    • WSU wins by consistently following a formula that starts with defense
                    • I still expect both players to be prominent figures before it is all said in done. They are good players with much higher ceilings. Heart goes a long way…

Comment

Originally posted by Grindtography.com View Post
                      [COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=system][SIZE=3]
                      THE TOP REBOUNDER IN THE NCAA D1 AVERAGES 11.9 rebs (Chadrack 10 rebs and 12 rebs in his only 20 mins opportunities) and im sure they are getting rewarded for their efforts.
                      So statistically we are supposed to conveniently ignore his 19 minute game where he only had 2 rebounds? And we are supposed to ignore the six other games where he had 9 to 14 minutes and had a total of 8 rebounds across all six games? For an average of just above 1 rebound per game. But you are comparing him to the best rebounder in the NCAA league.

And that isn't a slam on Chadrack, I really like how he is giving EO good minutes. That's a slam on YOU for coming up with stupid stats and indirectly slamming EO.

Just stop.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Statistical Facts

Indeed, Chadrack is a good rebounder of the basketball. Only White grabs a higher percentage of the DEFENSIVE rebounds available to him. White is 26.6%; Lufile 19.9% and Orukpe 18.1%.

Where the OP speaks with emotion rather than facts is on the OFFENSIVE end where Orukpe leads with 13.8%; Hall 13.0%; Early 11.9% and then Chadrack with 9.1%.

Combined, White is 16.5%; EO is 16.1%; Hall is 15.6% and Lufile is 14.9%.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                          I believe Coach GM doesn't like Canadian ballers. Both Wiggins and CJ are not getting their playing time and showing how good Canadians can play. If the word got out, less American players would get less playing time and be overtaken by the Canadians. GM is doing the right thing by recruiting the Canadian players and benching them so the Americans can play more. I know EO is not from America but he's not Canadian so that's why he has played more minutes than CJ. Now if only the Shockers can get Wiggin's brother who is the #1 recruit and bench him, it would be a great day for America and Shocker Nation.
                          We should build a border fence to keep out all those Canadian basketball players. :tennis:

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                            We should build a border fence to keep out all those Canadian basketball players. :tennis:
                            Forget the fence. I want hundreds of drones and thousands of heavily armed military personnel patroling our northern border. We can't be having those Canucks coming here!!!
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

In the four MVC games prior to Evansville:

CJ played 42 minutes: FGs 1-8, Reb 3, Blocks 1, Points 3

EO played 105 minutes: FGs 14-20, Reb 30, Blocks 16, Points 29

So, take CJ's minutes times 2.5 to make up for the minute difference if you wish. Both played the same opponents, yet here was NO comparison in stats.

Please don't use CJ's 2 games against 2 weak teams to puff out his stats. Those 2 games respresent only 28% of his playing time, but are 55% of his scoring and 40% of his rebounds. They were also games EO either missed or played little due to injury, so we have no idea what a healthy EO would have done against those 2.

CJ is a valuable assest to this team and I hope his recent lack of production has been due to his back, however, if it isn't......

Comment

DOFO should be feeling really good today. Not often do we have a poster make him look like Einstein.

Comment

Working...
                                X