Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has GREG MARSHALL BENCHED CHADRACK LUFILE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think he was hurt. We did not have any room for error during the tourney. Lucille doesn't play interior defense, and as we all know, if you can't play D, you won't play for Marshall. Personally, I do not believe he can improve enough to play in Marshall's system, though a couple of Canucks who posted on this thread might disagree.

He might be a stand-up guy, but he can't play enough D to help us. If we have to say g'bye to someone if we're one over, I think he will be the guy. A senior who has not improved and can't play D. Pretty easy call.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      I don't think he was hurt. We did not have any room for error during the tourney. Lucille doesn't play interior defense, and as we all know, if you can't play D, you won't play for Marshall. Personally, I do not believe he can improve enough to play in Marshall's system, though a couple of Canucks who posted on this thread might disagree.

He might be a stand-up guy, but he can't play enough D to help us. If we have to say g'bye to someone if we're one over, I think he will be the guy. A senior who has not improved and can't play D. Pretty easy call.
      So why does GM bring in guys who don't adhere to his system? Was he desperate for bodies? Or was he just gambling? Wiggins fits the bill too.

Comment

• I agree with shocka khan. Carl Hall, by his play, has set the standard for effort under the basket, and Lufile just can not measure up to that standard. We all know that Coach values and stresses rebounding, and I think he will not settle for someone average in play. Would you play a player that hurts the team overall by his play, especially at the end of the season when the games are so important to win?

Comment

• He was in the rotation until White started performing "better." There is no more playing time right now. Just as with Baker back, somebody else's time may suffer (or a few). The players that give us the best chance to win a particular game are on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            So why does GM bring in guys who don't adhere to his system? Was he desperate for bodies? Or was he just gambling? Wiggins fits the bill too.
            Marshall does not gamble and he does not recruit players who he does not believe have the necessary tools to start in his system.

It is very difficult to judge a recruit's ability to learn and assimilate new skills and their ability to execute those lessons in the course of a D1 game in front of 10,000 fans. Not all players (and npot all recruits) learn, assimilate, and execute in games in the same time frames. There will always be some who do not possess the abil;ity to assimilate everything necessary to play in a given system. There is no crystal ball that identifies those players before they are shown the lessons they are required to learn.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• May not want to overthin this one. As @vancedave56: points out it probably is just a matter of not enough minutes to go around. There for a while it looked like Jake was going to be the odd man out and CJ taking the minutes, but Jake pulled it together down the stretch at CJ's expense. Whether CJ will be able to step it up and grab some minutes next year remains to be seen.

At this point we aren't over the scholarship limit unless we sign someone late are we? 4 graduating, 4 coming in at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                May not want to overthin this one. As @vancedave56: points out it probably is just a matter of not enough minutes to go around. There for a while it looked like Jake was going to be the odd man out and CJ taking the minutes, but Jake pulled it together down the stretch at CJ's expense. Whether CJ will be able to step it up and grab some minutes next year remains to be seen.

At this point we aren't over the scholarship limit unless we sign someone late are we? 4 graduating, 4 coming in at this point.
                Coleby also goes on scholarship.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  Coleby also goes on scholarship.
                  Okay, I wondered what I was missing. Forgot he was not on scholarship this year. Thanks trop.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                    He was in the rotation until White started performing "better." There is no more playing time right now. Just as with Baker back, somebody else's time may suffer (or a few). The players that give us the best chance to win a particular game are on the floor.
                    Ron Baker's minutes came largely at the expense of Nick Wiggins. Jake's minutes at the expense of CJ. Pretty simple....
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Note that, in my opinion, anyone who is recruited is a gamble. You hope that their chemistry works with the other players, you can scout, but the difference between JUCO and D-1 is pretty big. I don't think that Lufile intended to fail (if he has) and I don't think he was brought in here out of desperation.

HCGM will probably make mistakes from time to time. He will bring guys in thinking they will fit in and, for what ever reason, they will not. If HCGM has to ask one player to leave in the years he has been here, he is certainly a vast improvement over Turgeon, who seemed to be a revolving door for players.

I'm going to say that my opinion is somewhat limited, from watching the Shocks play maybe one game in person and on cable and ESPN 3 whenever possible, but what I have observed is that he looks absolutely over his head when he's in the game playing D. If someone has a different perspective, I would like to hear it.

It may be like Jake White, who can nail 3 pointer after 3 pointer iin practice, but can't seem to find his stroke in the game.

Comment

• I am wondering if a few might be a little over optimistic about the big men coming in next year. While CL has some limitations he is a much needed big body that can defend in the paint and rebound. We will have scorers so all he has to do is fill the same role EO has for us this year. I believe he is a valuable asset and could be a solid contributor next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by garylee View Post
                          I am wondering if a few might be a little over optimistic about the big men coming in next year. While CL has some limitations he is a much needed big body that can defend in the paint and rebound. We will have scorers so all he has to do is fill the same role EO has for us this year. I believe he is a valuable asset and could be a solid contributor next year.
                          Can he defend the paint? That's been an issue for him this year. And if it's going to be an issue for someone, I'd rather it be a FR with much upside. He still may be a valuable asset, but I'm not holding my breath.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• K. Coleby - not overrated. He'll be the best big man in the league, mark it down. Early will be the best 3-4 in the league - he already is.

White - as long as he realizes defense and rebounding gets him in the game, he's a fantastic add on, at a minimum.

That's 3. We need more.

Shaq is learning what it takes to compete. He's about to get a quantum leap forward in the learning curve. If he'll accept and embrace the challenge, he takes off from day 1. There will be no redshirt for this young man.

That's 4. Watson and Lufile are big question marks at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              K. Coleby - not overrated. He'll be the best big man in the league, mark it down. Early will be the best 3-4 in the league - he already is.

White - as long as he realizes defense and rebounding gets him in the game, he's a fantastic add on, at a minimum.

That's 3. We need more.

Shaq is learning what it takes to compete. He's about to get a quantum leap forward in the learning curve. If he'll accept and embrace the challenge, he takes off from day 1. There will be no redshirt for this young man.

That's 4. Watson and Lufile are big question marks at this time.
                              Coleby is definitely the real deal.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Lufile has a year under his belt and a whole off-season to train and get better. I expect him to pick up some of the slack next year and be a better contributor. He now knows what it takes to get on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X