Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Colby's handles compare to many former Shockers. Thinking Bowman, Kelly, Durley, etc
    A total bad straw man comparison. Durley played a 5 man post who shot the 3 from the top of the key, but never needed guard handles. Tell me why Durley needed handles like Rogers does. Kelly was a 4 man who mostly played next to the basket. Limited wing play. Bowman just wasn’t very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

A total bad straw man comparison. Durley played a 5 man post who shot the 3 from the top of the key, but never needed guard handles. Tell me why Durley needed handles like Rogers does. Kelly was a 4 man who mostly played next to the basket. Limited wing play. Bowman just wasn’t very good.
      He was a good enough rebounder to play 5 years in the NBA and 1 in the ABA. Won't take the argument any further, however.

Comment

• Just a reminder that Rogers in the transfer portal does not inherently mean he's gone. I mean, he probably is. But he wouldn't be the first to enter the portal over the last 3 or 4 years who wound up coming back. Craig Porter Jr. and Udeze come to mind.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

So our NIL strategy is a “Save the Wings” campaign? JFC.
          Embarrassing. Apparently HCIB ain't the only one who comes up short in the -ahem- 'courting alumni' department, eh? KS is a walking talking clus*******. And yeah, I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Embarrassing. Apparently HCIB ain't the only one who comes up short in the -ahem- 'courting alumni' department, eh? KS is a walking talking clus*******. And yeah, I hope I'm wrong.
            I was critical of KS in an above post but will continue to call balls and strikes here.

It you think asking the general fan for donations is “embarrassing.” Or if it constitutes a “cluster****” you have been literally paying no attention to college athletics the last several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

So our NIL strategy is a “Save the Wings” campaign? JFC.
              OmG! You owe me a keyboard cleanup.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• [QUOTE=ShockerExpress;n1435677]

I was critical of KS in an above post but will continue to call balls and strikes here.

It you think asking the general fan for donations is “embarrassing.” Or if it constitutes a “cluster****” you have been literally paying no attention to college athletics the last several years. [/QUOTE

This is the Brand New Normal in college sports. Does KS not have direct contact behind the scenes with local corpration/big money in this City wanting to advertise and make money? He clearly sent a message that he doesn't. How about a HCPM golf tournament weekend coupled with a Shocker White Elephant auction? That's not too hard right? When's the date?

You saw what we saw this year; I'll call it a "cluster****" and. Hope. I'm. Wrong. Cuz if next is like this year he's gonna' be panhandling in front of local Dillons' next March for all the change he can come up with just to bring and keep talent right here in the Air Capital (but let's hope not).

Godda*n right it reeks of a "Save the Wings Campaign." (well done Bobb)
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 21, 2024, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• I'd take Jack Gohlke as a CR replacement

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    I'd take Jack Gohlke as a CR replacement
                    He may break the NCAA Tourney record for 3s in a game.

Comment

• This Oakland Kentucky game is unreal! One for the ages.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                        This Oakland Kentucky game is unreal! One for the ages.
                        A lot of fun. Best part of March
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• My favorite pre March Madness comments all centered around the talking heads "This Kentucky team is built for a deep run in March."

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            My favorite pre March Madness comments all centered around the talking heads "This Kentucky team is built for a deep run in March."
                            They always love to say that. It's kind of like KU.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Oakland beats Kentucky!

Message to Izzo....

4591a0.jpg

Comment

• I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but the coincidence cannot be denied that UK started doing a whole lot worse around the same time that NIL became a thing.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X