No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes me yearn for the days of Miller, Harry Miller.

Comment

• Mills might actually stink it up so much that Kevin Saal doesn't get to make the next HC hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        Mills might actually stink it up so much that Kevin Saal doesn't get to make the next HC hire.
        he sure mucked up his first chance

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

he sure mucked up his first chance
          For all the good he has done in other areas, this is the one part of the job the WSU AD cannot screw up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
            Over and under on Mills next 106 wins

6.5 years
            10.6 years

Comment

For all the good he has done in other areas, this is the one part of the job the WSU AD cannot screw up.
              If KS has any desires to move on at some point, hires like this and others will be a black mark against his name, which won’t get him very far in the AD world.

How is his hire at Murray State doing? Hmmm.

Comment

• Was Mills the only guy that wanted the job?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  It's official.

Hired cheap?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Hired cheap?
                    Mills' salary isn't that much anymore for a D1 team that wants to be a contender.

There were purportedly coaching candidates who turned us down because we were not offering enough money. DeVries, for one. And perhaps Turgeon and Pat Kelsey. Word was they were trying to get Marshall to re-work his settlement offer to free up some money for a new coach, and Turgeon was that coach.

Saal got caught thumbing his sack. Turgeon was apparently his first choice and turned him down. Stupid error, considering Turgeon wasn't coaching anywhere and Saal could have had that conversation before he fired Brown. I guess it's plausible that conversation was before Brown's termination, but word of it did not get out until after.

But regardless. Mills was not Saal's first choice, but he was the first guy down Saal's list who said he'd do it for the money.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Mills might actually stink it up so much that Kevin Saal doesn't get to make the next HC hire.
                      Baseball better get off to a hot start or Saal definitely will start developing a reputation.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wasn’t a fan of the hire initially but was persuaded by everything that transpired before the games started but ever since WOW nothing has given me any hope that he’s the dude. The complete ho hum vibes, no valuing the basketball, and complete breakdowns on defense. I can’t think of a single thing they do well besides turn the ball over and shoot way too many 3s for a team that can’t make 3s.
                        Is it the players, coaches, or worse yet both? The off season will only be the start finding out but I’m leaning towards a new coach soon than later…to the deep abyss we continue to sink.
                        If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Feels like we started the season off right with some incredible development. Everybody was positive then, and we were beating a few teams better than the trash we lose to now.

Wonder what happened with the team…

Either way, don’t think l’ll be watching any more games until the tourney. I just don’t care about anybody but Ballard on this team tbh. Literally no point in watching car crash after car crash. And for the record I think mills needs to do better, but I blame most of the issue lies with our players. They’re just so bad I don’t see many coaches getting a whole lot more wins.

But we’ll see next year. If that year is anything like this one, then I’ll probably just stop watching altogether and start learning to watch soccer here in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                            Feels like we started the season off right with some incredible development. Everybody was positive then, and we were beating a few teams better than the trash we lose to now.

Wonder what happened with the team…

Either way, don’t think l’ll be watching any more games until the tourney. I just don’t care about anybody but Ballard on this team tbh. Literally no point in watching car crash after car crash. And for the record I think mills needs to do better, but I blame most of the issue lies with our players. They’re just so bad I don’t see many coaches getting a whole lot more wins.

But we’ll see next year. If that year is anything like this one, then I’ll probably just stop watching altogether and start learning to watch soccer here in Europe.
                            When we read your posts, do we read it with a British accent?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

When we read your posts, do we read it with a British accent?
                              Tough season, innit?

Comment

• Pitchforks? Check. Torches? Check.

Comment

Working...
                                X