Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, commitments are on a year-to-year basis. I would prefer for players to have to recommit every year vs. giving this facade when they commit that it'll be longer than for just one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We've struggled to get shooters to Wichita so finding 2 instead of just needing one isn't good
      I think there should be three shooters on the floor at all times to run modern offense. If there's one thing HCPM's teams have always featured it's good shooting.

If he can't find shooters this offseason his days will be numbered anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I think there should be three shooters on the floor at all times to run modern offense. If there's one thing HCPM's teams have always featured it's good shooting.
        Maybe. Then Mills is going to have to show he can bring those shooters here. Which means much better recruiting than he showed last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

They don't turn it over much either....oops. lol

Seriously though, it was year 1 with some players not recruited by him and some that were. We will see what he does with this offseason. Definitely critical not to miss too many times.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Our perimeter players are a disaster. Cortes is the only one that provides much of anything. Right now we have no shooters and maybe one serviceable to okay PG.

Comment

• I suppose we can look at it this way. The three guys who've left the team that were on it at the start of the school year are all guys Mills didn't recruit. So this gives him three more chances to bring in his guys.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Our perimeter players are a disaster. Cortes is the only one that provides much of anything. Right now we have no shooters and maybe one serviceable to okay PG.
                And Cortes only provided anything for a very small subset of the games he played

Comment

• Not that it matters much, but apparently Mcbride is also in the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                    Not that it matters much, but apparently Mcbride is also in the portal.
                    He’ll end up at Duke.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                      Not that it matters much, but apparently Mcbride is also in the portal.
                      Time to shut the program down

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        I suppose we can look at it this way. The three guys who've left the team that were on it at the start of the school year are all guys Mills didn't recruit. So this gives him three more chances to bring in his guys.
                        That’s true. Sometimes players just want to play for who they got recruited from. It’s not like Rogers had a bond with Mills and chose to stay. After a losing season like we had, it must’ve been frustrating, and voices in his ear would’ve been easy to convince him to go elsewhere.

why stay to play for a coach you didn’t recruit you after a terrible season and receive minimal NIL?

the story writes itself. Ballard is different bc he got developed a whole lot more than you can argue Rogers got developed. He was already an ace shooter (which is something we haven’t had for a LONG time)

Comment

• KS just posted on fb. Needs 5000 shocker fans to contribute an ADDITIONAL $500 annually for NIL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Maybe. Then Mills is going to have to show he can bring those shooters here. Which means much better recruiting than he showed last year.
                            I'm withholding my Mills pessimism until the 2024-25 roster is in place haha

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              KS just posted on fb. Needs 5000 shocker fans to contribute an ADDITIONAL $500 annually for NIL.
                              I just did. Was already planning on it but just hadn't gotten around to it.

Step up people. Or accept mediocrity
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• There isn't much of a bright side to this, but...

That will free up some PT for Williams and Pipkin.

Not my first pick, but that's one less player in their last year of eligibility nest year and more opporutunties for some younger guys. The fact that Ighovodja dna Bamaba aren't in the portal (yet) might mean Mills sees some potential there.

A hot shooting wing who can compete with Beverly for serious minutes, a young(er) post player a PF and a PG look like the priorities now. Just that requires another portal entry.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X