Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Especially if the track record is quite literally zero communication from the coaches and athletic department about what's going on.
    Easily one of the most frustrating things. How do you expect to maintain a healthy NIL when you’re not connected with the viewer base? We have such an amazing beat writer at hand. Use him.

Comment

Especially if the track record is quite literally zero communication from the coaches and athletic department about what's going on.
      pisses me off

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

pisses me off
        Who are you, the fan and donor, to complain?? Just open up your wallet and keep quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Who are you, the fan and donor, to complain?? Just open up your wallet and keep quiet.
          if I open up my wallet, moths fly out

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            I kind of like when players announce they are staying, rather than just staying and announcing nothing, in this era of portal craziness. Gets me hyped up.

Would be cool to see QB take another run at the WSU single-season blocks record.
            I think it's important because it tells other players and their families exactly where that person stands. It can help influence other key players to stay.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

10vgdx.jpg?a474984.jpg
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think it's important because it tells other players and their families exactly where that person stands. It can help influence other key players to stay.
                Or maybe a high-level point guard and forward to join him here...

I'm thinking this has something to do with a new NIL deal for the former Armchair group that Onegreatracer ("gave away the goodies") met with recently... hopefully an eye-opening game changer.

Comment

(this above)
                  I know I post a lot of meme's, they connect people in a way that dialogue can't match. There are moments in American TV, movies, radio, culture, politics, what have you, that connect and unite people. But since the gifs aren't quite working yet on this new server, I guess I'll spell it out.

The fans of this community have supported Wichita State basketball under the most dire of circumstances. In the face of little or no hope, they support the team and the program. They are not doing it to the same extent at this time. If someone on campus thinks that neglecting or ignoring a potential fanbase of 9,000+ screaming fans in Koch Arena is the way to generate excitement, boy have you got it completely backward. You want revenue from men's basketball for the athletic department? Stop focusing on the money part of it. Engage the fans. Give them something, nuggets (not chicken nuggets, but that's not a bad idea). Build excitement. If you can connect with the fans in a sincere way, the fans will pour into Koch and will cheer wildly for the Shocks whether they are up or down. Former HCMT got it and connected when he gave his little speech to the fans in a dire moment. I mean, seriously, if you ignore this fan base all spring/summer long, a percentage of the same will latch on to some other form of entertainment. And when that happens, it becomes an uphill walk to bring those people back into the fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

(this above)
                    I know I post a lot of meme's, they connect people in a way that dialogue can't match. There are moments in American TV, movies, radio, culture, politics, what have you, that connect and unite people. But since the gifs aren't quite working yet on this new server, I guess I'll spell it out.

The fans of this community have supported Wichita State basketball under the most dire of circumstances. In the face of little or no hope, they support the team and the program. They are not doing it to the same extent at this time. If someone on campus thinks that neglecting or ignoring a potential fanbase of 9,000+ screaming fans in Koch Arena is the way to generate excitement, boy have you got it completely backward. You want revenue from men's basketball for the athletic department? Stop focusing on the money part of it. Engage the fans. Give them something, nuggets (not chicken nuggets, but that's not a bad idea). Build excitement. If you can connect with the fans in a sincere way, the fans will pour into Koch and will cheer wildly for the Shocks whether they are up or down. Former HCMT got it and connected when he gave his little speech to the fans in a dire moment. I mean, seriously, if you ignore this fan base all spring/summer long, a percentage of the same will latch on to some other form of entertainment. And when that happens, it becomes an uphill walk to bring those people back into the fold.

ChuckNorristhumbsup-Emil-P.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                      Record numbers of college basketball players have entered the transfer portal, but NIL is likely not the reason for many

They don't even try to pretend what NIL is about anymore:

The NIL Collective system offers 'pay-for-play' contracts to athletes and has run rampant through men's revenue sports.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          All I know is pain.

Comment

• Good shooter, but I won't miss his D.
                            [edit]
                            And his lack of foot speed in going north south. Best of luck to him.

Comment

• Damn. This surprises me. It seemed like he was happy at WSU. I have to assume it's either NIL related, or he doesn't see us being tournament-worthy next year.

Comment

• It's easy to say this once he's in the portal, but don't think Colby leaving is the end of the world. You could make an argument that Quincy's skillset would be harder to replace. Clear as day that we need a scorer, and multiple reputable D1 shooters (we now have 0). Hopefully we get an upgrade on defense from his position.

Comment

Working...
                                X