Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man. Makes me sad. Probably a dollars and cents issue. We will have trouble keeping anyone super worth while until our NIL is somewhat competitive with P5 schools. Particularly guys Mills did not recruit.

Comment

• I'm not sure he'll be as in demand as he or some fans think.

He's going to have to be willing to be mostly a spot up shooter for a good team. He doesn't have the handles or play making ability to be given near as much freedom as he was here and he's a defensive liability.

Also, I'm not surprised and am okay with it.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
        Man. Makes me sad. Probably a dollars and cents issue. We will have trouble keeping anyone super worth while until our NIL is somewhat competitive with P5 schools. Particularly guys Mills did not recruit.
        Quincy might beg your pardon.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Quincy might beg your pardon.
          I think you are right, and I am happy about that for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            It's easy to say this once he's in the portal, but don't think Colby leaving is the end of the world. You could make an argument that Quincy's skillset would be harder to replace. Clear as day that we need a scorer, and multiple reputable D1 shooters (we now have 0). Hopefully we get an upgrade on defense from his position.
            I agree about Quincy, but we now have no proven perimeter makers on this team. It's much easier to find one more decent shooter to compliment your sniper, but not so easy to replace a 41% 3-point shooter, plus acquire another competent one.

Comment

• With due respect to Colby, keeping QB is more important imo.

Comment

• Colby leaving tells me he likely would have left last year if he could have without penalty.

Comment

• I forget what is the rule? Will CR have to sit out a year because he’s already transferred? I can’t keep all the gobbledygook rules straight. Having said that…neither him or IA leaving surprises me in the least…in fact, I predicted both would leave awhile back. QB leaving would be a surprise…but, i don’t think that’s the purpose of his “big announcement”. I think he will ultimately return.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I agree about Quincy, but we now have no proven perimeter makers on this team. It's much easier to find one more decent shooter to compliment your sniper, but not so easy to replace a 41% 3-point shooter, plus acquire another competent one.
                    Agreed. Both are important. Finding anybody who can hit shots like Colby was hitting is not easy. And if you think somebody on our roster is going to come back with greatly improved numbers you are probably deluding yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      I forget what is the rule? Will CR have to sit out a year because he’s already transferred? I can’t keep all the gobbledygook rules straight. Having said that…neither him or IA leaving surprises me in the least…in fact, I predicted both would leave awhile back. QB leaving would be a surprise…but, i don’t think that’s the purpose of his “big announcement”. I think he will ultimately return.
                      There's no penalty for any transfer this year.

Comment

• Colby was one of two we HAD to keep. Only player with shooting gravity. If we don't replace him with someone of equal shooting ability we will be worse next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Colby was one of two we HAD to keep. Only player with shooting gravity. If we don't replace him with someone of equal shooting ability we will be worse next year
                          100%. He is WAYYYYY more important than some are giving him credit for. That's a lot of offense to replace on a team that sometimes found it difficult to score. Especially from the perimeter. Now teams can just sag and pack the lane if we don't find another 40% 3pt shooter (or close to it)

Now picture XB or HB driving the lane.....lol
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• The only thing I find funny for anyone is the need to announce that they will announce something later.

Why not just make the announcement whatever it is?

Comment

• I am officially depressed. Crap!

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                                The only thing I find funny for anyone is the need to announce that they will announce something later.

Why not just make the announcement whatever it is?
                                I think he should announce on Friday that Monday he will have a big announcement.

Comment

Working...
                                X