• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m trying…
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post

Calling Ron Baker a liar isn't a good look. He is and will always be loved and welcome at Koch Arena.
      he'll always be welcome at Koch. But what isn't a good look is the product at Koch Arena. It resembles the 90's where it was also not a good look.
      To wait 6 years to question the treatment of a player who was a slacker with potential from the start, is a bad look. If the offense was terrible, it would have been addressed.
      The conference move was supposed to be great.
      I'm an alum of the 90's and a season ticket holder of 13 years. My deceased grandfather held seas tickets for over 60 years.
      I wat h or listen to every game. I really question why I bother at this point. There are no new revelations today. The lowest common denominator was allowed its way with society.
      We see it in current affairs and we see it with what happened with what the university could accomplish with Shocker basketball.
      Congratulations! You won! And I can't think of an individual or entity that is better off. Good for you.
      Phi Alpha

Comment

• Bill Self's actions are telling. He dodged WSU and even changed college basketball with his corruption. He wanted to dodge the beating and maintain the upper hand. WSU is only on his schedule to be fodder.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          He punched a player and choked a coach and wouldn't admit it or apologize for it. That's why he got fired.
          Allegedly
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Whether Ron Baker saw the Shaq incident is entirely irrelevant to the current discussion. (EDIT: I'm also curious how you think it "directly contradicts" Shaq's statement).

The current discussion is whether Marshall apologized for the incidents. He clearly did not, given Baker's statement. In fact, Baker's statement is evidence that Marshall denied anything ever happened.
            What did you see? That’s right-Not a $#@&ing thing. Yet you are ready to defame the hell out someone. I’m glad he didn’t apologize for anything. I’m sorry we have a number of Candy ass pansy fans who have never actually played sports and have no idea what kind of toughness it takes to be a winner in competitive sports. You can all join Patty as the losers breeding the losing we are witnessing right now. Let’s Go 3G!

Comment

• It’s really sad how much we value winning. Not standing up for Shaq, not doing any of that. Just saying that because a player got hit or a coach got choked or honestly even all those antics in Canada make people pansies because they don’t like it is just downright silly.

It doesn’t matter what happened when we were younger or what happens these days.

why?

3G was not a king or god. He was a professional, and at the end of the day, it cannot be argued that he was unprofessional. There should be repercussions. If I had an employee who did any of that, his ass would be out the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post

Stop sugarcoating it! He came right out and denied that any of it ever happened. He never for a minute thought his job was actually on the line. He only offered an apology and to attend anger management after the investigation was completed and by that time it was to late.
                Truth is sugar coating?

Comment

• The board sounds like a lot of posters can’t get past the denial phase of the grieving process.

Comment

• Guys can we stop hating on 3G here? This is the thread for hating on HCPM!!!!

*runs and hides*

Comment

• I am openly one of GM's defenders. Wonder what many of the big donors / decision makers who didn't stand behind him are thinking about the program now??
                      Last edited by asiseeit; February 19, 2024, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        He punched a player and choked a coach and wouldn't admit it or apologize for it. That's why he got fired.
                        “Allegedly”

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Also...true. I only saw the home games. Had to listen to Mike on the road games. And he always makes things sound better than they truly are lol
                          Don't mention listening to games on radio. I once paid over $100 to listen to the shocks (Kennedy)via internet. I didn't realize the hotel charged by the minute for internet usage. That had to be in the mid to late 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            I am openly one of GM's defenders. Wonder what many of the big donors / decision makers who didn't stand behind him are thinking about the program now?
                            I don’t believe that’s a big group of folks. 3G never lost that demo. WSU lost that demo as boosters by how they handled the fiasco. Also see: paying a coach top 10 money with private funding to five years later low major NIL levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I don’t believe that’s a big group of folks. 3G never lost that demo. WSU lost that demo as boosters by how they handled the fiasco. Also see: paying a coach top 10 money with private funding to five years later low major NIL levels.
                              To be fair .. our total spend on MBB coaches this year is the same as what it was in the later years of 3G.... its just spread across 3 coaches right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

To be fair .. our total spend on MBB coaches this year is the same as what it was in the later years of 3G.... its just spread across 3 coaches right now.
                                If it doesn't work out with HCPM hopefully WSU can at least pay a salary that attracts more established coaches next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X